More Potter

Home Forums MOCs More Potter

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Bob Grier
    Participant

I started this thread for those of us that are into Harry Potter MOC’s. Here’s my latest build – Ollivanders for Diagon Alley. Similar to Gringotts, I detailed both the outside and the inside, and made the roof removable so you can see inside when we display.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bob Grier
    Participant

Inside view

Attachments:
    Tim

Nice! And good idea on a Potter-centric thread.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I’ve been curiousabout what you’ve been working on especially after the flurry of buildings you made for the train show. The outside and the inside both look great. Was Ollivander’s partly displayed before?

I’ve found it hard to show both the outside and the inside of a building at a show unless I leave a side of the building completely open or part of the roof off.

Bob Grier
    Participant

Was Ollivander’s partly displayed before?

I’ve found it hard to show both the outside and the inside of a building at a show unless I leave a side of the building completely open or part of the roof off.

I had a building labeled “Ollivanders” at Greenberg’s, but it was just one of my Hogsmeade buildings (with nothing inside) “re-branded” to give us more buildings for Diagon Alley.

The roof of the new one is in 2 halves with both removable, so I can pull one or both off to make it more “display friendly”!

Dan
    Participant

Beautiful!

Duncan
    Participant

Dragon I designed for Gringot’s Bank

Bob Grier
    Participant

Looks Awesome Duncan!! Are you planning to build it?? If not, can you send me the LDD file so I can take a shot at it??

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I tried doing that dragon once … it looked like a rabid seagull. Duncan’s is much better!

Duncan
    Participant

Looks Awesome Duncan!! Are you planning to build it?? If not, can you send me the LDD file so I can take a shot at it??

Thanks guys. 🙂

You can find the file here:
    http://blue-devil.net/LEGO/WhiteDragon.lxf

Bob, I have an extra set of the wings in white if you need them.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Duncan.
    Bob Grier
    Participant

Got it!! Thanks @digivolution, I’ll let you know about the wings!!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

The first MOC that I took to a convention, (Brickfest VA ’06,) was loosely based on a historical clock tower in Jim Thorpe, PA for a competition called “Building the Trust.” I cannibalized part of it to make the clock tower that I currently have. I recently exhumed the remaining chunks and I am wondering what to do with them. Any thoughts on a Harry Potter application? Here are photos of the original:

Attachments:
    Bob Grier
    Participant

Kings Cross Station has a clock tower, but you’d have to swap out the blue for something closer to the photo, or to your Kings Cross building color scheme.

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

The blue clock tower evolved into the clock tower that was at Greenberg’s in the fall. I am wondering about the rest of the building.

Now that I see that photo you posted, I remember that I also have the London Tower Bridge set that was modified into two towers with tunnels that allow trains to run through the bottom.

Attachments:
    Hannah Dow
    Participant

#subbed, this all looks amazing!!

Bob Grier
    Participant

Duncan’s white Dragon has taken shape and is now on its perch atop of Gringotts!!

@digivolution
    , just FYI, I needed to make a couple of modifications to your design in the LDD file:
    – it was too “top heavy”, so I needed to move the legs forward on the body to balance things out.
    – because I have it standing on 1 leg on the gold dome, I also needed to move the ball and socket joints for the legs “in” towards the body (again for balance).
    – once I did that, the body “grew a little”, so I also added a segment to the neck to get things back into balance.

Thanks again Duncan. I think it looks great!!

Attachments:
    Bob Grier
    Participant

Another pic.

Attachments:
    Duncan
    Participant

Duncan’s white Dragon has taken shape and is now on its perch atop of Gringotts!!

@digivolution, just FYI, I needed to make a couple of modifications to your design in the LDD file:

Thanks again Duncan. I think it looks great!!

Awesome!!! He looks perfectly at home on there. 🙂

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Next year?

Bob Grier
    Participant

Next year?

Not by me, at least not without help!! I already thought my Quidditch Pitch was big, but this one is nuts!! 400 minifigs, with Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw figs custom made!!!! Someone has an unlimited budget to work with!!

Attachments:
    Will McDine
    Participant

I have no interest in Harry Potter (well, except the Hogwarts Express), but Subbed for architecture ideas for Fire houses and or city buildings

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Did anyone catch a hear rumors? A large scale Diagon Alley!??

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar