Santa Trolley 2015 – PA Trolley Museum

Home Forums LUG discussions Santa Trolley 2015 – PA Trolley Museum

Viewing 23 posts - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

Thank you Matt, I’m actually rearranging the plan as I type to include Hannah’s awesome winter village.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Wicked; you’re able to type and Bluebrick at the same time?!?

But yea, I may not be able to build a tunnel (I mean, I’m capable, but I don’t have the time between now and the event), but I can bump a thread like nobody’s business. #IdowhatIcan #fortheLUG

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Not sure I can swing setup, but we’ll see. #wishywashy #likeCharlieBrown

You are excused from any duty to the LUG, but we still require you to create some facebook posts about bands in bars this weekend.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

You are excused from any duty to the LUG, but we still require you to create some facebook posts about bands in bars this weekend.

Thanks, Papa G! (Can I call you “Papa G”?)

Actually, the show I’m most likely to attend this week is in a coffee/tea shop. And last Friday was a venue/bar that used to be a church – people love repurposing old churches in PGH! OOH we should build a MOC of Church Brew Works!!!

Tim

Just like last year, I am planning on coming right from Cranberry First Night (which will end around 2:00 pm on Saturday, November 21) and bring everything right down to the Museum.

Plans have changed for me this Saturday. I’ll not be able to come down to the Museum on Saturday after Cranberry. I’ll come down Sunday afternoon. @laura, will you need any of the 4 LUG tables I currently have (I’m guessing not)?

Laura
    Participant

will you need any of the 4 LUG tables I currently have (I’m guessing not)?

The newest version of my plan calls for 9 tables, I have an auxiliary 10th table, but it’s not completely necessary.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Josh
    Keymaster

I have 5 tables here, in case having those 5 will help. Who has the other 8? Nick?

Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 1:34 PM
    To: josh@sixf00t4.com
    Subject: New reply in topic Santa Trolley 2015 – PA Trolley Museum

Laura wrote:

will you need any of the 4 LUG tables I currently have (I’m guessing not)?

The newest version of my plan calls for 9 tables, I have an auxiliary 10th table, but it’s not completely necessary.

Nick Chen
    Participant

Yep. Have 8 still in my FJ.

Tim

@laura, the monorail line through the “Santa Area” will need to run a bit more to the back. The Santa Admin building is not currently outfitted for monorail access (but how cool would that be – I’ll need to rework it for next year so we can run monorail through it).

Tom Frost
    Participant

Matt Redfield wrote:
    You should definitely check out our Santa Trolley event – one of our bigger displays each year, lots of fun, free hot chocolate, and I’m sure Jonah would enjoy it quite a bit (ride a trolley with Santa – just like the name implies!) You could even start your Steel City LUG career off with a bang and get some display credit if you bring those trains (and staffing credit for shifts worked).

I would be interested in doing this. Is it okay to bring my son along if I sign up for a shift? Should I just sign up for a shift on the doodle? Sorry, I’m new to all this 🙂

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I would be interested in doing this. Is it okay to bring my son along if I sign up for a shift? Should I just sign up for a shift on the doodle? Sorry, I’m new to all this

Tom – kids are what the event is all about! It’s fairly low key, too (i.e. – “staffing” means keeping an eye on the display to ensure grabby hands don’t wander off with someone’s $30 Hulk minifig, engaging people who have questions, etc. but it’s not all that difficult). So if your son is at all well behaved, it shouldn’t be a problem to be “on the clock” and watching him as well. Put your name on the doodle when you think you can make it, and we’ll see you there!

@laura
    can confirm, but I think you can pretty much walk in and tell them you’re with Steel City LUG and they’ll let you in.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I am running under the assumption that we will have Greg’s candy factory, stables and Christmas tree, but I haven’t heard from him to know if they’re available.

Everything that I had at the Greenberg Train Show is at the Cranberry Community Center except for the ball machine, the monorail and the warehouse. Tim can bring what you want to the trolley museum. Ironically, the stable did not live up to its name when it fell sometime ago; it has not been reassembled. The possibilities include

1. white castle
    2. big Christmas tree w/ surrounding track & train
    3. candy factory
    4. two houses: one dark orange, one dark red
    5. monorail station (no track is setup in Cranberry)
    6. train station
    7. tudor inn (tan and gray)
    8. mansion (this is eight baseplates by itself)
    9. NORTH POLE sign
    10. tan Oktoberfest building

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

@laura, we are starting the Cranberry tear down, is there anything specific that you want for the trolley museum?

Zach Bauer
    Participant

@laura do you happen to have Ben’s trees? I mistakenly left them at Greenberg and have been tracking them down.

Tim

@laura, what is the set up available between tomorrow and Friday? I will NOT be able to come down for set up tomorrow. I need to know the other available times this week (if any). FYI, I have the sneeze guards and table skirting (and the clamps). Thanks.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

I will be there 10am sharp tomorrow morning! @laura am I able to get in if I arrive a tad earlier?

Laura
    Participant

is there anything specific that you want for the trolley museum?

Any of the winter theme things would be great, some of my favorites from the list would be the train station, Christmas tree w/ train, candy factory, north pole sign.

what is the set up available between tomorrow and Friday? I will NOT be able to come down for set up tomorrow.

Okay Tim, thanks for letting me know. I wouldn’t be able to be here until Wednesday evening as I have to be at school til then. If you want to come down Monday or Tuesday during office hours (10-4) one of the staff can let you in. I talked to Dave, one of our volunteers, he said he can let you in and help you out on Tuesday if you need.

Am I able to get in if I arrive a tad earlier?

Yes Hannah, there will be people here. If you just let them know you’re here to set up the LEGOs and they’ll let you in.

Tim

I wouldn’t be able to be here until Wednesday evening as I have to be at school til then. If you want to come down Monday or Tuesday during office hours (10-4) one of the staff can let you in.

OK, thank you. If I can’t get down there Monday or Tuesday, I’ll come on Wednesday later in the afternoon.

Josh
    Keymaster

I forgot to get them to pete, but we got 2 of the ribbon stanchions, perhaps useful for blocking off the access to behind the tables. Maybe I’ll bring them down Friday.

Tim

I’m just wondering how the remainder of the setup went Wednesday evening. When I left around 8:00 pm, most of the display was up and in place, but the sneeze guards and table skirting still needed to be assembled.

Overall, the display looks really nice and presents a much different look from Greenberg (even though most of the MOCs were also at Greenberg). So anyone who attended Greenberg will see a “new” display.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I’m new and would like to work a shift but can’t figure out where to sign up. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I’m new and would like to work a shift but can’t figure out where to sign up. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Welcome, Mike! There’s a lot of back-reading in this thread, but you’re looking for the Doodle to sign up:

Doodle’s up!

http://doodle.com/poll/caspvb35mz72fqa2

David H Donley
    Participant

Last weekend to participate! It has already been a ton of fun and I am sure the craziness will only continue.

Viewing 23 posts - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar