Allegheny County Park's Lawrence mansion

Home Forums MOCs Allegheny County Park's Lawrence mansion

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Zach and I first built a prototype of this building. Then I decided that there were lots of things that would make it look better. In retrospect, if I do a big project like this again I should plan it first in LEGO Digital Designer. Having a virtual model would prevent all the changes I had to make and the mistakes which had to be corrected from building the roof and main building separately.

It was surprising to realize that in the last month I’ve spent 140 bucks and 80 Euros on bricklink … and I already had the vast majority of the parts that I needed for this house!

The finishing touch will be the tan window frames, when our LUGbulk order arrives.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

The finishing touch will be the tan window frames, when our LUGbulk order arrives.

“When”, you say? I appreciate your positive outlook.

This looks rill nice. Especially that PENS in LEGO font! Can we get a full-on view of that in the proper thread?

Josh
    Keymaster

Absolutely spectacular. Best LUG MOC I’ve seen this year.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

This building was made with alternating layers of bricks and plates. It covers eight 32×32 baseplates and it is MILS standard, but can also be a stand alone display. I don’t know what’s will happen once it has been slid off the cardboard that is supporting the baseplates. 😛

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

Very nice. I like the “brick” effect. Can you bring this to the Q3 meeting? I would love to see it in person.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Yeah that’s a keeper. I assume it’ll go right in with the other winter stuff you have.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar