site content welcome

Home Forums Site Admin site content welcome

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

if anyone ever wanted to have a blog post on something they created, let me know. I don’t have time to keep up with a blog here, but if someone felt inclined to post regular lego news, lug updates, etc, I can give you the access to do that. My thought right now would just be posts when we have done something big or have something coming up.

Tim

I think an “Events” section on the Home Page is a great idea.  Perhaps the “Welcome” and Explanation of AFOL and LUG text that is currently on the Home Page could be moved to a sidebar on the left.  That would leave the middle for Events – write ups of recent/upcoming events, pictures, etc.

BTW, I like that you have swapped the New Posts and Recent Topic Replies on the right sidebar.  That way new posts don’t get buried.

Josh
    Keymaster

thanks for the feedback! I’ll see what I can do.

Josh
    Keymaster

also, make sure you are all adding any and all of your lego photos to the flickr group! that content is featured on this site, so it benefits everyone.

Zemata
    Participant

Ah.  I tout the Flickr group was just for lug stuff.  I’ll put my things there.

It’d be cool to have a place for members to post their latest creation or news.  That way other members would be able to see it all in one place.  I’d like to know when you guys make stuff so I can give and get some critique.

Josh
    Keymaster

It’d be cool to have a place for members to post their latest creation or news. That way other members would be able to see it all in one place. I’d like to know when you guys make stuff so I can give and get some critique.

there’s a forum for mocs – http://www.steelcitylug.com/forum/bbforum/mocs/ We just got to get everyone to build and post about it.

Tim

I would like to suggest that the home page contain “Current Event”/”Next Event” banner with information as to where we are displaying or will be displaying. So right now for example, it would indicate that we are currently displaying at the Trolley Museum, give the dates and times, and perhaps contain a link to the Trolley webpage. That would help point web page visitors to how they could see us in person.

Josh
    Keymaster

good suggestion. I added a little widget now – will flesh it out later, but it something…remember, the calendar tab has always been there too.

Tim

remember, the calendar tab has always been there too.

I figured most casual visitors would not necessarily click through to the calendar. Having an “Events” banner will help highlight what we are (and will be) doing. Thanks. Josh!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar