Q1 meeting – March 28th

Home Forums LUG discussions Q1 meeting – March 28th

• This topic has 53 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Tim.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

So, we have the LUGBULK meeting at Tim’s on Jan 17th, and then the Bethel Park Girl scout event on Sunday, March 1st…

I am available to host a meeting:
    Jan 31
    March 14th
    and March 28th

Those are the saturdays, unless people want to push for a different day, I’ll hear it out. Let me know what you think initially before I do the doodle.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Josh.
    • This topic was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Josh.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I have questions:

1) This is a Q2 meeting? Why, then, would we hold it during Q1? 😉

2) Are we rolling with “hold meetings at Josh’s because it’s just easier, with the LUG brick for redemption and whatnot”? Because I think we’re all fine with that if Josh (& Kallie) are, but just checking if you’d want to spread the hosting duties around more.

3) Weekday evenings work best for me. 😛

/oneofthesewasserious

Josh
    Keymaster

1 – worst part about it is, I made the mistake twice. I made it in my first attempt at creating the thread, corrected it, and later accidentally closed the window before posting the thread.

2 – yeah, I think quarterlies are best at my house, unless there’s a need to change it up. That’s mainly because we say redemption happens at the quarterly, and I don’t want to (and perhaps don’t even have the space anymore) to load and then unload everything. Also saves me money on babysitting on days that kallie works (and I schedule them on those days so on days she doesn’t work I can spend weekends with my family) since I don’t have to load up and commute and I don’t have to pay her to do nothing if I come back after the girls leave.

3 – I’m a creative person. Yinz want to watch a recorded video of me talk at you for 2 hours, that’s cool.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I was actually confused, I thought maybe the decision had been made at Q4 to skip Q1 this year.

Tim

January 31 seems too soon so either of the March dates look good to me right now. March 28 is about 3 1/2 weeks before Philly BF.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

and I don’t have to pay her to do nothing if I come back after the girls leave.

…where do the girls go?

Josh
    Keymaster

…dreamland.

Aaron Gomez
    Participant

All of those dates should work for me.

Dan
    Participant

I think either March date should work (will have a better picture at the beginning of February)

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Either one of the March dates look like they would work for me!

Josh
    Keymaster

OK, let’s set on March 28th.

Paula
    Participant

Perfect! I’ll work a half day, I’ll be there!

Paula
    Participant

Is there a forum about what the needs for the group are? Bins, etc?
    I’ll bring snacks!

Josh
    Keymaster

There was a topic somewhere, but perhaps a bit outdated. I’ll put it on my list of things to revive.

I think we’re good for bins for now. Snacks are wonderful, as are you.

Paula
    Participant

Cookies bring out goodwill. And also a sugar rush!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I got an email today about another event at the same day and time as Q1 http://www.formenonlypgh.com/. Just sayin’.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Well, if Tunch and Wolf are gonna be there…

(Alternative response: “For Men Only”?! Sounds like a gay convention. Not that there’s anything wrong with that…)

Josh
    Keymaster

sexism. football. not interested. just sayin’

Duncan
    Participant

Unfortunately, I couldn’t get anybody to switch with me for work. So we will miss this meeting. 🙁

Greg Schubert
    Participant

March 28, Stage AE, with Chad Johnson, the Steelers chaplain:

(Who knew the Stillers had a chaplain?)

Josh
    Keymaster

did you just spam my thread, Greg? Not only an advertisement, but for an event that conflicts with LUG sanctioned activity?

BANNED.

Anyway, lug meeting is happening. Let me know if you have an items for the agenda. off the top of my head:

1. cranberry summer reading
    2. philly brickfest
    3. international childrens festival
    4. building a track
    5. inventory management – set redemption, sorting standards
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

What’s the schedule looking like? 1-4 talk about stuff, do redemption later, eat food at some point? The usual?

Josh
    Keymaster

Yeah, depending on how much time @lunch36 wants to go over anything about inventory, if any. I have a few things I’d like to do, like move 1 more shelf unit down stairs, maybe some sorting and organizing those shelves…but I think we can cut that easily too. We’re definitely going to have to have a build day in the following weeks for the track (unless someone takes it on/has it at their place), table leg solutions, plexi velcro inspection, and center table with banner holder….but yeah, show up after noon, have some dinner, redeem…oh, and I have that CMF 13 box if people wanted to draft…not sure on how the logistics work on that though…need to know how many people would be interested…but people will want to know what the cost is or how many they’ll get…which depends on how many people are interested…darn you Joseph Heller!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

building a track

What about an activity for the Chima Speedorz instead of the remote control car idea? I know there is at least one case of Speedorz from Braddock floating around. Of course these vehicles are “fire and forget”, there is no controlling them after they are released, essentially they go in a straight line. Either you race them or try to aim them at something like makeshift LEGO bowling pins.

David H Donley
    Participant

I won’t take too much time. Maybe 15min max with questions/discussions.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar