New set availability at TRU

Home Forums All Things LEGO! New set availability at TRU

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Shaun
    Participant

I’m posting this question for/from my wife… she posted on the BL forum yesterday, but we haven’t got a reply there yet…

Hello!

The new Minecraft set the mountain cave is to be released today. It is now showing available on in the Lego store. My question is… Is there a delay between when it’s released in the Lego store and when it might be available at Toys R Us? Or is possible that they just won’t carry that set?

I have something of a Minecraft Lego set addiction, and I must get this one. It is is pretty darn expensive, though. Recent horrific vet bills have left me with a lot of TRU rewards points, and not a lot of spare cash, so I was hoping to us the TRU rewards to buy that set.

My closest store does not have it and does not know if they will be getting it. My rewards points will be expiring soonish. I was just wondering if there’s a set time that a set is available exclusively on the Lego store and then will be distributed to other places? If so what is the timeframe? Just trying to figure out what to do so why get my set and don’t lose these points.

Thanks!

Ann

Pete
    Participant

TRU tends to release sets early.

Pete
    Participant

You are better off buying it from Lego, double VIP points till tuesday.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

To my knowledge, there’s no guarantee that TRU will ever get the set at your store, I’ve seen them carry large sets like that before, but it’s not common. I’d say more than likely they won’t ever have it.

I’ve also used TRU Rewards points, but you’re right, they expire quickly, and I hardly ever shop there anymore, so I never build up a large supply of points.

What may work for you is buying it online, I can’t remember the official Toys R Us website off the top of my head, but I’ve ordered from it before. You can use your rewards points there, and an order that large should qualify for free shipping. And if they don’t have the set on the website, you can be pretty darn certain it’s not gonna show up in a store either.

Shaun
    Participant

Well crap.

Ann says thanks for the info. She was really hoping to get it at TRU because of the rewards. We have $145 about to expire. That would really help offset the cost of the set.

We’d love to take advantage of the double VIP points, but right now it’s just too expensive to pay full price. The same vet bills we charged to get the $145 in rewards are killing the finances. 🙁

Thanks again for the info.

Pete
    Participant

Shaun if you set your Toys are us rewards to the highest level they will not expire.

Nick Chen
    Participant

Shaun,

Call you local TRU. Read them the UPC.

I was unable to find an R web number which is their internal 5 digit code. Each item has a unique number.

Anyway have them search other nearby stores.

This is how I found my Nintendo Switch.

You might get lucky. For example, the Cranberry TRU has the UCS Tie and Slave 1 in the past. They now have the Pirates of the Carribean zombie ship in store.

Will McDine
    Participant

Both Toys R Us stores I go to (Bethel Park and Pleasant Hills) hardly ever have larger sets with the exception of the larger themed sets such as City, Batman movie, ect. The one large set I have seen at the one in Pleasant Hills was a Detectives Office that was bought online and returned to the store.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar