2017 Q3 build challenge – Collaborate

Home Forums MOCs Build challenges! 2017 Q3 build challenge – Collaborate

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

STOP. Collaborate and listen.

Work with someone else to build something. You have plenty of time to work together. This will coincide with the 5th anniversary celebration of the LUG.

judges? criteria?

Micah Beideman
    Participant

Could I collaborate with someone outside the LUG?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

O_O

Josh
    Keymaster

You, of all people, should know you can collaborate with someone outside the LUG.

…Just don’t expect winning this award for doing it.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Lulz.

Dan (Beast)
    Participant

I have been building a mini NES (borrowed someone elses basic design) and my Brother in law is putting in a Raspberry Pi so it can run games.

Other than that if there are any Ace combat fans I’m trying to get an ADF-01 Falken design done and for the Star Wars fans, I’m going for a Midi Hammerhead Corvette.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I have been building a mini NES (borrowed someone elses basic design) and my Brother in law is putting in a Raspberry Pi so it can run games.

Other than that if there are any Ace combat fans I’m trying to get an ADF-01 Falken design done and for the Star Wars fans, I’m going for a Midi Hammerhead Corvette.

I did not understand any of this except the word “corvette”. Bob, did you?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

NES would be Nintendo Entertainment System. Otherwise I am not following either, esp since Corvette in this case probably does not refer to a cool car from the 1970s.

Bob Grier
    Participant

I recognized the Hammerhead Corvette. It’s a Rebel spaceship that shows up in the movie Rogue One, and is used like a battering ram to push one disabled Star Destroyer into another during the Battle for Scarif.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I recognized the Hammerhead Corvette. It’s a Rebel spaceship that shows up in the movie Rogue One, and is used like a battering ram to push one disabled Star Destroyer into another during the Battle for Scarif.

It’s a bastardization of the original Corellian Corvette, from the good (well, relatively speaking) movies. The original is literally the first ship you see in A New Hope – the Rebel Blockade Runner carrying Princess Leia n’at. Everyone knows this.

The Hammerhead Corvette is not to be confused with the Ithorian Hammerhead. Also, Ithorians are not to be called Hammerheads – it’s highly offensive. #themoreyouknow

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Greg’s just being nice so he can collaborate with you for Q3.

That is a brilliant idea, I just wish I had thought of it.

Josh
    Keymaster

Just a pulse check, do we have committed participants in this challenge?

Tom Frost
    Participant

Walter and I will have something for this

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Well, since second place is still open, I built something with my son.

Bob Grier
    Participant

Tim, Hannah and I are building something for this. Three guesses as to the theme, but you’ll only need one!!

Josh
    Keymaster

Well, since second place is still open, I built something with my son.

You, of all people, should know you can collaborate with someone outside the LUG.

Will McDine
    Participant

@legoman270 and I will more than likely have something… The two firefighters… Any Guesses?

Josh
    Keymaster

@lwquestie and @paulamalu plenty of time to collaborate on something other than baked goods. just sayin’

Erin D.
    Participant

@lwquestie and @paulamalu plenty of time to collaborate on something other than baked goods. just sayin’

Hahah, I was just looking around to find the meeting date. Help a sister out?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

http://www.steelcitylug.com/forum/topic/2017-q3-birthday-party/

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Erin D.
    Participant

2017 Q3 / birthday party – Aug 19th

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” sandbox=”allow-scripts” security=”restricted” style=”position: absolute; clip: rect(1px, 1px, 1px, 1px);” src=”http://www.steelcitylug.com/forum/topic/2017-q3-birthday-party/embed/#?secret=f7A8vL4eDA&#8221; data-secret=”f7A8vL4eDA” width=”591″ height=”333″ title=”“2017 Q3 / birthday party – Aug 19th” — Steel City LUG – Pittsburgh Area’s Adult LEGO Users Group” frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no”></iframe>

Thanks, Matt! Of course, I found it right after asking 🙂

Paula
    Participant

Besides our stellar personalities?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar