Santa Trolley 2014 – PA Trolley Museum

Home Forums LUG discussions Santa Trolley 2014 – PA Trolley Museum

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Tim

@timf I know you’re coming on Sunday, if you can sign up on doodle just to confirm that would be awesome!

Done! I’ve only signed up for Sunday setup as my schedule is too in flux at this point. I am hoping to be able to staff at least one session.

Josh
    Keymaster

LEGO gave us a bunch of 8×6″ fliers with a link to take their Q4 survey. It’s kind of a drag of a hand out, since it says “if you’re 18 or older” but, they ask and we comply. So, just a heads up. At the very least, we can leave a stack out.

Laura
    Participant

We could make it a raffle kind of thing. People fill out the survey, and get a ticket for a chance to win a set.

Also, I think the Musueum got the official “Small games of chance” permit so if we want we can sell tickets and raffle off a set.

Dan
    Participant

Hello! Yes, I am alive and yes, I eventually visit all the threads! The @ shout out is what caught my attention mostly, though.

I would be happy to send monorail down with someone. I don’t think I’m going to be able to make it myself, however. Since I don’t have custom “city” trains I would plan to send the Airport Flyer.

Laura
    Participant

I would be happy to send monorail down with someone. I don’t think I’m going to be able to make it myself, however. Since I don’t have custom “city” trains I would plan to send the Airport Flyer.

DOUBLE POST!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Laura.
    Laura
    Participant

Sounds great, I’ll send you a list of the parts we’ll need to complete the plan on bluebrick. Thank you!

Josh
    Keymaster

We could make it a raffle kind of thing. People fill out the survey, and get a ticket for a chance to win a set.

Also, I think the Musueum got the official “Small games of chance” permit so if we want we can sell tickets and raffle off a set.

it’s just a flier with some pictures and the link on it with a short description. They’ll have to take it home to do it.

interesting about the game of chance…we’ve gone back and forth about us using sets for raffles. I’m for it this time, since it’s a new venue, I’m always for SCIENCE and finding out how things turn out. I think we have a train station set…or maybe some of the smaller vehicle sets for each weekend? Anyone have any opinions here? It’s ok to say not to do it at all, or to only do 1 set for the whole thing. Let me know your thoughts.

David H Donley
    Participant

I vote no using our sets. I know some people have made reference to wanting certain sets, including the ones you mention, since we have now opened up PAB credits to include sets.

Pete
    Participant

I totally agree with Dave.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Yeah I thought it was a good idea til I read Dave I don’t know why I keep typing it like that David’s post, his point is definitely valid.

It’s possible that we could somehow sort the sets into a pile that people want and a pile that can be raffled, but that would be a discussion for another thread.

Laura
    Participant

I vote no using our sets. I know some people have made reference to wanting certain sets, including the ones you mention, since we have now opened up PAB credits to include sets.

An idea on this. We pick 1 of our sets (we can discuss) raffle it off the first weekend to test the waters. *If* we get >50% profit from the ticket sales I would say it would be worth our while to use the money to purchase another set to raffle off the next weekend.

OR

We save ourselves the hassle and buy a set to raffle off.

Josh
    Keymaster

So slight change of plans, the room is going to be occupied Saturday afternoon until 4pm. I’ve updated doodle, if you are unable to come on Sunday you’re welcome to come down Saturday morning to drop stuff off. However; we won’t be able to set anything up until after 4pm. Sunday is now going to be the primary set up day, this will make everything easier for those planning to attend the Cranberry event.

So, I’ve got a hectic Sunday afternoon. Are you going to be at the museum Saturday, Laura? I’m thinking it’ll work out best for me to drop off everything then instead of stressing and being late on Sunday.

Laura
    Participant

Ya, that’s not problem Josh. I’ll be around on Saturday, if you call I can meet you there.

Josh
    Keymaster

I’m still planning on showing up tomorrow to drop stuff off. I guess I’ll call you when I have a good idea of when that is. perhaps around 2:30. When is the earliest people can come Sunday to set up? Tim was thinking 4, but I think he was confused with Saturday.

Tim

if you are unable to come on Sunday you’re welcome to come down Saturday morning to drop stuff off. However; we won’t be able to set anything up until after 4pm

@Laura Can we come tomorrow (Saturday) after 4:00 pm? For how long will the room be open for set up? Cranberry is done at 2 and I could just pack up there and come right down to the Museum (probably be there by around 4:30ish) – do it all in one day rather than two.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Tim.
    Laura
    Participant

Laura Can we come tomorrow (Saturday) after 4:00 pm? For how long will the room be open for set up? Cranberry is done at 2 and I could just pack up there and come right down to the Museum (probably be there by around 4:30ish) – do it all in one day rather than two.

That’d be fine, we’ll probably head to dinner around 6-6:30ish. It can be open as long as we need (I have the key and all).

Dan
    Participant

I have monorail things to send. Would it be possible to meet up with anyone who is going down today to send the things? Originally was going to meet Josh, but things changed so I won’t be out that way today.

Pete
    Participant

I’m confused are we still setting up Tomorrow or has it moved to today.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

As we saw last night, having both sides accessible increases the viewing experience for the public. However this increases the amount of edge which needs to be protected. Laura, did you account for the number of plexiglass sections required?

Today is tear down for the Cranberry display and Tim is planning to bring the items that we have which are also designated on the trolley museum layout.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Pete, if I’m reading everything right, the main setup day is tomorrow (Sunday). People who can’t make it then can drop stuff off today and start setting some of it up after 4, and apparently some people need to take that route. I won’t be down there til tomorrow and I expect most of the setup to happen then.

Pete
    Participant

Thank you for confirming for me.

Laura
    Participant

Main setup is tomorrow, if you can’t make it we can get some stuff done after 4 today. PLEASE PLEASE, if you are coming down, I’m getting reports from friends that the roads are getting pretty nasty (ice freezing rain). Be safe!

Laura
    Participant

I have monorail things to send. Would it be possible to meet up with anyone who is going down today to send the things? Originally was going to meet Josh, but things changed so I won’t be out that way today.

I’m not going to be able to pick them up =(. I was thinking my brother could pick them up but he’s probably not going to be able to make it tomorrow after all. Is there anyone else who’s coming tomorrow that is (or will be) close to Pittsburgh and can pick Dan’s stuff up?

As we saw last night, having both sides accessible increases the viewing experience for the public. However this increases the amount of edge which needs to be protected. Laura, did you account for the number of plexiglass sections required?

I didn’t come up with an exact amount, I figured we would get everything set up and then place plexiglass as we go. The perimeter of this display is less than Greenberg, although I suspect we may have some gaps in a couples of places.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

DanW, I can’t remember what neighborhood you’re in.

(Ben = Not Mensa)

Dan
    Participant

I’m in Oakland (with a car). I’m toying with th idea of coming down tomorrow, but my cleaning has been so productive that I hate to stop!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar