$500 for LUG – Youngstown Library Lego Event

Home Forums LUG discussions $500 for LUG – Youngstown Library Lego Event

Viewing 8 posts - 51 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

They loved us and want to do more stuff with us.

Great new, thanks for the update!

Josh
    Keymaster

I heard wonderful things from Zach. Sounds like it was a trifecta of bliss via lug, public, and library. PERFECT.

also, got this email in:

Subject: Youngstown Library Event 10/25/15

Message Body:
    Just wanted to let your group know how much my son Philip enjoyed the event at Youngstown Public Library. We hope you come back more than once a year.

This mail is sent via contact form on Steel City LUG – Pittsburgh LEGO User Group http://www.steelcitylug.com

Tim

Overall, everything went very well. The librarians were very happy to have us; there was a good turnout; it was easy to get to (50 minutes from my house in Cranberry); and they want us back. The only real glitch was the lack of the bricks needed to build the Library model. RJ did a yeoman’s job of getting part of it cobbled together from some sets bought at TRU on the spot. However, the Library does have the funds to finance the construction of RJ’s virtual model and we briefly discussed going back in the spring sometime to do the build (after parts acquisition is completed).

Nick Chen
    Participant

If that is the same Phillip, then he was the kid who built a lego car that beat my GoPro car.

Here is some video I recorded on the GoPro car.

Tim

Dumb question, but did we get paid for this? Not trying to be too mercenary but am curious.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Yeah, we made money money. Slightly more complicated than it should’ve been, but the $500 (less the hot dogs) is in the LUG coffers.

Tim

OK, thanks for confirming. 🙂

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

@iamrjthompson – any further discussion about possibly repeating this event (hopefully with the right bricks to make the library?) I know we had a lot of fun last year, and they seemed keen on bringing us back at the time…

Viewing 8 posts - 51 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar