Share your MOC!

Home Forums MOCs Share your MOC!

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

Remember to add your pictures to the flickr group so they will show up on the home page.  The goal is to also share MOCs on the facebook group to show the public what we’re up to!  If you’d like to be featured on facebook or in a blog post here, let us know!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Just discovered this morning, not mine, but good for inspiration!

http://flickrhivemind.net/Tags/lego,medieval/Interesting

Greg Schubert
    Participant

In my latest project I challenged myself to NOT build something that was totally symmetrical and to try new building techniques. Perhaps you can tell that symmetry is a hard habit (for me) to break. However, I did manage to make something that does not look like most of my other buildings.

In this piece, I made stairs in the entry out of 1x2x5 bricks. I built rafters out of technic bricks to put the main roof on. I brick-built the front door. I used click hinges for two of the smaller roofs and I had fun learning how to use this piece: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?P=3680&colorID=11

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

… and here is the back, although its not completely done. Here you can get a glimpse of the rafters made from black technic pieces.

Attachments:
    Tim

Greg, I really like how this turned out. This building could be right out of Bree. Great half timbered look with tan and brown (rather than the more typical white and black) and non-symmetrical.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Thanks! As you know, it did not look hopeful initially.

As far as the white is concerned, I am trying to avoid making white buildings because I expect them to have white roofs.

Bree? That would be awesome … I thought it looked more like a house from Arlington. 🙂

Greg Schubert
    Participant

This project was small but it was fun to get results more quickly. Also, using fewer pieces meant less to clean up afterwards. 🙂

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

My 14 year old assembled this sign today. Its not new ground, but considering that he generally balks whenever I ask for assistance with LEGO projects, it was a welcome contribution.

Attachments:
    David Bacon
    Participant

I am going to build it in real life, but for now, check out the renders of my Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Sidearm, the Blade Blaster. Ooooohhh, 90s nostalgia. This is posted on Mecabricks, Rebrickable, and our Flickr photostream as well.

Attachments:
    Josh
    Keymaster

up from the grave, this thread arose!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I am eighteen 1/4 round tiles away from completing this MOC.

Attachments:
    Tom Frost
    Participant

That looks fantastic, @greg

Bob Grier
    Participant

Wow, even curtains in the windows! Looks great @greg!!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I hate following @greg but here is a walk up stand I did last night of my favorite place (next to a Lego store)!

Be kind and I do take constructive criticism! ??

Starbucks stand and van

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Inside view:

Starbucks stand

Starbucks stand

And van:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/143468655@N07/M3K1KW

My stickers suck as discussed at the Lego store opening with @willmcdine. Could use a tutorial and a way to print on clear film.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

It looks good, I don’t think the stickers suck, and anything that people recognize will make them smile.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I’m trying to build a custom Sanctum Santorum. I’m stuck in the last floor and trying to incorporate Dormamu. I also don’t have any sand green slopes so it will most likely be in black like the Sanctum Santorum Showdown set.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/143468655@N07/75256q

Adam Bruce
    Participant

I have a rough idea of a big Ice Fortress landscape that I want to build. Still working on getting pieces, but 1000 clear 1×1 round bricks came in the mail for me to build with. This is just playing around but tubes are fun.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Adam Bruce.
    Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

One of my new interests is “brick-built” doors and windows, (rather than LEGO door and window pieces.) These are from my latest project, which is on hold, temporarily waiting for more dark red parts.

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

This is a work in progress photo of the “snow day” project I started last night. It is based on an image I found of Horace Mann school in Seattle. At this point, I need to decide which color quoins to use.

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

For the North Pole school, I’m trying add to details to make it less plain than the original mockup. Also I’m building an interior so this MOC can go in @paulamalu’s display case next November.

I have been experimenting with patterns for the entryway, a window and potentially a walkway outside the school. Tiles are easy, headlight bricks are fun but cheese slopes require lots of patience.

You can make cheese slopes into almost squares by nesting them together on their sides, but I am hoping to develop a snowflake pattern with six-sided symmetry. I printed some hexagonal graph paper to assist with developing a floor pattern. Time will tell if this was a fruitful endeavor.

Attachments:
    Tom Frost
    Participant

@greg Check out Flickr builder Katie Walker. She creates some pretty amazing patterns and designs that you might find inspiring and/or instructive.
    2013-01-03 1-03-13 016

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Katie Walker

In preparation for this project, I checked out her flickr account. You’ve chosen one of her most brilliant pieces. I tried to get ideas without plagiarizing. 🙂

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Over the last few weeks I finished a winter barn that resembles the barns you can see everywhere in Lancaster, where I lived many years ago. 🙂

Attachments:
    Josh
    Keymaster

that’s lovely, greg. great texture with all those tiles not pressed all the way down.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar