LEGO Night at Little City Coffee (Monongahela)

Home Forums LUG discussions LEGO Night at Little City Coffee (Monongahela)

Viewing 19 posts - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Bumping this thread. Anyone besides Ben interested and available for May 13? It would be good if we either commit or decide we can’t do a May date within the next week, so they can schedule and promote accordingly. We can always look at June if we don’t have the numbers to pull it off in May… I think 3 LUG members would be enough (though more would be welcome); 2 might be a little light but it could work if LCC have some staff to help as well.

Pete
    Participant

I will help with this.

Shaun
    Participant

Yes, I can do it
    At any time, any day
    Staffing events? Fun!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Shaun is the best at
    Responding the best of ways
    Pete had a good start

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

OK, so Shaun and Pete
    are confirmed for May 13?
    What say ye, Ben Good?

We must needs decide
    As soon as is possible,
    So they can promote!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

@bengood921
    is not the easiest tag
    to use in a haiku… :/

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

How did this haiku thing start?

But yes, I’m considering it definite for May 13 at this point.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

How did this haiku thing start?

Search the forums, Ben… you know it to be true!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

The game is afoot
    Saturday May the Thirteenth
    Five to Nine PM

https://www.facebook.com/events/1892158247663984/

Benjamin, Peter,
    and Shaun shalt lead the way to
    Build Challenge fun!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Okay, now that I’m back from BrickFair, I can start thinking about this one. So we got our times on Saturday. Did we decide what games we’re playing with them for this one?

Josh
    Keymaster

yinz got playbrick n@?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> yinz got playbrick n@?

I have no idea. I’ve never done something like this before. I was hoping that once I have the experience of doing it once, it won’t be an issue, but for the first time, I need somebody to tell me what I’m doing and what I need.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

So, @bengood921 / @geniac / @pete, the good news is this is super easy. Phase 1: Collect underpants… wait I mean playbrick. Phase 2: ??? Phase 3: Profit!

But seriously. I was figuring we’d pick up some playbrick from Josh’s house (sounds like the LUG is probably buying 50 lbs worth, if two more people would just abide by the new #setinstone policy and approve the purchase.) Josh – would pickup on Saturday afternoon work?

Then, for build challenges, the Tallest Tower and Strongest Bridge always work, and somewhere on the forum there are other ideas. Read Josh’s writeup on our staple build challenges (TT & SB.) Pretty simple, and they include “resources needed.”

I’d think 2 or 3 build challenges would be good, with some free build time mixed in. Since we already did TT & SB, it’d be nice to change it up a bit, though I’m sure nobody would mind doing those again. Good opportunity to test out some alternatives, like the half bridge (cantilever), or something.

Now for some potential bad news: I may not be able to attend. Long story, but my family may need my help this weekend. I’ll hopefully know more tonight or tomorrow.

Shaun
    Participant

Okay, I checked out the well-written Challenge Guide. Lots of good info there for the bridge and tower activities.

Depends on who else will be there, but I was there last time when you were leading the activities. So if you’re not there, I’ll have some idea of what to do.

I live near Monongahela, so it would be some back-and-forth for me to pick up the playbrick from Josh’s on Saturday afternoon. It would make more sense for somebody else who lives closer to pick it up and take it back, but I can if needed.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

If Pete can pick up the pieces from Josh’s house, that would be great. If not, I think I can arrange to pick them up Saturday afternoon. We still need to hear from Josh about whether or not that works @joshhall. Since they’ll probably need them back in time for whenever ICF starts next week, it would probably work best for me to return them Saturday after the event as well.

I’ll look over the game rules before Saturday. Tallest tower and strongest bridge seem pretty self-explanatory, but I wanna see some of the details. I don’t know if it’s on the list, but the other game I’m pretty familiar with now that’s fun is Dirty Buildster / Combo Build type stuff. Most commonly everybody’s given the same set or sets to build with, which isn’t an option here, but I was just in one last weekend (BFNE) where everybody got a plastic cup of random crap parts and everybody’s was different. So I could take plastic cups along on Saturday and I could fill them up on the spot for the contestants. The fun part of those games is the story-telling at the end when everybody presents their builds.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’m looking at the map, Josh’s house is pretty much on the way for me. But I haven’t heard from anybody since my last post, so I don’t know if I need to pick up the pieces or not. Somebody let me know, I’m gonna try and leave my house around 3:30.

Pete
    Participant

I talked to Josh earlier today his house is right on my way so i will pick the stuff up.

Shaun
    Participant

If you can pick up the playbrick on your way, that makes sense, and avoids me having to go all that way and back.

I like the “build something with this random cup of bits then tell everybody about it” idea. It’s creative, engaging, and good for any age group.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response, I’ll see you guys at 5pm then. I’ll make sure I bring plastic cups with me.

Viewing 19 posts - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar