Build Box at The Humble Barber

Home Forums LUG discussions Build Box at The Humble Barber

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I hear ya. Maybe in the next couple days, we can start getting an inventory list together. Could use Bricklink wanted list feature, unless someone knows a better way…

Tom Frost
    Participant

Building instructions for Beast’s F117. Awaiting more designs…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tom Frost
    Participant

Building instructions for @philmatt24 ‘s skiff. I assume that this is what you were planning? Let me know if I didn’t get something right because I was just working from photos. Colors can be changed also; I know you’ve made many variations.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

OK, folks, my summer got loco and I dropped the ball on getting our ducks across the finish line. Checkmate!

I’m attempting to get my hair cut tonight, so I’ll need to answer to Brad as to my failures…

Let’s regroup. Way back in March, I had said this:

1) Builders – looks like @bacon1986, @howhardcoulditb, @arcadiumsol, @zaximillian, @tfdesigns, myself, and possibly @skippermike (you said Brad’s your barber, not that you wanted to build ) So that’d mean at least 5-6 MOCs. Not bad!

2) Bricks – once we get LDD files / instructions, should be easy enough to pull what we can from LUG inventory, then either donate or place a Bricklink order for the rest. We could make it strictly the parts to build the exact models, or could throw in some random bricks too…

3) Instructions – does everyone have access to LDD? If not, we’ll have to figure out how to get your designs uploaded – loan the model to a volunteer who has the software? Tom, did you generate those sweet instructions from LDD?

4) Box – the red 2×2 would definitely work, or Brad said he could find a cigar box.

5) Timeline – Do people have their MOCs ready to go? If so, I’d say let’s shoot for April 15 to finish the instructions and start sourcing parts, and April 30 to have it ready to go.

6) Promotion – I’d say we include some of our business cards, obviously. A small writeup could be nice, too.

What am I missing?

Updates:
    1) INSTRUCTIONS GENERATED:
    Matt – Space Skiff
    Beast – F117
    Frost – Mighty Micro

MIGHT BUILD:
    Zax – Micro Vic Viper
    Mike – Motorized Rhymenoceros
    Bacon – I dunno, what do you build?
    Sean – something that uses the parts from our other builds 😉

3) Tom said

No. I use LDRAW and generate the building instructions using LPUB. I am still willing to create building instructions for others’ models for this project. I can work with an LDD file also because Stud.io can convert LDD to LDRAW.

4) Brad has a cigar box; I still think we use the red 2×2 first, and if he wants to change it up, he can.

5) Oh, snap! How about October 15 to finish the instructions and start sourcing parts, and October 31 to have it ready to go?

@tfdesigns
    – is there an easy way to generate a combined parts list from the instructions you have? I must confess, I’ve barely used any of the software…

Sean Collins
    Participant

Yeah im still on board with this. But most likely ill add my build once i can get the parts list. Cause we’ll have to make one anyway for stocking the box.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar