Santa Trolley 2014 – PA Trolley Museum

Home Forums LUG discussions Santa Trolley 2014 – PA Trolley Museum

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Sorry, I definitely won’t have time to swing by Oakland today, I’m already behind, I need to pack up my stuff and get out the door here. You should just head down, cleaning’ll be there when you get back.

Laura
    Participant

Setup went really well, we got the layout 75-80% complete, Ben has pics. I will be there Wednesday evening around 6:30ish to finish setting things up, if anyone feels like joining me they are welcome to.

@randomdan
    – I really don’t want you to miss out on this display. My brother is going to come down Wednesday evening, would it be possible for him to stop by your place at some point in the next couple days and pick up the monorail? Lemme know.

To everyone, please sign up for shifts on Doodle. There are a lot of open slots and many PaB cups to be earned!

http://doodle.com/ac8xhfw65xwahmrd

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Josh.
    Dan
    Participant

Wednesday should work. Let me know a time!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Technically I did take ‘pics’, but there’s actually just two, I didn’t really get into taking pics cause there was still lots to do when it was time for me to leave. One was a quick shot of my section, but it doesn’t look particularly impressive since you can tell the areas around it aren’t done yet. The other one is posted here, it’s Laura and Pete hard at work cleaning up their giant mess. I have high expectations for when I return in two weeks.

Since Dan was a total lame-o wasn’t there with his monorail track yesterday, I did not leave room in my section for track to come through (since I wasn’t sure it was happening yet and I didn’t wanna just leave blank space), so you guys’ll have to move some trees around when you set up the track. For the larger pine trees, I recommend grabbing by the brown trunk at the bottom, and a finger in the middle of the very top, and touching it nowhere else, otherwise you will have pine needles all over the place and be doing a lot of cursing and repair work, possibly followed by more cursing.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I like that the room has a train set that little kids CAN play with.

Aaron Gomez
    Participant

Did you guys set up my Moc this time?

Zemata
    Participant

I’ll be there saturday all day with a smattering of robos to display

Dan
    Participant

Supposedly the monorail has made it down there, but I haven’t seen any pics yet 🙁

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I know Aaron’s house was out when I was there a week ago. I haven’t heard anything since then, I’m waiting for pics too.

Tim

Just wondering how Weekend #1 went. Was there a good turnout? Any noteworthy comments? I’m join the chorus of people clambering for pictures also. 🙂

David H Donley
    Participant

I would love to post pics and video, but that means I have to edit every single picture because they are all too large to post here. I will be posting them to my Flickr page on Wednesday.

Weekend #1 went really really well. It was packed from 9:30am until 5:30pm. Everybody loved everything. The only complaint, which I overheard, was that there were no African-American minifigs anywhere, except for Storm. <– Not joking. Everyone asked how long it took to setup and build everything. Laura and I took most of the credit.

We created a “Can you find” list which everyone seemed to enjoy. The amazing plexiglass was about the biggest takeaway I had after the first weekend. I can not imagine not having it. It is completely covered in little smooshed nose marks.

I mentioned this to Josh when he stopped by on Saturday, but I really think we should have an engraved brick for this display to go on our badges. I would even give some cash for one. It will end up being longer in duration than most brick events.

Laura
    Participant

Sorry, I was super busy yesterday doing stuff at the museum. I have submitted a bunch of photos of the display on Flickr. I put a video here for yinz guys that wanted to see pics now.

To add to Dave’s comments, we had quite a few people say they only came to the museum because they heard the LEGO display was going to be there (many from Cranberry).

Hope you guys enjoy the photos, I’m sure there are more to come.

EDIT: Vid doesn’t work here, it’s on Flickr

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Laura.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

The only complaint, which I overheard, was that there were no African-American minifigs anywhere, except for Storm. <– Not joking.

That’s not our fault. It’s LEGO’s. Well, not entirely. Even now that they have realistic skin tones, most of those come from licenseed sets based on movies where most of the characters are white. But I thought Ben had a gaggle of NBA stars on the observation platform, no? I will prob make it down at some point, and can bring Nick Fury and some Friends minifigs that are less pasty…

I’m join the chorus of people clambering for pictures also.

Is that your Evgeni Malkin impression? “I’m score.” Also, clambering is what you do to get over a fallen tree on a trail. Clamoring is what you do when you want something so badly you can’t keep silent. 😀

we had quite a few people say they only came to the museum because they heard the LEGO display was going to be there (many from Cranberry).

Nice. We’re starting to become A Thing.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’m going through Laura’s pics now and the video is loading. I see Batman made the ‘Can you find’ list, I’m hoping there’s another Batman besides the one under the observation platform (which fortunately is hardly unlikely) cause I doubt he can be seen from the audience side of things. I see monorail track did make it down, sweet. High five to whoever set up Josh’s Santa train on the building roof. I still couldn’t see why one of the Santa57 smokestacks is truncated towards the top.

Haha, nice train sound effects. I nominate Laura to narrate all official SCL videos in the future. Or somebody else could narrate, and she could just do sound effects, like that guy in Police Academy. #haveimentionedthatitotallyrememberthe80s Three active trains and one monorail, nice.

I definitey wouldn’t complain if there was an official Trolley Museum Dec 2014 brick. Everybody knows that the size of your badge is scientific proof of how awesome you are and also <censored>. I remember feeling extra puny and weak at my first BrickFair in 2010, and this year was the first time I had a truly hefty manly badge. I’m already approaching the ‘too big to wear so I’ll make a tower out of it on my MOC’ stage, high five.

The NBA guys didn’t make it to Washington cause they’re not adequately dressed for winter. Also, if you’re looking to break racial stereotypes, responding to “there aren’t enough African Americans in this display” with “oh I had 8 NBA guys in the last display” is maybe less than helpful. I’m also blaming Lego though too; other than NBA, Nick, Mace, and some security guards, I have very few (actually I can’t think of any others right now), they don’t put them in city sets as often as they could.

Bonus high five to Spider-man going from one building to another.

Josh
    Keymaster

because I’m helpful:

Movie

Tim

To add to Dave’s comments, we had quite a few people say they only came to the museum because they heard the LEGO display was going to be there (many from Cranberry).

That’s great to hear because we were telling everyone at the Cranberry event about the Trolley Museum and that our Lego display was going to be 3 times as big as what we had in Cranberry.

Matt, I am ashamed of my inadequacy at basic English. Thank goodness I don’t have to renew my passport for a few more years – I’ll need that time to improve. 🙂

Laura, great video!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Matt, I am ashamed of my inadequacy at basic English. Thank goodness I don’t have to renew my passport for a few more years – I’ll need that time to improve.

I mean, clambered/clamored is at least intermediate English, I’d think. But still, yeah, you’d better brush up. 😉

Kristen Sabin
    Participant

i’m gonna be coming along with evan to staff this saturday!! i’m super excited to go back to the trolley museum, i loved it last year ^u^ the display looks great from what i can see in laura’s video!

Laura
    Participant

i’m gonna be coming along with evan to staff this saturday!! i’m super excited to go back to the trolley museum, i loved it last year ^u^ the display looks great from what i can see in laura’s video!

Woot! I’m glad the video is encouraging people to come down and participate.

Supposedly the monorail has made it down there, but I haven’t seen any pics yet 🙁

Pics are up Dan… I mean, Walker, Texas Ranger.

Josh
    Keymaster

another good weekend?

David H Donley
    Participant

Another good weekend. I think the rain brought even more people out.

Josh
    Keymaster

We have to talk a bit of logistics for clean up this Sunday. I have a Bible study that meets from 6:00 – 7:30, which is probably the prime time for tear down. I could probably be there a little after 8pm. The other catch is that I won’t be able to fit everything in my car anyway.

Is anyone up for bringing stuff to my house? I’d be home by 7:30. Anyone want to just take stuff and bring it to my place on the 20th for Q4? Any chance of leaving stuff at the trolley museum for me to pick up later?

Laura
    Participant

We have to talk a bit of logistics for clean up this Sunday. I have a Bible study that meets from 6:00 – 7:30, which is probably the prime time for tear down. I could probably be there a little after 8pm. The other catch is that I won’t be able to fit everything in my car anyway.

Is anyone up for bringing stuff to my house? I’d be home by 7:30. Anyone want to just take stuff and bring it to my place on the 20th for Q4? Any chance of leaving stuff at the trolley museum for me to pick up later?

8pm Sunday is a little too late for me, seeing as I have to drive back to the middle of nowhere. The museum closes for the season on Sunday, so leaving stuff there would be fine. I could bring stuff that gets left there (tables and such I assume) to the meeting on the 20th.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

When I was in Lancaster for Thanksgiving, literally everybody in family had the cough/cold/flu that was going around and it finally caught up with me last weekend and it’s one of the worst I’ve ever had, so I am still recovering*. I am signed up for tomorrow but I doubt I’m going to make it, even to pick up my stuff. In light of Laura’s last post, I am thinking I could come pick up my stuff next Saturday before the meeting, sometime b/n 12 and 1, and then I’ll also have space in my car to transport anything else to Josh’s house that needs to go. Let me know if that works @laura

*That means if it turns out that this is the disease that destroys mankind, and they do a ‘Rise of the Planet of the Apes’-style map during the end credits, you can blame me n Susie for the line that connects Lancaster to Pittsburgh.

Laura
    Participant

I am signed up for tomorrow but I doubt I’m going to make it, even to pick up my stuff. In light of Laura’s last post, I am thinking I could come pick up my stuff next Saturday before the meeting, sometime b/n 12 and 1, and then I’ll also have space in my car to transport anything else to Josh’s house that needs to go. Let me know if that works

Sounds fine Ben, gimme a ring next Saturday when you’re on your way.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar