maintaining LUG status

Home Forums LUG discussions maintaining LUG status

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Could someone please list what the three LUG events were this year that were supposed to qualify for support? Was it Santa Trolley, Cranberry Library and the Autumn version of Greenberg’s Great Toy and Train Show? http://greenbergshows.com/schedule/

In light of this, do we have a projection for what the three events will be in the coming year?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

This was mentioned in the meeting Saturday, but so that it’s documented and preserved for all eternity online:

1) Bethel Park Fall Library Display (Oct 6-22 approximate dates)

2) Cranberry Library First Night (Nov 22)

3) PA Trolley Museum Santa Trolley (Nov-Dec – we just documented one weekend in the application for simplicity)

For 2018, assuming the Ambassador submits documentation early enough in the year, I’d suggest:

1) International Childrens Festival (May)

2) Santa Trolley (Nov-Dec)

3) Greenberg’s Toy & Train Show (November)

This is, of course, based on the assumption that we’ll continue doing these three events which have basically become staples of our rotation the past several years.

As mentioned on Saturday, whichever events we choose, we need to at least come close to actually meeting the “10 LUG Members participated” rule, to make sure we’re not blatantly flouting the rules.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Thanks for documenting. Is there any info (besides the dates) for the Bethel Park Fall library display?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Thanks for documenting. Is there any info (besides the dates) for the Bethel Park Fall library display?

I’m tempted to respond to that the way Josh suggested yesterday:

we should go back to lmgtfy links to each other, some day.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Snicker-Snack&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

But seriously, I searched the forums, and I don’t see a thread for 2017 Bethel Park Fall Library Display… just these previous threads:

http://www.steelcitylug.com/forum/topic/bethel-park-library-builds/

http://www.steelcitylug.com/forum/topic/bethel-park-library-builds/

@JoshHall
    – do you have any news (preferably in a new thread) about the plan for BP Fall Library Display 2017? Can you confirm what I’m remembering as to previous displays there?

– 2D mosaic of BP hawk mascot logo (orange and black)

– Spooky book builds (The Night Gardener / that other haunted mansion)

– was there another?

Related: I’m guessing @timf will start hyping the First Night stuff and @laura will start hyping the Santa Trolley stuff rill soon, eh?

Laura
    Participant

Laura will start hyping the Santa Trolley stuff rill soon, eh?

True dat.

On a related note, we’ve also been invited to build a pumpkin display as well. It was a big hit last year and I’ve been told it would be wonderful to have it for all 3 weekends this year. I’m posting threads for the potential Pumpkin display as well as the Santa display today.

Josh
    Keymaster

But seriously, I searched the forums, and I don’t see a thread for 2017 Bethel Park Fall Library Display…

JoshHall– do you have any news (preferably in a new thread) about the plan for BP Fall Library Display 2017? Can you confirm what I’m remembering as to previous displays there?…

those were it. This is a great example that serves to substantiate I smoke so much crack that I don’t even remember I smoke crack. What was I on to 1) commit to building something for the library this fall 2)thinking that 10 people would be able to contribute to it?

I don’t know why you all let me be in charge of anything. It’s just bad leadership on your part.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

This is a great example that serves to substantiate I smoke so much crack that I don’t even remember I smoke crack.

Come on, Josh! Everyone knows Crack is Wack. You need to switch to weed!

What was I on to 1) commit to building something for the library this fall 2)thinking that 10 people would be able to contribute to it?

Hmm… can we fix this, I wonder…? Either by doing the event for reals, or talking to Paul and switching it to November Greenberg?

I don’t know why you all let me be in charge of anything. It’s just bad leadership on your part.

Ditto. The populace must also be on crack, to vote for such poor leaders as yourself, myself, and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. You were reaching, Josh, to find good events to use, because somebody *cough* Ambassador *cough* failed to submit in time for ICF, thereby blowing our chance to use that one as an easy slam dunk for Event Support… #Impeach!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

For 2018, assuming the Ambassador submits documentation early enough in the year, I’d suggest:
    1) International Childrens Festival (May)
    2) Santa Trolley (Nov-Dec)
    3) Greenberg’s Toy & Train Show (November)
    This is, of course, based on the assumption that we’ll continue doing these three events which have basically become staples of our rotation the past several years.

These events have stood the test of time for us and I support using them for 2018 LUG support. Also, these events are long-standing, independent events.

I am willing to build something for a Bethel Park library display. As I recall, the display case is relatively small so it should not be too difficult to get 10 people to contribute.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I am willing to build something for a Bethel Park library display. As I recall, the display case is relatively small so it should not be too difficult to get 10 people to contribute.

Cool. Just need 9 more! Who’s in???

Also, PSA: Drugs are bad, mmmkay? I don’t want any of the young’uns getting the idea that Josh and I are promoting crack for reals… 😉

Josh
    Keymaster

http://www.steelcitylug.com/forum/topic/bethel-park-library-fall-2017/

Tim

Lego is constantly evolving their relationship metrics for LUGs. Recently, the Ambassadors were asked to add all PUBLIC community events onto the LAN Calendar. This message was included in the discussion (from Kim Thomsen of Lego): “we base the RLUG Activity Support on your Events in the Event Calendar, your reported activities and general participation level on LAN.”

So public events are being stressed as one of the three evaluation metrics for LUG Support. I have added the following public events for 2019: KDKA TV event, Wal-Mart minifig swap (yesterday), ICF (now called the EQT Children’s Theater Festival), LVRR show (May 18), and the Cranberry Library Summer reading program display. Please let me know if I have missed any public events, either scheduled or concluded. I can add past public events for 2019 back into the LAN Calendar.

@joshhall
    , I also need to know how many people attended yesterday’s Q2 meeting so I can do an event report. Thank you!

Will McDine
    Participant

Please let me know if I have missed any public events

Does this include Display installs? SWR installs, The Lego Store Display, Waterfront Hanukkah Event, Philly Brickfest, Brickfair, Brick World. All of these Do involve a large amount of public conversation and involvement, couldn’t hurt to throw them in the mix.

Tim

@willmcdine, it includes all public displays whether staffed or not. It does not include displays at AFOL Conventions (even if there are public hours) since those are separately supported by Lego in other ways. Do we have a SWR display (either past or future) in 2019? I will go ahead and see if I can report the Lego Store Display (@arcadiumsol how many participants do we have for that?). I guess the Waterfront display counts (January 1, 2019)?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by Tim.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar