Hi!?

Home Forums Introductions Hi!?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Sean Collins
    Participant

Not sure what to write, so I’ll just list stuff.

I’ve lived in Pittsburgh for over 3 years now.
    I’m originally from L.A.
    I live in Observatory Hill
    I have 2 kids (Boy,6) (Girl,2).
    I got back into LEGO because my son found a storage trunk full of my old toys when we moved here.
    My son’s favorite MOC is our Star Fighter
    My daughter just likes taking everything apart. lol
    I like to build things for my kids to play with.
    (which requires lots of modification per my sons requests and my daughters destructiveness)

Erin D.
    Participant

Hi, @arcadiumsol, welcome!

If you feel like getting out and about today, head over to SW Randall Toys downtown or to the PA Trolley Museum to meet some LUG members and see the displays.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Welcome, Sean.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Not sure what to write, so I’ll just list stuff.

That’ll do.

Welcome!

If you feel like getting out and about today, head over to SW Randall Toys downtown or to the PA Trolley Museum to meet some LUG members and see the displays.

Yeah, other than that, the SW Randall display is your best bet to get involved / meet people within the next few weeks…

Rich Millich
    Participant

Heck, we’re still “flying craft in” for this event. Welcome aboard. It doesn’t matter who you build things with or for, we wanna see what you do.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Welcome Sean. I have a 5 yr old son and a 2 yr old daughter, so I feel you 🙂

Sean Collins
    Participant

Thanks everyone for the welcomes,

Since its the holidays i’ll probably be a bit busy plus my daughters b-day is the 24th (she’ll be officially 2) but after i’ll try to be a bit more involved.

As for what I can do, as far as LEGO, i try to put it here (https://www.flickr.com/photos/arcadiumsol/).

Rich Millich
    Participant

Really digging the angled orientation of the cockpit on the Red Sparrow. It’s an R-Type feel, which I dig. Also dogging the black grilled cheese on the nose. It helps the transition from nose to canopy nicely and adds a splash of color blocking that catches the eye. This is good work.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Rich Millich.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Rich Millich.
    Sean Collins
    Participant

Really digging the angled orientation of the cockpit on the Red Sparrow. It’s an R-Type feel, which I dig. Also dogging the black grilled cheese on the nose. It helps the transition from nose to canopy nicely and adds a splash of color blocking that catches the eye. This is good work.

There are quite a few play features I had to account for when building the ship for my son. Funny thing is after i posted those my son asked for a few more things; like a way to help the pilot maneuver the cockpit, somewhere for the main core of the ship to be attached to a docking system, and an improved connection pin between the cockpit and the core. (he didnt really ask, as i more saw how he was playing with it and realized the additions would help his playing experience.)

Some of the less obvious play features are; the magnet as the bottom of the core lets you pick up cargo or anything with a magnet, the trans-red grates on the cockpit are supposed to be small maneuvering vents, the grilled cheese you pointed out are the something, and the smaller wings on the core are still able to disconnect and attach to the cockpit.

But anyway thanks for looking at my Flickr. XD

Nick Chen
    Participant

Where in LA are you from? I’m from Burbank.

Sean Collins
    Participant

Where in LA are you from? I’m from Burbank.

I was literally born in LA but the last place I lived was in the valley near Sherman Way and the 405. I’ve also lived in NorCal and some parts of Nevada, Oregon, and Washington. Pittsburgh is my first time East its a bit of an adjustment but ive met some nice people here.

And so far everyone in this group seems like nice people too. XD

Dan
    Participant

@arcadiumsol hello! I believe we met at the meeting, but I’m just now catching up on the forums. Hope you’re enjoying the ‘burgh!

Sean Collins
    Participant

**** hello! I believe we met at the meeting, but I’m just now catching up on the forums. Hope you’re enjoying the ‘burgh!

No sorry I joined the LUG the night of your meeting so I was not in attendance. I am finding myself still adjusting to things here but all in all i find most of Pittsburgh to be welcoming.

Josh
    Keymaster

@arcadiumsol hello! I believe we met at the meeting, but I’m just now catching up on the forums. Hope you’re enjoying the ‘burgh!

lol, friend fail. E for effort. 😛

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar