Ligonier Valley Rail Road Association – May 2

Home Forums LUG discussions Ligonier Valley Rail Road Association – May 2

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Lolololol #mylife. Yup, I can do that shift :p

Keep in mind, guys, that Latrobe is a solid 45-60 minute drive from PGH…

You’re swell, Hannah, for volunteering. I’d be there at 7:30* too, but my widdle bwudda is graduating so I need to go pay my respects. In Ohio. Meh. Well, at least I’ll be passing near the Cbus LEGO Store…

* – setup can start at 7:30, but may not be necessary to be that early, depending on how much gets done Friday night. Could even show up around 8:30-8:45 if there’s nothing left to set up… yinz guys can figure out how to communicate that on game day.

Matthew
    Participant

Well depending on how much i spend at PBF im not sure if i can truly commit to the LVRR show, i really wanna go so i can be involved and rack up more PAB cups for the unique parts the LUG has… I would not be able to set up until early Saturday morning due to the time traveled to johnstown then to ligoneer would be too much and i would arrive late.

Tim

I would not be able to set up until early Saturday morning due to the time traveled to johnstown then to ligoneer would be too much and i would arrive late.

It’s fine if you can not show up until Saturday morning. You could also show up around 12:00 noon and staff the afternoon shift.

Matthew
    Participant

I would need to set up my creations… and if im coming, its a all weekend event for me…

Aaron Gomez
    Participant

Did you get any of the space builders to come? If not, I have a few classic space sets and baseplates from my dad that I could probably throw together into a little display. I might do my own design instead of the sets, depending on how much time I have.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I haven’t heard from any of the space guys yet. I do have some monorail track (it pales in comparison to @randomdan’s collection) that I could send, but I can’t attend myself. If none of the guys (@zemata, @whitesidewjw, @erunaamo, @zaximillian) speaks up, I’ll try to at least send that stuff so there’s some train-related space to go with your stuff, Aaron.

Whiteside
    Participant

I will be running in the Pittsburgh 5K and half Marathon that weekend. Otherwise, I would love to go. If you need some classic Space MOCs, maybe I could meet up with someone on the days before. I have a few classic space themes things as well as some Neo Blacktron-II things.

BTW- I will be going to Philly Brickfest. I will try to squeeze a few MOCs along with Dan’s display. I am also displaying a “futuron” version of the camouflaged outpost in the Blocks magazine table.

Aaron Gomez
    Participant

I’ll try to at least send that stuff so there’s some train-related space to go with your stuff, Aaron.

That would be great. I think my display will be 64×64 if that helps you.

Christian
    Participant

I can work all day on Saturday. Does anyone who is going up all day want to carpool?

Christian

Nick Chen
    Participant

I will be going. I need to know when we will be going to set up? Have we locked what the layout will be? What modulars do we want to use? I dont want to bring duplicates if someone else is planning on bringing theirs.

I have:
    Green Grocer
    Grand Emporium
    Fire Brigade
    Town Hall
    Pet Shop
    Palace Cinema
    Parisian Restaurant

Shall I bring the Carousel again?

Pete
    Participant

If we are bringing modulars. I will bring my Detectives Office.

Tim

Yes, definitely bring the carousel – it was a huge hit at PBF. Bring whatever modular as well. We’ll have my buildings from PBF and also Joe’s in addition to Ben’s super awesome observation platform and park.

Also, I have an email into our contact with the LVRR club to confirm that set up begins at 5:00 pm on Friday at Huber Hall (300 South Alexandria Street, Latrobe, PA 15650). As soon as I hear back, I will confirm to everyone. Presently, I am planning on being there on Friday around 5:00 pm.

Nick Chen
    Participant

Ok will do. I will get them out of storage and build them this week. Got lots of time to do it too.

test
    Participant

I’ll be there at 5pm on Fri and noon to 5pm on Sat. Susie expects to come with both times.

Susie expects to come with ME both times. Come with? Are we five? But despite your bad grammar, I’ll be there.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

despite your bad grammar, I’ll be there.

…and that’s when we knew it was twoo wuv…

Laura
    Participant

I will try to be there around 6PM if not before. I have LUG stuff to drop off as well as my own. I will be returning Saturday morning, probably around 10ish with my vehicles.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Ok so I’ve got a few questions/comments.
    First, can those of you who are setting up on Friday let us know how much you accomplish in set up so we know when to come in on Saturday morning?
    Second, I will be there as early as you need me on Saturday, just let me know 🙂 I told my Dad about this event and he’s a huge train guy (has his own display in our basement) so he’s coming out for the weekend to attend and we’re going to stay in the area so that’s a plus, I won’t have to drive from Moon.
    Third, since my Dad is attending, does anyone know if you have to buy a ticket beforehand? Or is it like a pay at the door thing?

Tim

(1) Yes, I will do my best to remember to post an update tomorrow night once we are done.
    (2) I think the show starts on Saturday morning at 8:30 am. I will verify tomorrow night and include that update also.
    (3) Your dad can buy a ticket at the door. The show includes not only the set ups at Huber Hall but also several in-home layouts that are open as part of the Show (most are within 10 minutes drive of Huber Hall).

Address is 300 South Alexandria Street, Latrobe, PA – Huber Hall.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Yes, definitely bring the carousel – it was a huge hit at PBF.

Speaking as somebody who was sitting near it and listening to the public (cause who doesn’t like to hear an endless stream of stuff about how awesome you are?), I can attest that the carousel was quite popular. You know, when it wasn’t being repaired 😛

Ben’s super awesome observation platform and park.

Thanks, I just refer to it as ‘the observation platform’ myself. The lesson from last weekend was that my stuff in its current state does not lend itself to quick setup, so I’m just going to bring what I have and set up as much as I can in the time allowed and not worry about what I don’t set up. If I only set up the platform half and ditch the fountain half I can live with that. What time are they booting us out of the hall Friday night? Although it’s not like we plan to stay there super duper late anyway.

Third, since my Dad is attending, does anyone know if you have to buy a ticket beforehand? Or is it like a pay at the door thing?

Is he actually interested in going around to see all the train stuff? Cause if he’s just there to hang out with you while you’re staffing, he can probably just come in for free.

What modulars do we want to use? I dont want to bring duplicates if someone else is planning on bringing theirs.

We can totally get away with doubles at this thing. Also, if we do have doubles, I’m a big fan of consolidating the upper floors into one building so that we can make really tall buildings, no how matter ridiculous some people think they may look. Susie’s bringing her PC and FB and I have Joe’s FB 2nd floor also.

Pete
    Participant

I will be there between 5 and 6 tonight and however early we can be there tomorrow morning.

Aaron Gomez
    Participant

I will arrive around 8:30 tomorrow morning to set up my space sets and anything else that still needs to be set up.

Tim

Everyone, great turnout and display for LVRR. That was a really fun day and the LVRR people really appreciated having us again. There were probably about 300-400 people who came through during the course of the event. Looking forward to doing it again next year.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

As predicted, this was an easier one and they liked us again. Our display came together nicely. Pics are posted here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8994372@N04/sets/72157652343964536/

Christian left before I got a shot of the pink house, so I’ll have make sure I get it at a future display. Let me know if I missed anybody in the credits.

Tim

I did not notice during the event that this monster truck was up on top of one of the construction barrels. Nice!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8994372@N04/17393823662/in/set-72157652343964536

Josh
    Keymaster

yo, add these pics to the group flickr stream, please.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar