Philly Brickfest Sept 11-14

Home Forums LUG discussions Philly Brickfest Sept 11-14

Viewing 12 posts - 51 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Micah Beideman
    Participant

Sorry for the late reply. We made it home around 2:00AM on Monday. Total attendance was over 15,000, which was lower than April, but there were still a good number of people at each session. We had good traffic at our booth. There were a lot less MOCs than in April. In our group of tables we had Penn LUG (three tables of trains and city) and an expanded Explorien fleet. There were new activities and places to build. There were two Inspiration Stations where there was a pre-built layout that the public could add on to with their own creations. One of them was Friendship Falls which is in one of the attached pictures. They are planning to have a larger convention next April that will include both the new activities and a larger number of MOCs. On Friday we played Bowling for Bricks (combined bowling and speed build) and our team triumphed! Overall, it was a very good trip and we are looking forward to going back in the spring.

Josh
    Keymaster

Awesome to hear. Not sure what’s up with image upload now…even I can’t do it right now. I’ll look tomorrow. I just uploaded my pics to flickr and linked them here.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Josh.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I definitely wanna see this pic too.

Josh
    Keymaster

image uploading fixed. I had broken it trying to make the site faster. Silly me.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I don’t see the pic though, does he need to upload it again?

Josh
    Keymaster

yes

Micah Beideman
    Participant

Here are some pictures that were supposed to be in the previous post:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Sweet! Thanks again for representing. I’m bummed I didn’t get to go (and I’m still recovering, I thought I’d make it to Josh’s house yesterday and I didn’t), but I’ve started looking forward to Greenberg and Philly in April.

Rick Beideman
    Participant

I set up a flickr account (yes I did not have one before) and uploaded a larger number of pictures. It is available at:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127266930@N06/

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Hey Josh, apparently I am a moderator of the SCL flickr group, how do I invite pics to be added to the group? Rick’s got two I think are worth adding, but I’m not smart enuff to figure it out. When I go to the photos in question, at the bottom there’s a button for ‘Invite to group’ but it’s grayed out so nothing happens when I click on it.

Josh
    Keymaster

I promoted you to admin. see if that works now. you have the right steps.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Whooooooooooooooo hooo hooo hooo! Promoted! Feel the Power. Everybody bow down before me.

It looks like that worked, thanks. So now we need Rick to accept the invites. I know when you sent invites to me, I didn’t see them til I went back through the photostream, although it might show up in his ‘Recent Activity’ list. I did not get emails to yahoo notifying me of the invites like I do when people start following me, I don’t know if there’s a settings option where I can change that, although since becoming a moderator, I’m no longer getting invites so there’s no real urgency there, other than knowing how to do it.

Viewing 12 posts - 51 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar