Hi my name is…

Home Forums Introductions Hi my name is…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Tom Frost
    Participant

Hello, I’m Tom Frost, just joined.

I have seen SCLug at Greenberg a few times and finally searched out the group online. I’m a Pittsburgh native, originally from Penn Hills, now living in North Hills. Been a fan of Lego all my life, mostly space and town as a kid, then model team and technic, then dark ages from probably ’94 or so until I started buying sets again maybe ten years ago. Finding the AFOL scene online, I started building MOCs a few years ago. Mostly space, trains, some cars and other stuff.

Check out my Flickr stream and you’ll get a feel for what I’m about.

I’ve built a lot this past year mostly because of my son. Last christmas, we decided to graduate him from Duplo to Juniors lego. Now he builds city, creator, star wars, ninjago, mixels, anything else that catches his fancy. So now building is something I get to do with my son, instead of trying to find time away from my kids.

Time is never easy to find, especially at this time of year, but I look forward to getting involved with the LUG.

Pete
    Participant

hi tom

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Pete.
    David Bacon
    Participant

Welcome, Tom. Those picks on Flickr are awesome. Looks like you’ve covered most of the space themes with your GTR MOCs. Also, Pinktron is genius. Looks like you also have some good photographing skills, something I severely lack. Hope to see you around at events soon.

Aaron Gomez
    Participant

I just noticed your Flickr stream a few weeks ago. Pretty cool to hear you are in the area. Welcome to the club.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I love the costume,Tom. Capitalize on LEGO building with your son while it lasts! Maybe Frostbite can help with our winter displays someday.

Tim

Tom, you’ve got some great stuff in your Flickr stream. Are the LEF&C MOCs yours? One thing we are a bit thin on is custom rail stock MOCs. One of numerous things I plan on rectifying “eventually”. 🙂 Welcome to the group. Hope to meet you in person soon.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Welcome, Tom. Those picks on Flickr are awesome. Looks like you’ve covered most of the space themes with your GTR MOCs. Also, Pinktron is genius. Looks like you also have some good photographing skills, something I severely lack. Hope to see you around at events soon.

Thanks, David, I’m glad you liked the pics, as for the photography, I’m constantly trying to improve 🙂

I just noticed your Flickr stream a few weeks ago. Pretty cool to hear you are in the area. Welcome to the club.

Thanks, Aaron

I love the costume,Tom. Capitalize on LEGO building with your son while it lasts! Maybe Frostbite can help with our winter displays someday.

Thanks, Greg. My son Jonah is my main collaborator right now, and he has me building almost every day! He’s only 4 so I forsee a long building career for him 🙂 you can see some of his spaceships in my flickr stream.

Tom, you’ve got some great stuff in your Flickr stream. Are the LEF&C MOCs yours? One thing we are a bit thin on is custom rail stock MOCs. One of numerous things I plan on rectifying “eventually”. :-) Welcome to the group. Hope to meet you in person soon.

Thanks Tim, Yes the trains are mine and they stay assembled so that is something that definitely could be used for a display. I always want to build more trains also, but like you said, for me they also tend to get pushed to the back burner.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Welcome, Tom! I’ll have to more thoroughly peruse your Flickr stream later, but I did see you submitted a pic to our group (approved now!) and… hmm, yeah there are some others already approved… Josh must’ve missed that last one.

You should definitely check out our Santa Trolley event – one of our bigger displays each year, lots of fun, free hot chocolate, and I’m sure Jonah would enjoy it quite a bit (ride a trolley with Santa – just like the name implies!) You could even start your Steel City LUG career off with a bang and get some display credit if you bring those trains (and staffing credit for shifts worked).

Josh
    Keymaster

You mean there are more like us in Pittsburgh!?! great to have to join, Tom!

Tom Frost
    Participant

You mean there are more like us in Pittsburgh!?! great to have to join, Tom!

Thanks, Josh.

You should definitely check out our Santa Trolley event – one of our bigger displays each year, lots of fun, free hot chocolate, and I’m sure Jonah would enjoy it quite a bit (ride a trolley with Santa – just like the name implies!) You could even start your Steel City LUG career off with a bang and get some display credit if you bring those trains (and staffing credit for shifts worked).

I would be interested in doing this. Is it okay to bring my son along if I sign up for a shift? Should I just sign up for a shift on the doodle? Sorry, I’m new to all this 🙂

Micah Beideman
    Participant

Hi! Glad to have you join! 😀

Nick Chen
    Participant

Hey Tom! Great meeting you at Trolley Museum.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Hey Tom! Great meeting you at Trolley Museum.

Thanks, Nick it was nice meeting you too. I had a great time. Everyone made me (and Jonah too!) feel very welcome.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar