2017 Q4 Build Challenge – Emergency!

Home Forums MOCs Build challenges! 2017 Q4 Build Challenge – Emergency!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Will McDine
    Participant

I have Decided to host the next quarterly meetings build challenge! I use basically the same techniques in all my builds and so this would be a great opportunity to not only show off my techniques, but also give you all a chance to teach me a thing or two along the way! Your challenge? Modern day Emergency Vehicles! This includes Fire Department, Police Department, or Emergency Medical Services. I strive for realism in each and every one of my builds and I encourage you to do as well. Your emergency vehicle can be based off of anything you want, including but not limited to any Lego theme, or a real life Emergency Vehicle.
    There Will be no limits as far as color or length, but I would like the vehicles to be no more than 7 studs wide (best way to achieve this is with the 2x6x2 windscreen and these https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=50745#T=C ). If you have any questions feel free to post them here. If not, See you at Q4!

Will McDine
    Participant

Side note: ambulances and or any vehicle with a a ford, dodge, or Chevy cab can be 5 studs wide.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

There has not been too much chatter about the Q4 build challenge of making an emergency vehicle …

Greg Schubert
    Participant

… and I think I am going to build a fire station instead.

Will McDine
    Participant

… and I think I am going to build a fire station instead.

At this point, forget the rules. Build whatever you want to! I will be excited to see it either way!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I hope I am not the only one who built something for the Q4 challenge.

Phil Breneman
    Participant

Will McDine
    Participant

I hope I am not the only one who built something for the Q4 challenge.

I hope not either, but I hope you do not disappoint! I do have an idea of what I would like to see from you!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Maybe Phil Huckleberry also accepted the challenge.

I do have an idea of what I would like to see from you!

If my MOC meets what you were anticipating, then one of us is a mind reader. 🙂 On the other hand, when LUG members see it, they will know who built it.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Someone is certain to post photos of the MOCs at our meeting, but here is a preliminary version of the fire station that I created and the LEGO Digital Designer file that I used to “build” the fire truck from virtual parts while traveling over the holidays.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dan
    Participant

All the builds were great! Thanks for bringing them!

@greg
    I loved the gingerbread firehouse!

Tom Frost
    Participant
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar