Amazing stuff

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Amazing stuff

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

http://lego.gizmodo.com/its-a-bird-its-a-plane-its-giant-lego-mothra-732204490

“The things you see when you don’t have a gun.” Marian Hardy – WAMALUG

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Not sure, but I think that quote came from elsewhere. I don’t know Marian, but I’ve heard my mother say this, and I’d wager she doesn’t know Marian, either.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I don’t know Marian

Here is Aunt Marian on an escalator with one of the 20 richest people on the planet. I convinced her to get his signature on her 50 year old box which had the man’s face as a blonde boy. He hesitated, but acquiesced. She was all smiles afterward.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I see. Well, not really. The guy in the yellow shirt is rich, and was a child model for LEGO?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

You were close, the balding dude with the light blue shirt is the owner and former CEO of TLG, Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen. His grandfather, the original company owner, arranged for Kjeld to be on a LEGO set when he was a blonde-haired, blue-eyed boy. Marian got the signature of a billionaire on a 50 year old photo of himself at Brickfest 2005.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

That’s pretty awesome.

Not sure if it’s as awesome as meeting Wyldstyle, but… pretty awesome.

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Not sure if it’s as awesome as meeting Wyldstyle

I cannot top that … of course, Everything is … well, you know.

Josh
    Keymaster

nice! that wyldstyle is so much better than the philly brick fest benny.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

that wyldstyle is so much better than the philly brick fest benny.

Absolutely. Benny’s thin arms were so weird. And his hands stuck out of his hands.

Josh
    Keymaster

http://lego.gizmodo.com/everyones-invited-to-build-this-massive-150-000-brick-l-1572107874

it’s like that barnes and noble architecture event on steroids.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

it’s like that barnes and noble architecture event on steroids.

AGREED! So 150,000 parts is about 125 sets which is roughly $19,000 not including tax and shipping. (I hope he got an artist’s rate on these … maybe more like ten grand.)

But its actually brilliant if he can book art shows and get a return on his investment because master builders like Sean Kenney and Nathan Sawaya have to invest their own time to plan and build the stuff themselves! 🙂

Now that I think about it, didn’t kids do this at the Pittsburgh Kidsfest with multiple colors? Of course, going all white makes it much classier. And if you leave it out in the sun long enough, you have Tatooine!

Attachments:
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

And if you leave it out in the sun long enough, you have Tatooine!

Greg, that’s almost as full of win as the comment on the article: “where we’re going, we don’t need roads” (actually, that guy didn’t capitalize or use punctuation, so… you win at winning the internet!)

Josh
    Keymaster
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Gotta watch out on juxtapoz.com – some NSFW images came up in the sidebar…

Those cylinders, though.

Dan
    Participant

All of these are amazing! (Is amazing still ok, or does everything have to be awesome now???)

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Do the biggest LUGs occur near LEGO stores or are the biggest LUGs near the most dense population centers which also happen to have LEGO stores. Well, the asnwer might be neither because VirtualLUG, which never meets in person had an amazing display at Brickworld in Chicago.

The first frame of this video brought me back to where I started 14 years ago thinking that I would never be able to dedicate enough time, money or talent to build the truly amazing things that other people make out of LEGO. The only difference now is that I realize that I also don’t have enough room.

Click in the top left hand corner of the screen below and watch the second video: Homer’s Odyssey in LEGO – Brickworld Chicago 2014.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

watch the second video: Homer’s Odyssey in LEGO

Water?! That’s not LEGO. “Custom decal”?!?! That’s not LEGO. “Blacklights”?!?!?! That’s not LEGO. Pshaw, this display is rife with problems.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Yes, but didn’t you like their giants, waterfall, wind in a barrel, swimming sharks, spinning vortex to the nether, DUPLO sheep, etc.?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster
    Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Kinda cool. I feel like we could make it. But could we make it cheaper than them?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

found this image online … the pastels make it especially formidable looking

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Square-tangular Minions?! Inconceivable!

Are those Mickey and Pluto minifigs legit LEGO? I’ve never seen them…

And the Disney Princess float I’m finding oddly disturbing…

Micah Beideman
    Participant

I haven’t seen enough Sci-Fi or Bionicle builds here so, I hope these are awesome enough 🙂
    Solar Sweeper 3V
    Onuta - Master of Claw

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar