September 15-22 art exhibition

Home Forums LUG discussions September 15-22 art exhibition

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    Rich Millich
    Participant

Doug, that church looks awesome: it reminds me of the chapel I go to. I really dig the red leafed tree; it’s got a lot of character in the trunk.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Gregory Schubert wrote:
    Can someone provide a list of available times and locations for dropping off LEGO items to display?

So Sunday from 12:00 to 5:00 at Future Tenant is the only possible drop time? Is Saturday at Dan’s place an option? If so, is there a timeframe and an address?

Dan
    Participant

I’m at 3812 Bates Street, Apt. 304. Parking is a bit finicky, but Oakland Ave, Atwood St, and Bates Street all work. Anyone who is planning to drop something off work with me to set up a time.

Greg: Saturday late morning or early afternoon should work.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

So Sunday from 12:00 to 5:00 at Future Tenant is the only possible drop time?

I think Andrew said Monday and Tuesday evenings from 5-8 PM were also ok:

It is not exceptionally urgent that the cubes be there on Sunday, but the more time that it has on display, it should result in a larger turnout for the event. I would like as much as possible set up on Sunday from Noon to 5 or 6, and have a hard cut off date for Tuesday evening, since I have to be travel to the gallery to make sure everyone can get in. To that end, if you do not wish to drop of your MOCs at Dan’s prior to Sunday, I will be at the gallery Monday from 3-8, and the same for Tuesday evening.

Still makes sense to get the DIG build installed in the front window as soon as possible, but if you need to do your drop offs on Monday or Tuesday, I’m sure that’s still fine.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

The current plan is for Tim to drop his cubes at my house on Saturday and then I will bring everything to Future Tenant on Sunday. If for some reason the DIG display is not going to happen, will someone please let us know ASAP?

I’m not sure if this works out for me delivering PaB cups to people going to the AFOL extreme shopping day.

Dan Efran
    Participant

My Friends-in-Space thing from the S.W. Randall comp hasn’t fallen apart much yet; I can probably bring that at least. It fits in a 10 inch cube. I’m hoping to scrape together something else too, but I don’t know.

Josh
    Keymaster

I’ll bring the 2 signs we made for kidsfest, but here’s the file if you want to print off more. I just taped it to some cardboard…I wonder if we want to get these laminated or something…maybe little stands?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Like an idiot, my first thought was “But where are we going to get stands?” and then I realized what we are. I’ll be building the stands while waiting for drop offs Monday and Tuesday.

Josh
    Keymaster

sooo…matt just alerted me to this pittsburgh magazine write up on brick the bridge – http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Best-of-the-Burgh-Blogs/The-412/September-2013/Knit-the-Bridge-Gets-Lego-Tribute/index.php#comments

They didn’t talk to me at all…not sure how that will impact staffing responsibilities, if droves of people show up wanting to put a piece on the bridge…especially with me being in portland during the event…sorry? hope it turns out well…maybe I’ll leave the ~400 1x4x3 fence pieces in case it gets wild?

that said though, might be a really good time to commit to bringing something to display! This event should be spectacular! Thanks, Andrew!

Dan
    Participant

Does anyone want to drop things off for Sunday? I’ll be home tonight and in the morning/early afternoon tomorrow.

Rodney Bistline
    Participant

Just to check in, I’m planning to show up at the gallery Sunday afternoon with a box of models to fill whatever space available. I probably won’t be able to get there till closer to 3 or 4 but I can lend a hand as needed as well. What’s parking like for Future Tenant?
    I’m Looking forward to meeting some fellow AFOLs in person!

Josh
    Keymaster

There’s free parking in the city on the street on Sundays. I think Andrew said there are 2 spots we can use to drop off things too–Andrew, confirm that? With the guys heading to the lego store and me having a church picnic, sounds like 3 should be a good time for you to target. Looking forward to meeting you in person!

Tim

sooo…matt just alerted me to this pittsburgh magazine write up on brick the bridge – http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Best-of-the-Burgh-Blogs/The-412/September-2013/Knit-the-Bridge-Gets-Lego-Tribute/index.php#comments

They didn’t talk to me at all…not sure how that will impact staffing responsibilities, if droves of people show up wanting to put a piece on the bridge…especially with me being in portland during the event…sorry? hope it turns out well…maybe I’ll leave the ~400 1x4x3 fence pieces in case it gets wild?

that said though, might be a really good time to commit to bringing something to display! This event should be spectacular! Thanks, Andrew!

That’s pretty funny that the blogger did not even contact you. It almost looks like the blogger was reading your Forum posts. BTW someone should inform him that we do have the US Steel building. 🙂

I can confirm there are two places , possibly one more to park out front of the gallery, and congratulations on the write up! I just finished crating up my models to take to the gallery. Do we have a general idea of who will be there?

Dan Efran
    Participant

I definitely expect to drop off my little Space scene (1-baseplate size) at the gallery in the mid-afternoon, perhaps at 2 or 3. Probably can’t stay for very long.

So, day 1 of the gallery install looks great. I will be there tomorrow (Monday) and Tuesday from 3 to 7 pm. Please let me know at (412) 523-9882 if you are coming down. We have also been invited to extend the show another week, which will put us breaking down the show on the 29th. This also provides a great opportunity to be seen by over 1,200 people at the Gallery Crawl on the 27th. I am working on the doodle so we can figure out who can take what shift.

Tim

RE: extending the show – sounds good! Will there be an opportunity to add more? Based on the previous scheduling of only this week, I was farily limited in what I could offer for display. But for a second week, I could bring my less than minifig scale Pittsburg buildings (U.S. Steel Tower, Frick Building, K&L Gates Building, and the Gulf Building). Would the Gallery be open next Sunday afternoon for adding to the overall display for “week 2”?

Josh
    Keymaster

I was hoping you’d ask that, Tim. 🙂 I dropped Andrew off last night and told him how I thought the stakes were raised and opportunity/exposure abounds with the additional week which gives us more pirates games, the gallery crawl, and the festival of firsts. Just setting up in the space for a few hours last night, we had a dozen people interested enough to ask if they could come in and look, and at least triple that many check out what few dig cubes were in the window. There’s tons of foot traffic there.

anyway, we mentioned that the train table looks awesome in surface area, but it could really need some buildings to go vertical, and we mentioned your pgh buildings.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by Josh.
    Josh
    Keymaster

Andrew, Dan E, and I spent a bunch of time putting the final touches on everything today and everything looks AWESOME! I’m so stoked for this event. Andrew is going to be typing up an email for me to blast out to everyone (and maybe even the Toonseum email subscribers too, since the guy that runs it stopped in and knows Andrew!), but I wanted to make sure everyone knew that Andrew would welcome some people staffing the exhibit, and everyone should be encouraged to show up for the reception on Friday night. Remember our reward incentives too – 1 large PaB cup for displaying and 1 small PaB for staffing. If you do both, you get both. Andrew pointed out too, Though we don’t have Paul and Jason displaying with us, we’ve added 5 other displayers on top of the Kidsfest crew, which makes this a tremendous turn out for the LUG! WAY TO GO EVERYONE!

Dan
    Participant

Is there a doodle for the working times?

I have the doodle:

http://www.doodle.com/d97dubdg8td6p75p

The gallery is looking great.

Rodney Bistline
    Participant

Sounds awesome! Did anyone get Any photos of the set up?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I’m not quite sure I understand how the Doodle is breaking down the shifts, but my intention is to be there tomorrow evening from (whenever I can get there after work – hopefully by 5-5:30) until the end, and I should be available for most of Saturday as well – although I probably won’t get there right at noon.

Here are the times Andrew originally said the gallery was open this weekend:

I now have the gallery hours for public display.
    The gallery will be open:
    11am to 7pm Thursday
    Noon to 9pm Friday
    Noon to 10:30pm Saturday.

Andrew, can we get an update showing the exact dates and times the gallery will be open? From the Doodle, it looks like it’s open Tuesday & Wednesday of next week, not just Thurs-Sat? I’m not yet sure my availability next week, but I should be able to help staff at least one or two nights. Not open Saturday 28th? (judging from the Doodle…) Is the gallery crawl Friday the 27th the finale, then?

• This reply was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    • This reply was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Tim

And is there anytime on Sunday to bring more stuff (like my Pittsburgh buildings and maybe even the Great Wall) or does that just need to happen during the regular open hours?

Dan
    Participant

I doodled. I think I’ll be able to do next Friday (that’s not 100% confirmed).

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar