Greetings!

Home Forums Introductions Greetings!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Zack M
    Participant

Hello fellow AFOLs!

I recently have come to terms with the fact that I love Lego, much as I did as a child (I’m now 35). My wife is putting up the hobby so far.

I find it to be peaceful and somewhat therapeutic to snap the sets together. Using lego really seems to help with my anxiety/depression issues. Building the sets helps to keep my mind focused. Also, I’m a fan of the Lego company’s design aesthetic and good sense of humor.

Lately I’ve been a sucker for the Creator Expert, Ideas, Ninjago, and Marvel Super Hero themes.

I’m starting to build up a collection again. Soon I will be running out of room in the house. I’m wondering if I should sell some older used sets, donate to charity, or donate to a LUG that does charity work.

Happy Building to the Steel City LUG!

-Zack

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I’m wondering if I should sell some older used sets, donate to charity, or donate to a LUG that does charity work.

That’s entirely up to you, of course if you list what sets you have, people in Steel City LUG may be interested in purchasing them from you. Is it your intention to join the LUG?

David Bacon
    Participant

You are welcome to donate to me 🙂 I live in the north hills.

But in all seriousness, if I were you, I’d try to sell on eBay or Bricklink.com, or Craigslist. If you want them gone fast and don’t care about the amount of money you get, Craigslist would be your best bet. Bricklink is the best for getting a good profit, but you have to be patient, and it takes a while to get a store setup. eBay is great for unloading fast and getting a good amount of money, but they charge 10% of the final price.

Zack M
    Participant

Thanks for the advice and feedback! I’ll do some research regarding the selling of used sets. It would be fun to meet some LUG members in person. Maybe I’ll post some sets for sale on this site soon. I promise good prices!

I would like to attend a LUG meeting sometime. My work schedule may get in the way of this, however. I’m unable to attend the AFOL day on Feb 3rd :(.

Happy Building!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar