Joby Bane introduction

Home Forums Introductions Joby Bane introduction

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

Well, @d-bane here’s your introduction. Navigate a bit around in the forum to figure out how to post threads on your own…

Bellow is the email we got:

Subject: Super Star Destroyer model

Message Body:
    Hello iust joined your forum and I want to inquire about how to obtain the bricks, manuals and design facts on how to build a custom 6 foot Super Star Destroyer Lego model. I am new to this community but want to build an outrageously detailed model. I didn’t know how to start a forum thread or should I just ask by email. so here I am. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks and I am looking forward to being a part of this community.

Joby

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Well Joby in order for us to be able to help you, it would help to know a few things. Where do you live, approx. how old are you and what other large projects have you undertaken?

Without knowing any of these answers, my suggestion to you is to should begin your journey by downloading and working with the free LEGO Digital Designer software.

Tim

Hi Joby. There have been several star destroyers featured recently on The Brothers-Brick – here: http://www.brothers-brick.com/2016/08/24/massive-lego-star-wars-imperial-star-destroyer-is-2-2m-long-weighs-50kg-and-uses-42000-bricks/ and here: http://www.brothers-brick.com/2016/05/11/giant-lego-star-wars-imperial-star-destroyer-tyrant-features-incredible-interior/ which might provide some inspiration. Welcome to the group.

Rich Millich
    Participant

A custom SSD! I love projects like this. @d-bane, how are you designing it?

Joby
    Participant

Hello, I live outside of Pittsburgh, pa. I’m 43 years old. I am just an ever age builder. I have built many store bought Lego sets and enjoy building very much. I have seen the Lego store bought super star destroyer but I feel it should be bigger with much more detail. A true UCS 5 to 6 foot model. I have read where there are instructions for such sets for sale but didn’t know how to obtain. I also was in the dark about how and where to purchase all of the bricks needed for such a build. I am really excited about getting started and would appreciate any help. Thank you for writing me!

Joby

Greg Schubert
    Participant

A custom made space ship model that is 5 to 6 foot would be a insurmountable challenge unless you have built smaller custom ships in the past. An account of someone else who took on a project like this is here:

http://kotaku.com/custom-lego-star-destroyer-is-so-huge-it-has-a-three-le-1773324734

If you cannot find instructions on the internet, you can ask someone who has built one if they will sell you instructions or design you own using the LEGO Digital Designer software. To get the parts you would need to go on bricklink.com or start buying new sets that have the parts that you would need.

Quickly skimming the article I saw that it weighs 70 pounds making me think that it would cost at least two thousand dollars to get the parts you would need. Of course, if the color does not matter, you could probably build a FRIENDS-themed Star Destroyer for less. I think @paulamalu would love this project.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar