LEGO Modular Houses 10th Anniversary – Share your builds and collection

Home Forums All Things LEGO! LEGO Modular Houses 10th Anniversary – Share your builds and collection

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

From the LAN:

Dear AFOL Community.

We would like to celebrate the 10th Anniversay of the LEGO Creator Expert Modular Houses with you and the rest of the community.
    One of the things we would love to see, is all the amazing Modular Houses you’ve designed and built out there.
    We’d also like to see your collections of already released Modular Houses.

Please share with us and the rest of the community using the following hashtags so everyone can easily search and find everything.

#LEGOModularHouses #LEGOCreatorExpert

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

Slight threadjack: there are some nice modular style creations on this page – https://www.flickr.com/groups/bricktowntalk/pool/ – although it has not been updated since January 2015. Some of these have appeared on The Brothers Brick as well.

Will McDine
    Participant

I have a modular Pizza shop in the works right now. Also working on parting out the Cafe corner, Market Street, and Green Grocer).

Erin D.
    Participant

Sorta, kinda on a tangent – has anyone had any experience with ordering custom modular directions on eBay? I’ve seen some interesting things on there.

@acilsakura
    – This is the one I mentioned to you yesterday –
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Custom-Modular-Ladies-Apartment-INSTRUCTIONS-ONLY-/142255734530

@philmatt24
    – Where do they want this stuff shared? Motivation to finish my parisian cafe!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Erin D..
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

ordering custom modular directions on eBay

In this case, the seller is planning to sell you a .pdf, so you don’t even have to use the LEGO Digital Designer software. As long as you have something that reads a .pdf file, you should be fine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Custom-Modular-Ladies-Apartment-INSTRUCTIONS-ONLY-/142255734530

That builder has some interesting designs. Buying the instructions is one thing, but having the parts to build it is entirely another. Its easy to make something in the LEGO software from parts that are expensive, uncommon or don’t even exist in specific colors.

If you are interested in buying the instructions for building the ladies apartment, ask the seller to send you a list of parts that you would need before you buy the instructions. If he does not know how to do that, ask for the .xml file of the parts list or screenshots of the parts list on the last page of the .html file. That will give you an idea of what parts you would need. Of course, if you want to build an elaborate interior, its going to take a lot more parts.

Of course you could always try to build a similar one on your own based on the photos and parts that you have. You can ask other builders if you cannot determine how the designer did something.

Erin D.
    Participant

Thanks for the thoughtful comments, @greg!

Good point about the parts list, I didn’t think of that and had no idea it would be possible to use non-existing parts in the designer software.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Where do they want this stuff shared? Motivation to finish my parisian cafe!

I believe the answer would be “on any social media which allows the use of hashtags…”

Its easy to make something in the LEGO software from parts that are expensive, uncommon or don’t even exist in specific colors.

Too true. Technology is the enemy!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar