Moving Sale Spring 2017

Home Forums LUG discussions BUY / SELL / TRADE! Moving Sale Spring 2017

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    MICHAEL BIKSEY
    Participant

Thanks for the interest Hannah!

Initially, I was going to clean up everything, ensure completeness for sets, find their manuals, etc., and take time to sell properly based off Brick Link’s guide at the average used price. Since my schedule is proving prohibitive, I’m still using that as a reference point but everything is essentially best offer. Over the next days/weekend I can pull all modulars and harry potter pieces I have to send you more detail.

This is somewhat of an aside, but has anyone had an open house for selling a collection? I’m beginning to think something akin to that would be the best route to go…

Tim

This is somewhat of an aside, but has anyone had an open house for selling a collection? I’m beginning to think something akin to that would be the best route to go…

That might not be a bad route to go. You could advertise in the paper or online, or do it by invitation only (if you invited just the LUG members, you would probably get a pretty fair turnout and sell a fair amount of your items). I would suggest having a price guide ready so that any bargaining is productive. I would certainly be interested in attending such an event.

I am also interested in the Harry Potter stuff, especially the minifigs, but will defer to @hannah133 since she asked first. 🙂

MICHAEL BIKSEY
    Participant

Thanks Tim for the advice; I’ll be working the logistics out for that this week, hopefully, and post details afterward.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

@timf, do you remember the year that someone had a LEGO yardsale in Virginia during the weekend of Brickfair? I did not find out about it until it was over, but I heard it was swamped!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

@laura, it looks like there is a USS constitution for you tall ships extravaganza

Neil Tannyan
    Participant

I’m interested in any modulars once you confirm pricing.

Tim

do you remember the year that someone had a LEGO yardsale in Virginia during the weekend of Brickfair?

I vaguely remember hearing about that but t was a year I did not attend. Anytime you get a group of AFOLs together and offer Lego (especially older, out of production sets) for sale, you’re going to attract a crowd. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar