Amazing stuff

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Amazing stuff

Viewing 19 posts - 101 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

I heard him say that it cost him 1800 pounds, which is over $2300, but its still not big enough to ride!

he said 80 to 100 pounds.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

he said 80 to 100 pounds

damn British people can’t speak their own language!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

tl;dw. But good on him for confusing Greg and building a thing that’s #embiggened.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Ok then, what would it cost to 3D print the letters of a gigantic word in blue that LOOKS like it is made out of individual LEGO bricks and to which real yellow bricks could be glued?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

THREADJACKIN… well, actually, more like Threadmerging, or crossing the streams…

But actually, I like your thinking, Greg. May or may not work, but it’s worth considering for Project Panther… lemme cross-reference your idea so it shows up in that thread.

Josh
    Keymaster
    Josh
    Keymaster

Railway System: Debut layout

wow. and to make all the instructions available too.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

It reminds me of a toy my kids had a long time ago 🙂

Its very impressive. from watching the video I cannot even ascertain the fundamental motor / battery combination he is using. However, the motors in each of the vehicles seem to be running the devices while the vehicles are stationary.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

wow. and to make all the instructions available too.

@bengood921
    wishes his GBC ran that well…

And we should totally build one of these, for the learning experience. @zaximillian loves that sort of thing.

Josh
    Keymaster

worth watching to the end…there’s more.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

<< worth watching to the end…there’s more.

This one had been on my list of things to watch for awhile and I finally got around to it. Josh is right, initially it looks like they’ve mostly got it covered in the first four minutes of its 22-minute run-time, but you definitely wanna stick around to the end (fortunately Hanlon keeps things moving by asking the questions we were all wondering about). I don’t wanna give any direct spoilers, but it reminded me of the documentary on Henry Darger (go look it up), even before I got to the later part, I was thinking to myself, if this guy had never shared his Lego builds with anybody before he died, he would totally be the Henry Darger of Lego.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Henry Darger

What an obscure, albeit interesting, person. How do you even know about this?

Tim

The statue which can be seen at 19:30 is really cool. But holy crap, what a collection of light gray brick! To have all that tied up in an “old build”. Whew!

Josh
    Keymaster

akiyuki is just down right amazing. these are so awesome. so many applications!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

akiyuki is just down right amazing

So he clearly has an amazing grasp of this technology, which I certainly do not. At first I was perplexed by these little autonomous machine running with a motor and a sensor but no intelligent brick / brain. Honestly, I still don’t completely get it but it appears that the programming for each automaton is remotely controlled by an ipad. Reading the comments, I came to understand that right now the software can only control one motor (“Powered up”, not “Power Functions”) at a time. So he needed three ipads to control three carts.

If you find watching this video somewhat mesmerizing there is a toy my boys had, the Big Loader Construction Set, that is fun to watch. The original design was from the 70’s, as can be seen in this video: https://youtu.be/Pfo_yIQgpnM?t=165

Tim

Big Loader Construction Set

Had the Big Loader toy as a child. I think it’s still at my parent’s house. 🙂

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Holy smokes, I posted almost the same video three years ago in this same thread! I thought you had to be a lot older to tell the same stories repeatedly.

Josh
    Keymaster

he’s at it again. i watched the whole thing and still so amazed.

Rich Millich
    Participant

Mmmmmmm, I looooove me some LEGO math. This is how you get more and more interesting off-stud and off-angle builds going.

BREAK THE CUBE.

Viewing 19 posts - 101 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar