Happy Thanksgiving

Home Forums Off Topic Happy Thanksgiving

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tim

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving weekend, that all Black Friday sales go your way, and that the Steelers trounce the Ravens tomorrow night. 😀

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Steelers vs. Ravens? What happened to the Cowboys vs. the Redskins? Isn’t that the tradition Thanksgiving matchup?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Steelers vs. Ravens? What happened to the Cowboys vs. the Redskins? Isn’t that the tradition Thanksgiving matchup?

Used to always be the Cowboys and the Lions would have games – but not against each other (i.e. – 2 games on Thx). Then they added a “prime time” third game, featuring two high-ratings teams (kinda like a Penguins-Capitals NBC game). Only, they screwed up and picked two 5-6 teams who are only still in playoff contention due to the general mediocrity of their conference.

But yeah, happy Thanksgiving, yinz!

Josh
    Keymaster

lulz, football.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Yeah, the fam was watching the end of the Steelers game, and it reminded me of all the reasons I’m less invested in it than I used to be…

1) Steelers are incapable of adapting to evolving game, because “our way worked in the 70s so we’re going to do it that way forever”

2) Coach Tomlin cheated, had a butcher’s dog grin after nearly tripping a Ravens player and getting away with it, and still lost (what he deserved, I’d say)

3) player nearly had his head taken off by two defenders, but his momentum still took him into the end zone, then had the touchdown called back because of a player safety rule that the play is dead the instant his helmet is off (in this case, blowing the play dead did nothing to protect him, because the damage was already done), thereby denying the Steelers the points they needed… but they didn’t call a penalty on the defender for the head shot (which would have given the Steelers a first down at the 1 yard line, and a decent 4 chances to get the TD back which was denied them). And of course they blew it, but the point is the “safety” rules helped the offending team and screwed the team with a player who sustained a concussion.

So yeah, good thing I’m about done with that dangerous and ludicrous sport. Or, in other words,

lulz, football.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar