LUGbulk order distribution date

Home Forums LUG discussions LUGbulk order distribution date

Viewing 23 posts - 101 through 123 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    David Bacon
    Participant

We should get/make a stencil and spray steel city lug on the backs of our chairs. Perhaps the track too.

Do you guys want some yellow spray paint donated to this cause?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Here’s what the stencil looks like.

Hypocycloids!

Do you guys want some yellow spray paint donated to this cause?

Don’t think we’d turn it down…

David Bacon
    Participant

Don’t think we’d turn it down…

I’ll be traversing through the city to Swissvale for a meeting Tuesday night. Could I drop off the yellow spray paint with @philmatt24 or someone else in the city around 7:30 or 10 pm?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I’ll be traversing through the city to Swissvale for a meeting Tuesday night. Could I drop off the yellow spray paint with @philmatt24 or someone else in the city around 7:30 or 10 pm?

@bacon1986
    I have multiple things on my calendar after work tomorrow, so I may not be home, but you could just drop it off on my porch or something if you’re willing. I *might* be home by 10 but not sure.

Incidentally, I met another Bacon last night…

David Bacon
    Participant

@philmatt24, sure, just PM your address, and I’ll drop it off tomorrow after my meeting.

David Bacon
    Participant

Spray paint is primed and ready.

Yellow Spray Paint

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by David Bacon.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by David Bacon.
    Dan
    Participant

Spray paint is primed and ready.

I thought the primer went on before the paint?!

🙂

David Bacon
    Participant

I thought the primer went on before the paint?!

It normally does, but this awesome paint is paint and primer in one! Therefore it truly is primed and ready.

Zach Bauer
    Participant

I like to paint things 😉

David Bacon
    Participant

I like to paint things ?

Hmmm, maybe I should label the spray paint can, “Not to be applied to ANY Lego elements” or “Does not adhere to ABS.”

Dan
    Participant

The fact that you posted this at 4:04

AM
    is awe inspiring. Were people there until the wee hours of the morn? If so, bless you.

@timf
    remember that many of our members are night owls (software engineers, PMs, security guards, etc)! I recall a second wind kicking in about 2am, but I may have just been imaginating hallucinating.

Duncan
    Participant

The fact that you posted this at 4:04

AM
    is awe inspiring. Were people there until the wee hours of the morn? If so, bless you.

@timf remember that many of our members are night owls (software engineers, PMs, security guards, etc)! I recall a second wind kicking in about 2am, but I may have just been imaginating hallucinating.

And some of us had to be up for work 4 hours later…

The term “committed” swings both ways when applied to a hobby. 😉

Greg Schubert
    Participant

We could build MILS train track on baseplates for greenberg and santa trolley. Any other building is possible too.

If I am going to have a train in my section at the train show, I am going to need at least 8 and as many as 16 MILS double train track 10 inch baseplates with white plates / bricks around them. Eight baseplates of double track is going to require 32 straight track pieces. I will be piecing the rest of it together at home tomorrow. If someone is able to construct MILS train plates tomorrow at Josh’s, please let me know.

I think we still have a bunch of 15 inch baseplates in an IKEA bag in Josh’s basement with lots of white one them, but without tracks and some of them are for turns. We might need those to 48×48 turn baseplates to remain intact for this display, so I would recommend not cannibalizing them unless necessary.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I will be piecing the rest of it together at home tomorrow. If someone is able to construct MILS train plates tomorrow at Josh’s, please let me know.

What I’m hearing is: Greg doesn’t want to hang out with us tomorrow, so he’s demanding that we do things for him while he plays with his own toys at home all alone.

Josh
    Keymaster

completely untimely, I know, but we have a can or two of yellow spray paint. I’m sure we’ll find a use for them all eventually. We only have 1/2 of black though.

I’m going to leave my house around 1:30 – 3:30 tomorrow. My house will remain open for those already here or on their way, but I wanted to set that expectation.

I’ll try to do some organization for what needs to be done for tomorrow. I think we still focus on these in priority –

1. Finalize the track, hoping someone could take lead on getting some fabric to cover the sides perhaps. We painted it entirely black, but I think some white dotted lines would add some fun. we need to come up with a way to make those white lines crisp! we have a can of white paint and I bought one of those paint markers to try too.
    2. stencil and spray steel city lug on the backs of our chairs. Perhaps the track too. @laura, are you able to come tomorrow
    3. We build a new pvc frame for hanging the banner that needs sprayed one more time.
    4. We could build MILS train track on baseplates for greenberg and santa trolley. Any other building is possible too.
    5. space talk, greenberg/winter display talk
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Josh.
    David Bacon
    Participant

Noted, need black, don’t need yellow.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

…welp, you’re getting yellow. Because David dropped it off at my house, and I don’t want it lying around. So there.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Greg doesn’t want to hang out with us tomorrow

Actually I would like you all to come here and help me finish my section. Tonight I’ve been MILS’ing and rebuilding the ball machine and it is eating the time for the parts that I really wanted to tackle.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Laura
    Participant

tencil and spray steel city lug on the backs of our chairs. Perhaps the track too. Laura, are you able to come tomorrow

I originally was going to be in Ohio, but that got pushed off to next weekend, so I will be there.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

It happened… @JoshHall, after three long years, it finally happened!

Actually I would like you all to come here and help me finish my section. Tonight I’ve been MILS’ing and rebuilding the ball machine and it is eating the time for the parts that I really wanted to tackle.

Pete
    Participant

should we show show up around lunch or after or earlier.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I personally won’t be down until… eventually… Pete, but Josh might not mind if people come early… he did say that bit about he’d be leaving from 1:30-3:30 but yeah.

Josh
    Keymaster

You’re allowed to come whenever, Pete. Everyone else has to wait until after they’ve eaten lunch.

Viewing 23 posts - 101 through 123 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar