Jan5,6,7 – Help Pennlug in Monroeville

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Jan5,6,7 – Help Pennlug in Monroeville

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Does anyone want to go help PennLUG setup in Monroeville on the Friday evening before our January 6th LUG meeting?

Exhibitor Resources

In an email to PennLUG subscribers, Cale wrote, “The three of us can do a lot, but a 4th or 5th person for the weekend would be a huge help. More people mean we can unload the trailer much quicker, we can set up tables faster, we’ll have more people to man the layout when the show is open, and we can tear down quicker. I know this show is out of town, and that means traveling out very early Friday to get out there in time for set up, and getting back very late Sunday. And it means staying over Friday and Saturday nights. It’s a huge favor to ask of anyone on such short notice. I know the chances of anyone being able to help are slim, but I’m asking anyway. If you can help please let me know ASAP so we can work out logistics.”

I am surprised he did not reach out to Josh, knowing this is in our backyard; regardless, it would be a chance for us to learn some of their logistical techniques and offer much needed goodwill to a neighboring LUG. Anyone else interested?

Josh
    Keymaster

Split this out from the threadjacking thread. Hijacked a threadjack.

Talked to Cale, he’s up for anyone who is willing to help. I think we’ll give 1 cup credit to anyone who staffs at least 4 hours. They’ll be there from 9am Friday, and then displaying Saturday and Sunday. They may be staying at my house, which means they’ll be around for Q4 aftermath Saturday.

Cale said it sounded like 3 or 4 people were coming out from Pennlug. I think Phil and I are going to help set up Friday. Greg, Cale said you reached out too.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I might be available to help staff Sunday, but I won’t be around Friday.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Greg, Cale said you reached out too.

I was planning to go to Monroeville around 3:00 on Friday to help with setup.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

#subbed

Don’t think I can contribute, but this is a great chance to partner with some good folks at PennLUG and get to know them better. Hopefully this goes well!

Will McDine
    Participant

I will not be able to go due to work, but I expect to see pictures!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

There will be photos, Cale’s on Flickr and he posts a lot of pics.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I expect to see pictures!

Below are the first two pictures. It is going to be an expansive display. Each of those 4×4 squares represents sixteen baseplates!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Julia
    Participant

Fun fact – I actually have some availability for this! I’m working overnights, but would be available in the afternoons to help if you still need people 🙂

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I am not sure if Cale will need more help setting up, but he seemed to express the need for people to man the display over the weekend. Here is his email: Cale Leiphart <steampoweredbricks@gmail.com>

P.S. Hey Julia, did you see that LEGO is going to release a new “ship in a bottle” set? On this one, the bottle is also made out of LEGO. 🙂

Julia
    Participant

Just fired him an email! That ship in a bottle looks pretty awesome (although still not as awesome as mine :-P). I’ll have to keep an eye out for a release date so I can snag one.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

That ship in a bottle looks pretty awesome

Nah, it’s not artistic or innovative or a challenge at all if you build the bottle around the ship… what’s even the point?!?!?

But I’m super glad you are going to participate in a LUG event – even if it’s technically not our LUG… 😉

Julia
    Participant

They don’t need any more help ?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I was anticipating that tomorrow mornings’ -30 windchill would allow me to go help PennLUG. As I was hoping, classes for tomorrow have already been canceled. What I did not anticipate was that the school district still expects teachers to be in their classrooms. 😛

Josh
    Keymaster

hahahaha, that’s hilarious.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

So I got the e-mail notification for this:

And this:

hahahaha, that’s hilarious.

And thought Josh must be being sarcastic, because he’d surely not be that straight up mean about Julia getting turned down by PennLUG….

…because I hadn’t gotten a notification with this post:

I was anticipating that tomorrow mornings’ -30 windchill would allow me to go help PennLUG. As I was hoping, classes for tomorrow have already been canceled. What I did not anticipate was that the school district still expects teachers to be in their classrooms. ?

Anyway, Greg & Julia, I’m sorry for both of your losses. (And doesn’t PennLUG know to bring backup in case of emergency?!?)

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Yeah, hilarious. Note the word “will” in red letters. Its mind control I tell you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Josh
    Keymaster

woah. I missed this reply. That’s kind of crappy…Julia, whenever you want to hang out, you’re always welcome. I say you crash, but not in the medical sense.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

@juliamorley, we’ll all be hanging at Josh’s house on Saturday afternoon… you should come down!

@greg
    – holy crap, do you always start at 7:30 or is that their idea of a snow delay?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

do you always start at 7:30

I get to school at 6:45 when I want to get a good parking space

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I get to school at 6:45 when I want to get a good parking space

OK, sure. But I’m sure your job is super rewarding, and that makes up for the bold red underlined command to not even be late on a sub-zero day……………right? 🙂

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

So did anybody ever make it over for this one? As predicted, Cale posted a lot of pics:

Stupid copy/paste, hold on…

Okay, here’s the real link:

IMG_7151a

Pete
    Participant

I didn’t make it, but did see someone on one of the FB lego groups post a photo and said it was us and not Penn LUG.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Wow that’s A LOT of pictures and that’s a LOT of LEGO! No wonder they have a trailer, how else would you move that roundhouse? I like the photo showing -2 °F on his dashboard.

Tim

I really like the subtle change in elevation in the river/forest area: https://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/25762154558/in/album-72157691350749844/

That would be a good use for a whole order of Duplo from LUGBulk. 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar