2017 Q1 build challenge – Imitation

Home Forums MOCs Build challenges! 2017 Q1 build challenge – Imitation

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

I forget who came up with this idea, but I thought it might be a fun one to try…

You have to imitate the build of another member. Anything shared on flickr by a previous member, or previous displayed is fair game. Much like Rich just did on facebook with Dan Waksman’s bike. It can be an improvement, a respectful nod, or you’re own creative spin on what they did.

Let me know if you have any questions or ideas.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Is there a pic of Rich’s build? I’m not on FB.

Josh
    Keymaster

here

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Could be fun. #subbed

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’m definitely interested in seeing what people come up with for this one. Also, this one time, I built an 8-foot tall castle tower, I would really like to see that one imitated. (And no, a microscale version is not clever, and anyway Josh already did it.)

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Also, this one time, I built an 8-foot tall castle tower, I would really like to see that one imitated.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

imitate the build of another member

wait, what? srsly? the struggle is real

Dan Waksman
    Participant

And here’s my original (which got flipped around on the fly for the display today):

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Dan Waksman.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Dan Waksman.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Josh
    Keymaster

wait, what? srsly? the struggle is real

It’s called a challenge. What did you expect? Build the tallest tower out of 2x4s?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Yeah, at first it was like trying to escape gravity to be able to build with a different theme. Since then, I have been cultivating four distinct ideas, of course I may not have a chance to implement any of them well. When is this meeting again?

Hannah Dow
    Participant

I’m kinda excited for this challenge, I think I’ve got a pretty good idea 🙂

Josh
    Keymaster

When is this meeting again?

looks like March 18th is the date.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I won’t be able to make the meeting, but that’s all right. I don’t have enough trans green to emulate @Frost

Greg Schubert
    Participant

You have to imitate the build of another member.

While listening to the Stillers’ clinic on kicking field goals yesterday, I made substantial progress on this challenge. Its all good.

Will McDine
    Participant

I’d Really like to see someone imitate one of my builds!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

It has been a month since anyone posted in this thread and there is less than a month to go for this challenge. If people are actually participating, it might also be fun to try to guess who built what.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

It has been a month since anyone posted in this thread and there is less than a month to go for this challenge. If people are actually participating, it might also be fun to try to guess who built what.

What devilry is this? A post from 1/17/17, the same day as Will’s post, claiming it’s been a month since anyone posted?!?

This reply was modified 5 days, 3 hours ago by  Greg Schubert.

Oh. Cheater.

Anyway, as per usual, not sure I’ll have time to attempt a build. But I agree, it could be super fun to have these be anonymous on both ends, and guess (maybe even cast votes?) who built each one and whose work it emulates…

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> But I agree, it could be super fun to have these be anonymous on both ends, and guess (maybe even cast votes?) who built each one and whose work it emulates…

That does sound fun. I think it’s unlikely that I’ll be emulated, but if I were, I’d have a hard time not saying ‘Whoo hoo! That one is totally the winner right there.’ Ben (who also likes to refer to himself in the third person) does not have a good poker face.

The real question is are we gonna pick a winner by general voting, or having a judge? Cause judge selection in this case would be a lot more complicated that it normally is…

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

think it’s unlikely that I’ll be emulated

Dude, the kiddos emulate you every time we do a tallest tower competition…

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> Dude, the kiddos emulate you every time we do a tallest tower competition…

Yeah but not on purpose, so that doesn’t count. Plus, I don’t know how many times you’ve run those competitions, but I have yet to be around for one.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar