Roller Coaster

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Roller Coaster

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Skipper Mike
    Participant

I wouldn’t mind playing with it if no one else requests it.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I wouldn’t mind playing with it if no one else requests it.

Sounds good, @skippermike, would you like to stop over and get it sometime?

Skipper Mike
    Participant

It’s a hectic week for me so maybe by the weekend. How big is the footprint? I don’t think it will fit in my car, but I might be able to get it into my wife’s car.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I don’t think it will fit in my car

I think it will fit across the back seat.

Jack Rimer
    Participant

Someone sent us this today. It is absolutely brilliant. If you have ever ridden the Jack Rabbit, you will know what I mean.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

That’s really good – I especially likes the view from the rollercoaster itself!

Jack Rimer
    Participant

The person who made this lives in Pittsburgh. Perhaps you could get with him and work on building terrain for this ride rather than the Thunderbolt.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

This one is pretty good too, I like the corkscrew.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

For those of you wondering, my replacement part from Lego arrived in the mail yesterday. And… it’s the wrong part. The set requires two of the lower part and two of the upper part, and it came with three of the lower part and only one of the upper part. They sent me another lower part. The only good news is that if I ever BL additional track parts to expand the coaster, I am now $8 ahead courtesy of Lego’s errors. Another replacement part shipped today, and I checked the numbers in the confirmation email this time, and it appears that I’ll be getting the correct part.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

How do we get in contact with the kid who made the Jack Rabbit roller coaster?

Jack Rimer
    Participant

Maybe send him a message on YouTube. If you can’t get him I will try to message him from our site.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I was looking at the cyclone model and I had a thought of how to maybe do the landscaping. Would it be easier to build it on a flat surface with the normal supports and then cover the up with landscaping? That might be less part intense if we don’t have to build up the terrain.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

That might be less part intense if we don’t have to build up the terrain.

Are you saying to build it in a way that the white support pieces will hold the weight of the coaster, instead of the terrain bricks supporting the coaster? I noticed that the coaster is supported by big boxes on the ends. I think those would need to be replaced by brick.

Three cyclone sets to build the JackRabbit cost the builder $450. I think that if we actually work with another person’s coaster, we’d need to build the landscape in a way that the other person can easily get their coaster back if they want. In that case, I would think that we would need to build the terrain to support the coaster, rather than burying their white support pieces under the landscaping.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

Yes, that is what I’m suggesting. If we do it with the Jack Rabbit, then yeah, what they want goes. But if we start on the Thunderbolt from scratch it might be an option.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Yes, that is what I’m suggesting. If we do it with the Jack Rabbit, then yeah, what they want goes. But if we start on the Thunderbolt from scratch it might be an option.

The cost of building our own Thunderbolt from multiple CDX systems is a deterrent. Perhaps we should work with what we have by creating baseplates for the CYCLONE and using that coaster in the amusement park display initially.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I looked at it again just now and I don’t think my plan works due to the curves for the track supports.

Jack Rimer
    Participant

Neither the Jack Rabbit nor the Thunderbolt will take many supports. They hug the ground so the terrain is an integral part of the design.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

Another video just came out. Looks to be the same person who made the video about bending track.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

What is this place … a LEGO museum? It does NOT look like someone’s house and it does NOT look like an old elementary school in southeastern Ohio.

Josh
    Keymaster

On display at event Czech Repubrick in Hamleys, Prague, Czech Republic

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Or if you don’t have that many parts, just do this:

Josh
    Keymaster

didn’t know this existed until today, but apparently it has been around a while. no modified parts were used.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Pretty cool roller coaster. I have heard the name Matt Chiles before, probably associated with technic. It must be a real chore to move and setup this roller coaster.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Also, (cyberpunk) monorail, (Cyberpunk) Monorail, (CYBERPUNK) MONORAIL!

… very elaborate and impressive. He said “Blade Runner feel” which explains it well. The use of color, among many other things, is perfect. Although I think its funny that he said that Galaxy Squad is “old.”

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar