LEGO Ideas

Home Forums LUG discussions LEGO Ideas

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    AdmiralCashbar
    Participant

Hey everyone!

It’s been a while since I was in the forum but I am excited to meet all of you next weekend. I can finally make it to a meet!!! I really need some help from all of you for a project of mine…

I have been working on a super awesome LEGO Ideas project to submit and I need some more pieces (just for a few photos). I need a handful of small parts representing major LEGO themes:

Pirates
    Castle
    Harry Potter
    Disney
    Frozen (really need some snowflakes…)
    Friends/Elves
    Divers
    City
    Super Heroes
    etc…

For an example, with pirates I could use a few hats, swords, a compass, a parrot or two, perhaps a monkey, fish, seashells, crabs, a treasure map and of course some treasure/gold coins, a small pirate flag… only the small single pieces that represent popular LEGO themes.

Everything has to be smaller than a minifig without legs. Can you all help me out? I would love to bring my project to the LUG meet on Saturday. I am SO excited to get it off the ground and I would greatly appreciate anyone willing to loan me some bricks for a few photos at the meet.

Let me know what you all think and I’ll look forward to meeting everyone!

Evan

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Josh.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

There are a lot of rules for LEGO Ideas: https://ideas.lego.com/guidelines#content You might want to investigate further before you get too far invested.

Including, “Focus on a single concept or license.
    Your project must focus on a single concept, similar to our own sets that feature a main model and a few smaller supporting models. For example:

Don’t attempt to pack an entire playtheme of models into a single project.
    We don’t accept “mass customization” projects such as custom mosaic or minifigure makers.
    Only reference one third-party property per project. For example, we wouldn’t accept a project containing both Porsche and Ferrari vehicles.”

You can certainly still work on the project, but submitting it to LEGO Ideas is another matter entirely.

Rich Millich
    Participant

Large projects are often cool no matter what. I’m curious to know what this becomes.

AdmiralCashbar
    Participant

Hey guys,

Got called into work yesterday, just got home a minute ago. Bummer I couldn’t stop by.

My project completely follows all the guidelines of LEGO Ideas. It’s a single concept and I want to demonstrate how you can customize it with your own bricks. Compare it to JK Brickwork’s Maze/labyrinth set or his pop up book project. Those sets proposed to LEGO Ideas had photos showing the potential of what you can do with the base model when you add your own parts and ideas.

Rich: It is quite small, only 110 bricks!

I’ll keep working on it and let you all know when it’s posted!

AdmiralCashbar
    Participant

Hi everybody!

I finally submitted my project, hope you’ll support it and share with your friends and family! I also hope one day I’ll make it to a meet and meet all of you instead of lurking this forum.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/2ca8a313-7bbc-43aa-9ad3-348110d60113

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I finally submitted my project

Cool idea! At first I thought you were taking advantage of the light reflecting off LEGO briks, (I have seen this effect before,) but you are actually using mirrors, correct?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    AdmiralCashbar
    Participant

Yep, the Detective Office set comes with a debit card type mirror piece. it’s a little less than 4×7 studs and fits perfectly in the prism.

Josh
    Keymaster

saw this today. saw you were at 1,600 supporters. that’s pretty good!

AdmiralCashbar
    Participant

Thanks Josh! Hopefully it keeps chugging along. I wish I could edit the submission though. Lots of people have said they skipped my project because they didn’t sit through the video to see what all it does. Should have made it real short and to the point.

I do have some plans for updates and maybe take it to some LEGO conventions next year?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar