Let's Hang Out With Doug (Dec. 30)

Home Forums LUG discussions Let's Hang Out With Doug (Dec. 30)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    test
    Participant

Hey there!

The one and only, much-beloved DOUG will be back in town for a brief visit, and I’m hosting a get-together at my place for anyone who wants to hang out, snack and build on Tuesday, Dec. 30.

Please visit the Anyvite link below and RSVP by SUNDAY, DEC 28. Guests are welcome, just include those in the RSVP. Please bring your favorite beverage to share. I’ll have munchies. You may also want to bring things with which to build, ’cause I got nothin’.

http://anyvite.com/events/home/95cuim42ho

**Important Note: On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being Bouncy Castleland Funtown kid-friendly, my house is -100. Grownups-only may be best.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by test.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

RSVPed, suckaz.

I can bring a card table and folding chairs. And probably some brick. Do we want to do a build challenge, or anything specific, or just show up and goof around?

test
    Participant

Umm, you can hammer out the agenda. I’m just providing the sustenance and venue 🙂

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Oh, yea – that was an open question to whomever else signs up. It’s @dc221803’s party, he can cry if he wants to.

Doug
    Participant

I’ll be there, obv. I’m bringin’ my buddy Andrew with me (he’s hosting me while I’m staying in Pittsburgh). It will be great to see some SCLUG peeps! A special request: anyone have a copy of Creationary?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’m there like shareware.

Josh
    Keymaster

Sadly, it’s a work day for Kallie, which means I’m on daddy duty. I mapped this shiz out.. RESPECT for driving that hour to get to my house, Susie! That ain’t easy driving!

Mr. Doug, you know I’m a fan. Enjoy your time here and we’ll connect when we can!

test
    Participant

RESPECT for driving that hour to get to my house, Susie!

I wish I could be a martyr and take credit for it, but Ben did the driving and I just looked for signs. And while it’s a haul from his place, I don’t think it’s nearly as grueling as it would be from mine. (The South Hills feel like the hinterland to me.)

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

The South Hills feel like the hinterland to me.

For the record, while it’s not nearly as bad as the North Hills / McKnightmare Rd, there are few things in life that will lure me anywhere near Monroeville. Fortunately, LEGO and Doug are two of them.

Laura
    Participant

A special request: anyone have a copy of Creationary?

I have it, although I’m not sure if it is complete. My Mom got it at a garage sale and I’ve never really used it. If I can come I’ll bring it, if not I can try to send it with someone else.

Duncan
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Susie wrote:</div>
    The South Hills feel like the hinterland to me.

For the record, while it’s not nearly as bad as the North Hills / McKnightmare Rd, there are few things in life that will lure me anywhere near Monroeville. Fortunately, LEGO and Doug are two of them.

I live in Monroeville, 6 blocks from the mall, it’s not THAT bad….

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I don’t hate Monroeville any more than any other patch of suburbia, Duncan… it’s more about the hassles of getting to these locations. (I’m afraid of tunnel monsters…)

test
    Participant

Just a reminder that you need to RSVP ASAP if you’re coming to LHOWD on Tuesday.

http://anyvite.com/events/home/95cuim42ho

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

The Doug party was awesome. If you missed this one, shame on your for six weeks. (Unless you had a legitimate reason for not being there.) The attendees were Doug, his friend Andrew, Ambassador Matt, Susie, and me. Ambassador Matt was able to track down a new copy of Creationary (craigslist, duh) and we played multiple rounds. I didn’t get my camera out, so you’ll have to just imagine the fun and whimsy. Also there was bacon. Doug said he expects to be back in Pittsburgh in June.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

If you missed this one, shame on your for six weeks.

I second that emotion.

Ambassador Matt was able to track down a new copy of Creationary

Because I care. The people love me, Ben, and that’s what wins elections.

Also there was bacon.

<3

Doug said he expects to be back in Pittsburgh in June.

Party. My house. Be there.

Dan
    Participant

I got my days mixed up 🙁

Tim

I’m sorry that I missed this. I ended up having to go out of town for work this week (including New Year’s Day – yuck). Doug, I hope you had a great time back in the Burgh and looking forward to seeing you this summer. On a related topic, is anyone up for a LUG road trip to Colorado? 😀

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

On a related topic, is anyone up for a LUG road trip to Colorado?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar