Im new to Steel City Lug

Home Forums Introductions Im new to Steel City Lug

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Josh Josh 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jaren Ford
    Jaren Ford
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I was at the waterfront movie theater this last week end and saw the Batman lego set up down there and learned of “Steel City Lug” I am not a huge batman or marvel fan but I will say that Batman lego placard was cool. I moved to Pittsburgh about 4 and half years ago and have got into legos as an adult fan about 3 years ago. I enjoy MOC’s of the architecture category. I enjoy the Lego Star Wars line. Glad to see Pittsburgh embrace the brick and make new things. My latest build was last year to commemorate the 15 anniversary of 9/11. I build all 7 world trade center buildings that were destroyed on 9/11/2001. This model contains 5,289 pieces. Look forward to seeing other projects from those around Pittsburgh.

• This topic was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Jaren Ford Jaren Ford.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Matt Redfield
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Welcome, Jaren! That’s a cool build with some deep meaning behind it. And you counted the exact number of pieces?!? We’ve need for a man of your talents – usually when we’re asked “how many pieces?” we have to mumble “…I dunno, maybe five or ten thousand…?”

File size is an issue on this site – you may have to compress them a bit and re-upload the ones that didn’t work. Or, do you have a Flickr or anything? We have a group on there and would love to add your WTC build to our feed!

Next big LUG event is Q1 (quarterly) meeting, 3/18 at Josh’s house. Details here.

Profile photo of Tom Frost
    Tom Frost
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Welcome to the LUG Jaren! That model is very impressive. You managed a lot of detail at that scale.

Profile photo of Greg Schubert
    Greg Schubert
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Amazing job on the World Trade Center! Do you live near the waterfront? What is your next big project idea?

Profile photo of Josh
    Josh
    Keymaster
    No points.

Jaren, are you going to brickfest live next week?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.