Avalon Library Star Wars Days

Home Forums LUG discussions Avalon Library Star Wars Days

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    David Bacon
    Participant

I also have UCS Xwing (which I am not sure will fit)

Is this the UCS X-wing you are referring to? Cause I’m pretty sure it will fit.

Micro UCS X-Wing by Nick Chen[/url], on Flickr

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by David Bacon.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by David Bacon.
    Micah Beideman
    Participant

Okay Matt, I’ll play around with it. see if I can come up with some concepts for the tentacles…

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Okay Matt, I’ll play around with it. see if I can come up with some concepts for the tentacles…

Attaboy!

“Those who can’t build, pressure others into building.” ~ A Wise Man

Josh
    Keymaster

/subbed.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

From Sara:

“To answer your other questions, the cases have lights built into the ceiling. We could also hang ships from the slots built into the walls for the movable shelving.

We are fine with an evening installation on Tuesdays or Thursdays. We’re open until 8 PM both nights. Thursdays are probably slightly better for us because I am here and we don’t have any programs after 6 PM.”

She also confirmed that @bacon1986 stopped by (not that I doubted him…)

So yeah. Based on Sara’s e-mail and David’s comments, my recommendation is that we plan to show up on Thursday 3/31 (NEXT WEEK!). I know that’s not ideal for Nick, but unless we think we can figure everything out by this Thursday 3/24 (or maybe Saturday, although she didn’t say anything about installing on Saturday…) I think we’ll just have to make do. I could easily get there by 5:30 or so and be ready to roll at 6 when their program ends.

Teardown could then be Tue 4/26 or Thu 4/28…

And yeah. Big UCS sets are cool, but also… big. Do we want to just show up with a bunch of stuff and see what fits where, or try to come up with a plan? Probably doesn’t have to be a big ordeal, but maybe a loose plan for what sets to bring and what heights to set the shelves to accommodate the larger stuff is a good idea, no?

David Bacon
    Participant

I have finally got an idea of when I will be out of town next week. I should be available on Thursday the 31st to head up the placement of our Lego sets in the displays at Avalon library. @solscud007 if you would like to bring anything you want to contribute to my house this week, I can store it and bring it on the 31st. Or I could meet up with you in Cranberry sometime this week. Note that I will be out of town Friday through Monday night.

@philmatt24
    do you want to come on the 31st at 6pm to setup also? Anyone else interested in providing some Star Wars’y Lego goodness?

As far as LUG recognition, I was thinking of just printing a sign with our logo and laminating it and displaying it in a Lego easel or frame. Whatever I can build in time that doesn’t look like crap.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

@philmatt24 do you want to come on the 31st at 6pm to setup also? Anyone else interested in providing some Star Wars’y Lego goodness?

Yeah, I’m probably in. Can bring the UCS B-wing if we decide we want it. Can probably get some other smaller sets built to contribute as well.

As far as LUG recognition, I was thinking of just printing a sign with our logo and laminating it and displaying it in a Lego easel or frame. Whatever I can build in time that doesn’t look like crap.

If there’s a place to hang it, we could get one of the signs from Josh. Could also get the QR code Greg built, although I’d imagine we’d want both of those things to go to PBF, which means pulling them out of the library before the PBF crew rolls out (likely Wednesday 4/27 or Thursday 4/28).

David Bacon
    Participant

How big are these signs @JoshHall has?

David Bacon
    Participant

Hmmm, I’ve got a minor scheduling conflict with my wife. Any chance we could meet at the library at 5pm on Thursday?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Signs are maybe 48″ wide and 30″ tall? We even have a PVC stand, but it’s big…

Only reasons not to meet at 5 are that Sara said they have an activity/event until 6 on Thursdays, and that it’s harder to get there from work. I might be able to swing 5 if I go in early that day, though… we can check with her to ensure it’s ok to show up earlier than 6.

Nick Chen
    Participant

@bacon1986 and Matt. Are we meeting up at the Library this Thursday? If so then great. I can drop off some stuff this week. If not then sure David lets meet up I can drive them to your house. What is your cell number so we can coordinate?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Could also get the QR code Greg built, although I’d imagine we’d want both of those things to go to PBF

There are TWO black and yellow QR codes. I have one of my own, the other was built with LUG parts.

I cannot tell from the speculation in this thread, is someone already planning to provide a millennium falcon?

Also this is the first mention of planning for PBF I have seen. Is there an entire discussion thread that I have been missing about PBF, an event that is a month away?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

@bacon1986 and Matt. Are we meeting up at the Library this Thursday?

I was recommending next Thursday the 31st. Unless you guys can get everything organized in the next 3 days. And either way, we need to confirm the install date with Sara. Let me know if you want to push for this Thursday, @solscud007/@bacon1986, and I’ll e-mail her to confirm.

There are TWO black and yellow QR codes. I have one of my own, the other was built with LUG parts.

I knew about the white / trans light blue one that Elsa made, but not about this other one. O_O

I cannot tell from the speculation in this thread, is someone already planning to provide a millennium falcon?

Not I.

Also this is the first mention of planning for PBF I have seen. Is there an entire discussion thread that I have been missing about PBF, an event that is a month away?

Indeed and forsooth
    Thou art not the true master
    Of threads we supposed!

O Great Threadjacker,
    Let me Google that for you:
    Here is what you seek

But seriously, Dan,
    Why did you fail to include
    The year in title?

David Bacon
    Participant

I cannot attend anything this week. It needs to be the 31st for me.

@solscud007
    I will PM you my cell number.

Nick Chen
    Participant

I can bring my Episode 7 Millennium Falcon for display.

David Bacon
    Participant

Wife’s plans have now changed
    No longer need early be
    Six P M work fine

Micah Beideman
    Participant

This Thursday wouldn’t work for me, but next Thursday should.
    And Matt, I should hopefully have a Rathtar by then.

David Bacon
    Participant

Cool, I’m glad you’re building one. I am going to try to build one tonight, but I don’t know if I’ll finish it. Will be good to have two Rathtars to terrorize Nick’s Millennium Falcon!

David Bacon
    Participant

BTW, TT Games sure took the easy way out with their Rathtar. They just made a blob with yellow orbs and some Lego tentacle pieces and Lego horn teeth.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Josh
    Keymaster

let me know if you guys want anything from me/lug inventory/lug supplies here. I’m assuming nothing at this point.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

(we now present a haiku reply in three parts…)

Excellent, Micah!

Wife’s plans have now changed
    No longer need early be
    Six P M work fine

This Thursday wouldn’t work for me, but next Thursday should.

Then next Thursday it shall be.

Cool, I’m glad you’re building one. I am going to try to build one tonight, but I don’t know if I’ll finish it. Will be good to have two Rathtars to terrorize Nick’s Millennium Falcon!

Excellent, David!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Incidentally, has anyone else noticed that Rathtar is a palindrome?

Yes… yes, they have…

David Bacon
    Participant

I’m excited to see @hacim’s rathtar. In the mean time, here’s what I whipped together tonight. Sure wish I had dark red hinges.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Micah Beideman
    Participant

hmm, not bad. I would post a wip, but I haven’t started mine yet xD

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

OK, so, let’s confirm since we’re 2 days from install.

Who’s gonna be there Thursday? @hacim, @bacon1986, and me, with @solscud007 having previously dropped off things with David?

I’m shooting for 5 PM – I have to be elsewhere by 7:30 so I need to be done no later than 7. Sara said after 5 should be ok. Does 5ish work for yinz?

What, exactly, are we displaying?

– Matt’s UCS B-Wing
    – Nick’s Ep VII Millennium Falcon
    – David’s Rathtar
    – Micah’s Rathtar
    – Nick’s UCS X-Wing? (LEGO.com says “Measures over 10″ (26cm) high, 20″ (52cm) long and 18″ (46cm) wide”, so this def won’t fit in a 17″ deep cabinet unless we set it at a rakish angle somehow…)
    – David’s UCS TIE Interceptor, the UCS R2-D2, and the Ewok village (all should fit)
    – Anything else? I might still be able to rebuild a few of the original ships (I had A-, B-, X-, and Y-, as well as the original Slave I and a few other sets) but not sure I’ll have the time. What else did Nick give David? What else do you guys have built?

So we’d have the Rathtars terrorizing the Falcon (and presumably some minifigs, but I only have the Rey from Rey’s Speeder set, and possibly a Han from old sets if I can find him…)

The UCS stuff & Ewok Village will take up a good bit of space.

And whatever else we have can hopefully fill the cabinets to the gills.

I’ll try to remember business cards (at least to tape one in the window or something); do we care about the signs or anything else? Maybe we print a page saying “check out our work at other branches this summer!” or maybe not, since we don’t know for sure which branches besides Cranberry we’ll be doing?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar