Q1 meeting – March 28th

Home Forums LUG discussions Q1 meeting – March 28th

• This topic has 53 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Tim.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Rick Beideman
    Participant

Micah and I will be there.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Josh wrote:
    building a track

What about an activity for the Chima Speedorz instead of the remote control car idea? I know there is at least one case of Speedorz from Braddock floating around. Of course these vehicles are “fire and forget”, there is no controlling them after they are released, essentially they go in a straight line. Either you race them or try to aim them at something like makeshift LEGO bowling pins.

Doh! I misinterpreted the phrase “building a track” initially – one second thought, you probably meant a pinewood derby style track, not the remote control car track that Ben and I had been discussing. I have the same perspective as Ben on this, to me it would be more worthwhile to buy a used track than to build a new one, but maybe someone with the time, tools, skill and motivation to build a gravity powered race track has a different perspective.

Dan Waksman
    Participant

I will be there as well! Is there a doodle we need to RSVP on?

Pete
    Participant

What are we doing for food?

Dan Efran
    Participant

I think I’ll be there, but only until like 4 or so.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

I’ll be there! What time do things start?

Aaron Gomez
    Participant

I’ll be there as well!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

What time do things start?

What’s the schedule looking like? 1-4 talk about stuff, do redemption later, eat food at some point? The usual?

Yeah, depending on how much time @lunch36 wants to go over anything about inventory, if any.

So plan on arriving a bit before 1, I believe. @JoshHall can speak up if that’s incorrect.

Paula
    Participant

I’ll be there at 130! I think Pete requested cookies and is someone jonesing for brownies????

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Not that you should feel obligated to not only bring a snack, but to bring more than one snack, @paulamalu… but has anyone ever NOT been jonesing for brownies????

Dan Waksman
    Participant

Did we ever decide if any kind of drafting is happening? I definitely enjoyed last year’s Q3 parts draft. 🙂

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Pretty sure Josh was willing to let people give him $$ to take part in drafting a box of CMFs, and if @huntleyfx can make it and bring his box as well, the draft could be bigger… I’d say come prepared if you’re interested, but since we haven’t confirmed details or exact number of interested participants, it may or may not happen and we may have to establish the rules / buy-in on the fly if it does…

Dan Waksman
    Participant

I’m all for trying something different… So sad that that no Speedorz will be raced! 😛

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Does anyone know if any ‘burgh tubes, tunnels or bridges (especially those connecting downtown to the South Hills) will be closed for construction today?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

http://www.511pa.com/TravelConditions/TravelDelay.aspx

I would not try to take the Parkway / Ft. Pitt Tunnels if I were you… (actually, it may have only been closed overnight, but I wouldn’t take the chance if I were in a hurry…)

PennDOT even provides a handy Google Maps plug-in on their website with traffic: http://www.511pa.com/Traffic.aspx

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

And that map actually shows the tunnels looking ok… so maybe it’s no big deal / opened at 6 or 8 AM?

Laura
    Participant

I’ve been planning on coming to this, but it didn’t occur to me that I should probably RSVP. So ya, I’m coming. I will hopefully be there around 1:30ish, I have to go to an appointment at the apple store first.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’m not seeing Josh’s address anywhere in this thread. Maybe everybody knows how to get there now, but it’s been half a year since I’ve done it, so I wanna make sure I don’t get lost, and if I have it stored somewhere in email or whatever, I can’t find it. If anybody happens to read this soon, please send me a message. I’m gonna try n leave my house in less than an hour.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Sweet, thanks. (Pete beat you by private message though :P)

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

(Pete beat you by private message though :P)

Yea, well, what if @bengood921 isn’t the only person who needs the address? How does a PM help, then? HOW DOES IT HELP THEN???!!!???

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I assumed I was the only one lame enough to not be able to find the address, since I was the only one asking at literally the 11th hour.

I’m getting in my car in the next couple minutes. Sweet, Lego meeting! Rock!

Dan Efran
    Participant

Running behind schedule…hope to be there by 2pm.

Dan Efran
    Participant

Never mind, can’t make it. Got a late start, and then hit every closed road, poorly labeled detour, and traffic jam from here to there. At least three of each. Family needs the car this evening so I’m out of time. Oh well, hope everyone is having fun.

Tim

Can someone please post a quick summary of yesterday’s meeting (besides “no sext robot dogs”)? Thank you. I am sorry to have missed it and hope everyone had a great time.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar