Aug 24, 2013 Q3 meeting AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUG!

Home Forums LUG discussions Aug 24, 2013 Q3 meeting AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUG!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Tim

Everyone who is planning to attend –> please sign up with the DOODLE that Josh posted earlier (see his post above here). So far we only have 3 people listed on the Doodle as attending but at last count here we were looking at around 9 people attending. Thanks!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

ok i’m signed up. i think i did it right, i checked disposable cups. also, i’m a big mountain dew drinker (it’s a bad habit) so i will probably bring some of my own even if people are bringing other drinks, and i can bring plenty of extras.

Tim

Yes, you did it correct. Your name and selection are on the Doodle.

I have a couple of coolers and will have some ice in them to chill drinks (pop, water, etc.).

Josh
    Keymaster

I updated the initial post with some more details –

To celebrate our first year as a group, we’re going to be having a birthday party on Saturday, August 24th, and you’re invited! We’ll have 4 main activities:

10am – First, we’ll meet at the Cranberry Public Library to remove our Dig Into Reading display and take pictures of everyone’s contributions.
    1pm (or sooner) – Second, we’ll head over to Tim’s house, minutes from the library, to have lunch and begin our Q3 business meeting.
    3-5 – Awards, raffle, and parts draft. We’ll be giving away sets in the raffle and every participant in the draft should look forward to taking a couple hundred parts home!
    5-8pm – Sorting and socializing. We’ll be sorting the LUG’s parts inventory.

We are asking everyone to bring $15 to help offset costs for the party. Anything extra will go into the general fund. Contact Josh if you have any concerns there – our goal is to have as many participate as possible! Don’t feel the pressure to show up for the tear down or stay for the sorting; We realize this will be a long day. Come for what you can and you will not regret it!

Please take time to RSVP on the Doodle and bring something along: http://www.doodle.com/9hf8wvgt2esqubiw

We’re also looking to gather survey results for 2014, so please take a few minutes to answer these 9 questions – http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2VV7BV3

Any questions, email josh@steelcitylug.com and we hope to see you there!

Rich Millich
    Participant

I will need a ride and will be bringing some some brick to exchange or give too. And probably my Paladin. I’ll have a pair of hands and a lot of energy that day, but will be coming off a Friday night graveyard shift, so caffeine and sugar will be required. Ha ha ha ha!

What set are we drafting?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

What set are we drafting?

No set – bulk LUG support brick. But Doug is in charge of the draft, so don’t take my word for it.

I will need a ride

Rich, I already have Andrew and Dan lined up to ride with me, but might be able to take you too. Can you get to my house by 9ish next Saturday? My biggest concern would be making sure we also have room for DIG cubes, party supplies, etc. so if anyone else would be willing to carpool with Rich, that would give us more space in my car…

I’ll be driving from the north hills (Bellevue) if anyone needs a ride.

Hmm… maybe one of the three of Dan / Andrew / Rich could get to Bellevue and ride with Laura? Also, I’m pretty sure Doug is also going (as far as other city-dwellers), but not sure whether he’s trying to drive or what…

• This reply was modified 10 years, 8 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Zemata
    Participant

How much of the bulk do we get and how much stays in the lug? Anyone remember if there was any dark bley bricks? I need lots of those bad

Josh
    Keymaster

How much of the bulk do we get and how much stays in the lug? Anyone remember if there was any dark bley bricks? I need lots of those bad

we’re going to draft 2 of the untouched boxes of support. there’s got to be some dark bley in there…or just a bunch of doors.

Zemata
    Participant

Should I bring Neodymia back for photographs?

Josh
    Keymaster

please do!

Dan
    Participant

I’m really pumped!

Getting to Matt’s is much easier than getting to Bellevue for me (a long, but direct walk vs. a bus ride and transfer). Does that work?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Getting to Matt’s is much easier than getting to Bellevue for me (a long, but direct walk vs. a bus ride and transfer). Does that work?

Since we’re now a few days away, let’s make sure we’re all on the same page. I think that, given the amount of stuff I expect to be transporting, I’m going to cap my carpool at 2 riders. Also, I’m planning on leaving my house no later than 9:15 and staying at Tim’s all day, so anyone who’s planning to ride with me should be prepared to not get back to the city until 8:30 or 9ish. Andrew and Dan were the first two to ask, so unless somebody says otherwise, I’m going to plan on taking those two gentlemen. If you guys are cool with that, and able to get to my house between 9 and 9:15 Saturday morning, then we’re still good to go.

Rich, I don’t want to leave you hanging, but I think it’s gonna be a tight squeeze with all the stuff we need to transport. Can you find alternate transportation?

I will be there, can you PM me your address? Also, are we judging the monocolor builds there?

Tim

Please feel free to bring your Lego creations to the party (it may be difficult space-wise for anyone who contributed to the DIG display). As always, it is so cool to see what everyone else is currently working on.

Dan Efran
    Participant

Hey…sorry I haven’t been keeping up with this thread.

It looks like I’ll be able to come to the party.

The emphasis on disposable items on the signup rubs me the wrong way. Why make extra trash, when we own things? So how about I bring some re-usable cups, take them home again and wash them? I could probably do plates too.

Or if there are dishes already there that we could use, I can wash ’em.

Thanks. Looking forward to the party…I’ve missed the last few LUG events.

Tim

Great to hear that you will be able to come, Dan!

Rich Millich
    Participant

Matt, I have to rely on public transportation and have no idea how or if I’d be able to get to Tim’s, and probably not by bus at any reasonable time on a Saturday.

Zemata
    Participant

guys does anyone have a black 8 tooth gear or any dark bley bricks to give or trade me? Especially 1x bricks.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Rich, I think Josh offered to pick Andrew up, which should free up a spot in my car. Can you be at my house between 9-9:15, and are you ok staying until Tim’s wife kicks us out?

Rich Millich
    Participant

Can do, Matt. That’s my plan now. I’ll leave work and I’ll have to go directly there. It’ll be a very long but fun day for me. Wouldn’t miss it!

Dan
    Participant

So I got four 2 liter bottles of Simplify (Rite-Aid brand soda) for the party. There will be Mountain Citrus, Cola, Diet Cola, and Root Beer (creative names!). Also I picked up one bag each of pretzels and Doritos.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

does anyone have a black 8 tooth gear

This is a tiny gear:
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3647

Josh
    Keymaster

Rich, I think Josh offered to pick Andrew up, which should free up a spot in my car. Can you be at my house between 9-9:15, and are you ok staying until Tim’s wife kicks us out?

I should have at least one somewhere… I know I’ve had that power set in at least 1 unsorted lot.

I can bring some dark bley too.

Zemata
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Redfield wrote:</div>

I should have at least one somewhere… I know I’ve had that power set in at least 1 unsorted lot.

I can bring some dark bley too.

Is there anything in particular you want in return?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar