LEGO MUSEUM

Home Forums All Things LEGO! LEGO MUSEUM

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

This place still exists:

http://www.theplasticbrickmuseum.com/

but it may be closed until the weather is warmer.
    For now, its just a point of possible discussion.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

This place still exists

o_O

Nick Chen
    Participant

Lisa and I have been there. Bring a flashlight.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

What discussion were you thinking of having? For those of us who were there at BFVA16 when Greg was setting up his massive North Pole display and saw him get impatient and frustrated with the setup of said display which led to his best cranky old man imitation where he went on an angry tirade about how the LUG needs a permanent place to put our displays so we never have to move them EVER AGAIN EVER, this looks suspiciously like an attempt to find a permanent home for the North Pole display. Although I could be wrong.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Many years ago, I asked the museum curator if he was willing to house the Alpine Village, and he was willing to if he could acquire it at no cost. As you can probably guess, that did not happen. I assure you that I am currently NOT thinking of setting up my MOC’s somewhere inconvenient. However, I do think that the Toy and Plastic Brick Museum is worth a visit by those who have never been there.

Here is another possibility I just discovered: http://www.columbusmuseum.org/think-outside-the-brick-the-creative-art-of-lego/ I visited the Science museum in Columbus (COSI) once, but not the Art museum.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

COSI is cool, but it’s no Carnegie Science Center…

Maybe 2017 is the year we organize a big field trip to the T&PBM!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Even with Google I can’t figure out what T&PBM is. Toast & Peanut Butter Mayonnaise? Tom & Pete Build MegaBloks? Terrifying & Painful Bowel Movement? I really have no idea.

EDIT: Oh it’s the Toy & Plastic Brick Museum. I somehow missed that name before. I thought he just called it the Unofficial Lego Museum. I was way off.

Erin D.
    Participant

Here is another possibility I just discovered: http://www.columbusmuseum.org/think-outside-the-brick-the-creative-art-of-lego/ I visited the Science museum in Columbus (COSI) once, but not the Art museum.

Ooooh, field trip with bonus Lego Store opportunity!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

EDIT: Oh it’s the Toy & Plastic Brick Museum. I somehow missed that name before. I thought he just called it the Unofficial Lego Museum. I was way off.

Ohgood, you figured it out. I was worried about you for a minute there.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar