LEGO deals

Home Forums LUG discussions BUY / SELL / TRADE! LEGO deals

Viewing 25 posts - 401 through 425 (of 612 total)
  • Author
    Tim

The old style crater plate would make this worth $20.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Deleted, tho… :/

Will McDine
    Participant

Decent prices for baseplates. Lego has these two sets on sale right now:
    https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Batman-Minifigure-Collector-Frame-853638
    https://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Marvel-Super-Heroes-Minifigure-Display-Frame-853611

Right now it is advertised at $14 per unit, but when you add them to your cart the price drops to $8.49 per unit. The Batman movie set comes with a DBG 32×32 baseplate and the Marvel one is an LBG 32×32 baseplate

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Is the baseplate of the minifigure collector frame glued to the cardboard back? How about the black pieces for supporting the minifigs, are they glued? Bricklink does not have a parts list for this item and I could not find reviews on shop.lego.com.

Dan
    Participant

@greg Lego probably still licenses production of non-toy products to third parties. I bet this isn’t officially made by them even if the pieces are.

Tom Frost
    Participant

The first review: “While at first glance this set seems overpriced for a cardboard frame… it really isn’t. There is a base plate inside, which is Dark Stone Gray. You can not purchase a DSG baseplate individually. The only place you will find this base plate is inside the Ghostbusters Firehouse or 2 sets from 2010. While the base plate is glued to the cardboard frame, it could easily be removed.
    There are also 60 other pieces to make up the stands for the figures to attach to. Now add in packaging, license fees, to Warner Brothers, and you have the the justification for the price.

So it seems glued baseplate, unglued parts.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

In looking for HP minifigs, I found the Center Target and Walmart had various sets on sale. Some clearanced at 39-49% off. Elves, Lego Batman, some small City sets, random Brickheads, and some random SW sets at Target. The Walmart was also random but seemed like SW, Batman, and City. Not as many discounts there but still. Also, the Walmart had 50 or so of those baby raptor poly bags from the new Jurassic Park.

David Bacon
    Participant

Wal-Mart is selling the Brand New LEGO Ninjago City Docks 70657 Set for $69 off at $160.99. Buy online, ship to store or home for free. It has 3,553 pieces, so that’s roughly 4.5 cents per piece and it just went live on Lego S@H today!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Ninjago-City-Docks-70657/330633288

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Wal-Mart is selling the Brand New LEGO Ninjago City Docks 70657 Set for $69 off at $160.99. Buy online, ship to store or home for free. It has 3,553 pieces, so that’s roughly 4.5 cents per piece and it just went live on Lego S@H today!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Ninjago-City-Docks-70657/330633288

Nice find! Thanks!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

LEGO Ninjago City Docks 70657 Set for $69 off at $160.99.

out of stock

David Bacon
    Participant

$750 ain’t an amount to sneeze at, but that is am immense amount of Lego. Is it worth it to get for the LUG? Anybody interested in diving headfirst into sorting this 7 tub collection?

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/tag/d/huge-lot-over-235-pounds/6660657685.html

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

$750 ain’t an amount to sneeze at, but that is am immense amount of Lego. Is it worth it to get for the LUG? Anybody interested in diving headfirst into sorting this 7 tub collection?

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/tag/d/huge-lot-over-235-pounds/6660657685.html

Not a bad deal at ~$3/lb. Most items sell higher than that on mixed lots. Does not mention contents but looks like a good mix of items.

Pete
    Participant

How much play brick does the lug need. We already have alot. I say we pass on it.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

sorting this 7 tub collection

Based on two 20 pound purchases I made this summer, I would ballpark the time to sort a pound of random parts at one hour per pound. It seemed like a deal getting each of these lots for about $15, but the time investing sorting seemed to cancel that out.

Will McDine
    Participant

So it seems glued baseplate, unglued parts.

Ended up cracking mine open today. Yes the baseplates are glued onto the cardboard, but they are very easy to take off. Only the glue and some thin cardboard remains on the back so nothing a little warm soapy water cant fix. Still not a bad deal for $8.49

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Ended up cracking mine open today. Yes the baseplates are glued onto the cardboard, but they are very easy to take off. Only the glue and some thin cardboard remains on the back so nothing a little warm soapy water cant fix. Still not a bad deal for $8.49

DBG and LBG baseplates can be had for $6-7 on BL, but not in quantity. In-teresting. Also, these two frame sets aren’t selling like hotcakes, but there have been a few sales in the $20+ range… very interesting. Tempting to pick up 5x of each just to have those colors…. slightly tempting for the capitalist in me to pick up 5x of each and undercut the list prices on BL and try to make a quick few bucks (then reinvest in more of these sets…? Hmm…)

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I am very interested to know how you can buy a baseplate for $8.49 and sell it for less than $6-7 and make a few bucks.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I am very interested to know how you can buy a baseplate for $8.49 and sell it for less than $6-7 and make a few bucks.

Also, these two frame sets aren’t selling like hotcakes, but there have been a few sales in the $20+ range…

Reading comprehension, Greg! (What do they teach in these schools…?!?)

😉 <3 u Greg!

I meant sell the set as-is, not pull the baseplates out. It's a gamble. Not a lock like the Rocket Raccoon polybag - that one did sell like hotcakes. But theoretically, one could buy the minifig frame sets for $8.49, sell them for $12-15 (undercutting the current Bricklink market), and make $3-7 per set…

(It’s probably not worth the hassle. Just a thought experiment on the ever-ethereal LEGO aftermarket…)

Josh
    Keymaster

spend $50 on target online for lego and get a $10 gift card. 5% off if you use your red card. free shipping when your order is over $35.

Erin D.
    Participant

The above deal is on at Target again through Wednesday ($10 gift card when spending $50).

Greg Schubert
    Participant

For those interested in Halloween scenes, B&N has a $9.99 Haunted scene set online that S@H sold out of a year ago. I think you need to spend $25 to get free shipping.

Also I could not resist this weekend’s spend $99 online at S@H and get TWO small sets free with a VIP card. 🙂

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

For those interested in Halloween scenes, B&N has a $9.99 Haunted scene set online that S@H sold out of a year ago. I think you need to spend $25 to get free shipping.

Also I could not resist this weekend’s spend $99 online at S@H and get TWO small sets free with a VIP card. ?

And Double VIP Points…Kaching!

I did have to go get the 4 Professors at B&N…75GWP nearly killed me. Then they wrote in the receipt that if you return any Lego, the special set must be returned or else no return allowed! Can they even do that!?

Erin D.
    Participant

Also I could not resist this weekend’s spend $99 online at S@H and get TWO small sets free with a VIP card.

Did you see both of the free sets on your order? I was expecting two, but only saw the holiday set listed.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Also I could not resist this weekend’s spend $99 online at S@H and get TWO small sets free with a VIP card.

Did you see both of the free sets on your order? I was expecting two, but only saw the holiday set listed.

I did. And on my invoice also.

Erin D.
    Participant

I did. And on my invoice also.

Shnickelfritz. I’ll shoot them an email 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 401 through 425 (of 612 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar