HARRY POTTER RETURNS

Home Forums All Things LEGO! HARRY POTTER RETURNS

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Hannah Dow
    Participant

omg omg omg omg omg

I never thought this day would come. Also not sure why it is returning but I won’t complain.

https://brickset.com/article/34362/lego-harry-potter-returns!

@rcgrier3406
    @timf @greg

Bob Grier
    Participant

They’re baa..ack!!! Looks like some new figs, accessories, turret pieces and other themed “stuff”, and the price seems decent with 10 mini-figs included. The Whomping Willow set could also be a nice addition depending on what’s included and where they price it.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I am noticing some new parts candles, the sand green cross and several printed pieces. The windows with the latticed panes are rectangular, not arched, I never tried to put a latticed pane into a rectangular 1x2x3 window, so I’m not sure if either the windows or panes are new. There a tan 1×3 double inverted slopes which I only have in white.

I am looking forward to seeing if the whomping willow set (I think the price is about $70) has parts for making realistic looking trees.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Tim and Bob, I am trying to consolidate some LEGO stuff. (This week I finally disassembled some supports from my 2009 Brickfair project.) Another project slated for demolition are the Hogwarts tables / benches and students, unless you still forsee a use for them. What do you think, should I keep them together or is the Hogwarts display at a stage where we won’t need them anymore?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> Also not sure why it is returning but I won’t complain.

Because the second Fantastic Beasts movie is coming out in November.

Micah Beideman
    Participant

^yeah, they brought it back cause of the Fantastic Beasts series of movies.

Also, they’re supposed to be coming out with a D2C Hogwarts set that the Great Hall will be able to connect to.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

D2C

direct to consumer? are you taking a marketing class?

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Micah Beideman wrote:
    D2C

direct to consumer? are you taking a marketing class?

from what I understand, a D2C set is one that’s exclusive to lego/lego.com for x amount of time before amazon/toys r us/walmart are able to sell it. but Micah, feel free to correct if I’m wayyyy off!

Very excited for those new parts and the sweet minifig line up!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Very excited for those new parts and the sweet minifig line up!

Bob and I were discussing this in transit to the Q1 meeting and we certainly miss having you here. Can you move your plant closer to Pittsburgh?

Micah Beideman
    Participant

Yeah, D2C sets are ones that are exclusive to Lego stores and shop at home, and they tend to be very large sets.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Bob and I were discussing this in transit to the Q1 meeting and we certainly miss having you here. Can you move your plant closer to Pittsburgh?

I miss being in the area! lol if there was any way to move it I’d be the first one to transfer :/

Actually, I think I’ll be in Pittsburgh March 10 weekend and possibly the next weekend (but less likely) but any LUG events happening on either Saturday?

Tim

Not that I am aware, but always let us know when you might be in town. We can always try to do an impromptu gathering. 🙂

Greg Schubert
    Participant

@timf

… slated for demolition are the Hogwarts tables / benches and students, unless you still forsee a use for them. What do you think, should I keep them together or is the Hogwarts display at a stage where we won’t need them anymore?

Bob Grier
    Participant

@greg, if you’re looking to unload some of the Hogwarts students, I can always use more when we display Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley. Let me know, and I’m sure we can work something out.

Tim

Yes, if possible, please keep the benches and tables together. Thanks!

Tim

Hands on with LEGO Harry Potter sets at the New York Fall Preview 2018 [News]

A full write-up of the new sets along with loads of pictures. I think the Hogwart’s Express is my favorite.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Thanks for posting, I see they have Filch now. @timf, how is construction of your Great Hall going?

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Thanks for posting this!! I’m a bit disappointed it’s a re-release of things that have been done before but I’m excited about the womping willow. the new look they’re giving to the train and quidditch sets is nice though. lol don’t get me wrong I’m sure I’ll still get em all :p

I see they have Filch now

oh Filch isn’t new new, he was originally and only released in the last version of the castle; i do like this new version of him a bit better though

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I’m excited about the womping willow

I saw that picture and I saw the technic parts and I immediately thought, “WOW you turn a crank and the tree spins and then the branches come down, so they must be on a rubber band that pulls them back up when it stops spinning and this is going to be so cool!” Then I zoomed in to see how they did it and my heart sank because it looks like the branches do NOT move. 🙁 But my spirits rebounded knowing that Hannah and I could definitely figure out how to make a womping willow that does that! 🙂

Bob Grier
    Participant

I also like the look of the Hogwarts Express. Based on the price, it looks like it may be smaller than the original, and most probably not motorized. Still, it would be sweet if the added wheels and connecting rods moved. I’d love to figure out how to add that feature to my existing Hogwarts Express!!

Tim

how is construction of your Great Hall going?

Non-existent at the moment. Too many other builds to complete first. But in a discussion with Bob at Q2, we want to bring the Great Hall back for Santa Trolley as Part III of our HP 2018 Display. I need to finish the roof, the flanking towers, and the larger roof towers. I’ve got many of the parts needed and am in the planning phase now. Once the summer events are over (Greenberg and Summer Trolley), I’ll turn my attention to finishing up the Great Hall. AT least that is the plan. 🙂

Hannah Dow
    Participant
    Tim

Thanks for the heads up @hannah133. As we discussed, I’m in for a share of a case as soon as they come out. Interesting that there are 22 figures in the series. Haven’t the CMF cases contained 60 minifigs in the past? I wonder if they will expand to 66 (3 full sets) or just do 2 full sets and 16 duplicates?

Hannah Dow
    Participant

I saw a notification that they released 3 new Harry Potter sets today (July 1) so I figured I’d check them out…backorder already ?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Hannah Dow
    Participant

Hey @timf here’s the first report of a box breakdown… ? looks like maybe 2 full sets each box except there’s only 1 of Percival from fantastic beasts.

LEGO Wizarding World Harry Potter Collectible Minifigures (71022) Reported Minifigure Breakdown

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar