LEGO deals

Home Forums LUG discussions BUY / SELL / TRADE! LEGO deals

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 612 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

This thread lists LEGO deals. As such, they might be short-lived. Here is my first: Goblin King at least 40% off with no tax and free shipping! Its brand new, but the front of the box looks ruined. See the link below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181187893995?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

• This topic was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Josh
    Keymaster

SOLD

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Different than the Craigslist thread, then… geared more toward online sales n’at, eh?

Had I seen this last night, would have jumped on that. LOTR are fantastic sets for nature / castle / dungeon type builds, and the figs could be re-sold if ya don’t want ’em.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Different than the Craigslist thread, then… geared more toward online sales n’at, eh?

I thought there was another thread but could not figure out what it was. Although if anyone sees a good craigslist ad in the North Hills, let me know.

Had I seen this last night, would have jumped on that.

Matt, I am trying to walk the fine line between being helpful and being a bad influence. 🙂

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Matt, I am trying to walk the fine line between being helpful and being a bad influence.

Yeah, Josh sent me 2 Craigslist listings the other day that were in Green Tree (where I work), and I was all “well at that price, and convenient, how can I turn it down?” …but the seller hasn’t replied to my query, so yeah.

I’m doing ok lately with reining in my impulses and not spending my potential future children’s inheritances on LEGO…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

LEGO monster fighter sets “The Werewolf” are half price at Tarzhay near me. Probably 5 left – anyone interested?

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Werewolf-9463

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Greg, if you mean they’re $10, and are offering to buy them, I’d take as many as you can get at that price. Could PayPal / PopMoney you some funds. Willing to negotiate your convenience charge, too. Pretty good set for tree / nature parts.

If I’m mis-reading between the lines and this was meant simply to inform us of a deal we can chase for ourselves, apologies.

Also, if I have a chance the next day or two, I’ll swing by Target in East Liberty, see if anything’s on clearance there.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Interestingly, it’s not on sale on Target.com, and also says “not sold in stores”. Huh.

http://www.target.com/p/lego-monster-fighters-the-werewolf-9463/-/A-14050083#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=lego+9463

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Greg, if you mean they’re $10, and are offering to buy them, I’d take as many as you can get at that price.

Okay I’ll get as many as I can. The museum heist sets were half price two weeks ago but I did not think they were worth that. Btw, Target marks things down on Wednesdays so Thursday is a good day to check.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Okay I’ll get as many as I can. The museum heist sets were half price two weeks ago but I did not think they were worth that. Btw, Target marks things down on Wednesdays so Thursday is a good day to check.

Cool, thanks! Yeah, I was thinking of hitting up Trader Joe’s tonight, anyway, and that’s right by Target. Will see if I find anything noteworthy.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Oof. The Werewolf set is only on clearance at $17 at the ‘Sliberty Target. Not nearly as enticing. However, I may have picked up… a few… other sets that were better deals…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I got one of SpongeBob and one Avengers set, each was 1/2 price. I have four Werewolf sets for you. Did you find any LOTR?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Sweet.

Only one on clearance was Mirkwood Spiders, only had one, it was still $25, but I got it, because I really like the dark red leaves. And one can never have too many giant spiders. And the POV is like $65.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Goblin King at least 40% off with no tax and free shipping!

Same set for $65 total, new in box, seller has 4 copies.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-79010-The-Hobbit-The-Goblin-King-Battle-/321176009321?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item4ac794fa69

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Mr. Church Builder, surely you’re familiar with the Scripture, “And lead us not into temptation”…?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

FYI, many sets went on clearance at my local Walmart just last night. Here is what I remember:

Gandalf Arrives- 9
    Mirkwood Spiders – 21
    Unexpected Gathering – 55
    Mines of Moria – 54
    Weathertop – 40
    Goblin King – ?

P.S. the server for my email account is down at the moment.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Attack of the Wargs – 35
    Urukhai Army – no clearance price label, failed to scan it

Other sets were on sale, beach house, superman, … too much for this brain to remember.

ChristianK
    Participant

If anyone sees a super cheap Goblin Kjng set available, I’d appreciate it if you could forward it my way. Either pick it up and id supply cash at time of exchange, or let me know where it is quickly so I can scoot to acquire it myself. That’s the only piece in Hobbit or LotR (except poly bags), that I haven’t grabbed yet, and I’d like to before it’s too late. I consider 40% to 50% off to be pretty cheap, in Case anyone’s wondering. :B
    Thanks!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

If anyone sees a super cheap Goblin Kjng set available

brand new in a unopened box?

I consider 40% to 50% off to be pretty cheap

The MSRP is $99.99 at S@H, so 40% off is $60.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 8 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Greg, you saying you didn’t see my e-mail from last night? It basically said “what’s my credit limit?” because you’re tempting me to BUY ALL THE THINGS. I’d probably buy at least one of each of those LOTR sets, if I were at that store… because I have no self control. 😛

Josh
    Keymaster

If anyone sees a super cheap Goblin Kjng set available, I’d appreciate it if you could forward it my way.
    Thanks!

The goblin king set is one of the LUG’s sets that will be up for grabs in the raffle…just sayin’ 🙂

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Apparently, Target Canada is where the real deals are:

Target Canada stores 50% off LEGO Clearance

Greg Schubert
    Participant

If anyone sees a super cheap Goblin Kjng set available

Missing one of the five bags of parts, which appears to contain 3 of the minifigs, this “Buy it Now” is less than $40. (Note: big hole on the front of the box.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-The-Hobbit-The-Goblin-King-Battle-79010-Open-Box-Sealed-Bags-1-Missing-/221259121903?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item33841244ef

Greg Schubert
    Participant
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Greg, you must live in a land where nobody (except you) likes LEGO, even a little. I stopped at two Walmarts, Target, TRU, and Kmart today (Mon Valley / West Mifflin area), and found next to nothing of interest (as far as clearance). Kmart had Mirkwood Spiders on “clearance” from $29.99 to $28… laughable. Target in WM clearly had someone come through and clean out the few sets they had had on sale – all I got today was a few 75006 Star Wars planets for $5 each. Then again, if I’d found good deals, my virtual wallet would be a whole lot lighter…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 612 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar