LUG Power

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

I smile at the thread title.

Talked this weekend a bit about what power sources the LUG should buy. We tried the rechargeable powerfunctions box and the 6 AAA battery options for the trains. I think they both lasted about 4 hours and both took a few hours to recharge. It was a pain to take out the box for the AAA though. It would be nice to simply build out a staging rail section and be able to plug in the charger to the train without taking it apart. Some one please correct my statements if they are false.

The proposal is to buy 4 rechargeable battery boxes, so we can have at least 2 trains going and 2 charging. That would be $200. Does anyone disagree or approve of this purchase? I’m looking for at least 4-5 people to confirm the direction. We’ll also buy 4 charging cords online, that should be about $5 each or less – not the $30 LEGO brand ones.

Separately, for static motion, like the amusement rides and such, does it make sense for the LUG to buy a transformer or 2 with the power functions adapter? Does everyone just want to use their own?

The lug has a power strip or two, that we can just clamp to the back of a table to charge the trains and such.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Trains are lame, and it seems silly to spend money on a dying industry (trust me, I’m in it.)

Monorail is the future!

Dan
    Participant

Is it possible to acquire any of these parts from the sets in LUG inventory?

Josh
    Keymaster

Is it possible to acquire any of these parts from the sets in LUG inventory?

the rechargeable battery packs don’t come in sets and neither do the chargers. There are no sets with the transformers anymore.

Josh
    Keymaster

Rereading this thread…I hope we didn’t really buy 4…Because I can’t find any right now. Anyone out there know if they swapped out battery packs at a greenberg or trolley show? I am fairly confident we wrote “LUG” on all the packs we had, which I thought was only 2.

@laura
    @pete @tfdesigns

Tom Frost
    Participant

I know we wrote “LUG” on them. I can’t remember how many there were. I just went down and attempted to double check to make sure I hadn’t mixed up any of my personal ones with the LUG ones. I can only find 3 of my four, and they all say “frost”. At the trolley museum, we most often use 9v. The last time I can remember running rechargeable batteries is in my spacetrain which hasn’t been run since summer 2018.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar