Brickfair VA 2018

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Brickfair VA 2018

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I don’t see any thread yet for BFVA 2018, so since the topic has come up, I will not be able to attend this year. Family plans have intervened and must take precedence. So I will re-channel my BFVA energies into as many of our other LUG displays as possible.

There are new and exciting MOC’s there every year, however I’m not sure I’ll even go to see it this year.

Tim

I hate to miss it. I feel it is still the best AFOL Convention, although there are now many good ones.

Micah Beideman
    Participant

I’ll be at BFVA. Still haven’t decided what this year’s collab will be though. It’s gonna be tough to top the babies, but we’ll try…

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I plan to be there. I expect to talk to Rachel into it again. I expect it’ll be another GBC year for me.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Is anyone considering BrickFair Virginia, as a day trip or a single overnight, rather than as an attendee?

Hannah Dow
    Participant

I’ll be at BFVA. Still haven’t decided what this year’s collab will be though. It’s gonna be tough to top the babies, but we’ll try…

Saw this today and although it’s not at Scala baby level, you may be able to do something fun with it 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Saw this today

Are these a new Incredibles superhero and the oversized Jack-Jack?

Tom Frost
    Participant

Is anyone considering BrickFair Virginia, as a day trip or a single overnight, rather than as an attendee?

I am trying to convince Amy this would be a great family trip for the weekend.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Each Brickfair registrant gets an extra ticket for a guest o attend one of the days for the general public. If you cannot get one from a friend, it might be helpful to know that Todd just started advanced ticket sales today:

https://www.brickfair.com/Tickets/

I have seen the line that wraps around the building and am glad that, as a presenter, I did not have to wait in it. Especially when a thunderstorm, which is typical for that time of year, rolls through.

Josh
    Keymaster

you wanna drive me?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

you wanna drive me?

Maybe, I’m still somewhat ambivalent about going.

Todd
    Participant

If anyone needs tickets to BrickFair please let me know I will have extra tickets.
    Todd
    Classic Plastic Bricks

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

…how was I not even subscribed to this?!?

…and what’s going on with that photo, @hannah133?

I’m probably not going. But we’ll see.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

you wanna drive me?

now we’re scheduled for a college visit that weekend, so I’m out for BFVA ’18

Hannah Dow
    Participant

…and what’s going on with that photo, @hannah133?

turns out the arm holes of a normal minifig are the same size as those on a lego flashlight minifig which can lead to some interesting mashups lol

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Tomorrow (Sunday Aug 5) is the last day of Brickfair VA. No word from @bengood921 or @hacim? I am somewhat road weary, but back in the ‘burgh. Is anyone planning a day trip to Chantilly? https://10times.com/brickfair-va

Micah Beideman
    Participant

Brick fair has been awesome so far. But I need to sleep…

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Lulz @Hacim. #justgotobed

Greg Schubert
    Participant

@tfdesigns, here is a photo I took at Brickfair exactly one year ago; knew you’d appreciate it 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Ha, I’m finding that extra amusing, cause the Hot Wheels mosaic is here again, and me n Rachel were checking it out a couple days ago, and when we did, I told her about Frost’s basement.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

BrickFair was fun as usual. Frost and his family showed up during public hours on Sunday, so I got to talk to them for awhile while I helped man the GBC table. I saw Rick and Micah there but I did not run into them as often as I would normally expect at these things. We didn’t go to Otani’s this year.

I am not claiming any cup credits for this one. I did not take my Lackeys or a working GBC, so my only contributions were the BWC18 GBC event kit and the BFVA18 GBC event kit.

The MOCs on display at this one were pretty typical of what you see at these events, so if you’ve been to BrickFair before, you didn’t really miss anything unusual by not being at this one. Hanlon & Hanlon were there, so there will be the usual GBC video at some point and I think there should be a full tour as well.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Also, unlike with BWC, there’s a lot of photos of this event on Flickr, for anybody who wants to see what they missed. Dae posted more than 2500 pics and Al posted more than 1600 (I don’t know why these are showing up in the post the way they are, they’re all links to albums, not photos):

LEGO Sculptures
    Mosaic, VA BrickFair 2018
    Castle, VA BrickFair 2018
    HARDLUG, VA BrickFair 2018

IMG_5996
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/alfredspitz/albums/72157699538370594
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/alfredspitz/albums/72157699538224344
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/alfredspitz/albums/72157699921296465

Micah Beideman
    Participant

“if you’ve been to BrickFair before, you didn’t really miss anything unusual by not being at this one.”

Ben… Cmon. There was a whole Galidor display! And the actor from the Galidor TV show was there and doing signings!
    If you don’t call that missing out, I don’t know what is…

Micah Beideman
    Participant

I mainly displayed 4 mocs this year. Nothing super impressive by my standards, but they still got some good attention (one of them was a Galidor moc for the display mentioned in my above comment). Beyond that I had the ship I had at BW, a modified version of my sci-fi city, and a new moc featuring Turtle Unicorns walking through a magical forest 😉

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Ben, thanks for the pictures, its a good variety. That guy who made the Tick really should have restricted himself to the head and shoulders.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar