OFF TOPIC: Chicago Style Pizza

Home Forums Off Topic OFF TOPIC: Chicago Style Pizza

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Where is a good place to get a Chicago style deep dish pizza in Pittsburgh and preferably not in the South Hills. (Sorry Bethel Park and Mount Lebanon.) Any in the strip district or Northside?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Offhand, I’d suggest Chicago.

If that’s too far a drive for ya, the only place I know of is UNO, which is a chain but I feel like it was not too bad the one time I had it… but it is at the Waterfront, which is not so much in accordance with your Northern bias.

Josh
    Keymaster

I’ve head good things about Mamma Lucia’s. I think they’re north.

Dan
    Participant

I have also heard Mamma Lucia’s, although I cannot personally vouch for it.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

We went to a place called Luciano’s in Mars and what we got amounted to a 12 inch round piece of garlic bread cut into wedges. I don’t think restaurants this far East really know what a Chicago style pizza is. Its like ordering a Philly cheese steak in New Dehli.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Or like ordering margaritas in Tanzania…

Cynthia Helffrich
    Participant

When in college Sunday dinner was always at Unos in Chicago. I learned about pizza in Chicago and anything else just doesn’t measure up. The Uno chain is tolerable, but I fondly remember the nights standing for hours in a line that ran around the block to get pizza at Unos in Chicago!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I’ve only had it once in Chicago at Giordano’s. It guess the only solution is to make my own pizza:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicago-Style-Pan-Pizza/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Thumb&e11=chicago%20pizza&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar