14th LUG Group PARTS SWAP!

Home Forums LUG discussions BUY / SELL / TRADE! 14th LUG Group PARTS SWAP!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Doug
    Participant

A few more details for this event:

I’m happy to stick around for the full time (11:30-3), but I only reserved that time slot to give us a choice of when to meet. I’ll be there at 11:30 and I encourage everyone to show up at that time so that, no matter how long we all stay, we’re all there at the same time. Also, please bring a little cash so we can order pizza or Jimmy Johns. Lego always makes me hungry!

Since we have so much time, do we want to organize a last minute set draft?!

Josh, and everyone else, I’ll be looking for some reddish brown and white slopes! Also, I now have a serious obsession with convex and concave slopes! I cannnot seem to get enough of them, because I didn’t have any as a kid.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Also, please bring a little cash so we can order pizza or Jimmy Johns

What, you don’t have a stipend to fund your “dissertation research”?!

Since we have so much time, do we want to organize a last minute set draft?!

May be late in the game for everyone to get a set, unless we just get a head count and one of us orders thru Amazon Prime or something.  But I might be up for that.  What set(s) would you have in mind, Doug?

Also, what about the minifig draft?  Was that being pushed back since I think Tim said he can’t participate this weekend?

Doug
    Participant

May be late in the game for everyone to get a set, unless we just get a head count and one of us orders thru Amazon Prime or something.

I think you’re right; it’s too late. But let’s do the minifig draft anyway (sorry, Tim). I need minifigs for my projects right now, real bad like. I’ll bring cash to throw in for the draft, too.

What, you don’t have a stipend to fund your “dissertation research”?!

Dream on…

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

But let’s do the minifig draft anyway (sorry, Tim)

OK – if we do that, who’s in?  And are we talking 60 figs?  The box I bought had 30 figs and was $90 + tax, so… if we have enough interest to need another like that, we’d need to pick one up.

Another idea – we could spend some of the time building / brainstorming on the DIG Into Reading build…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

OK – if we do that, who’s in?  And are we talking 60 figs?  The box I bought had 30 figs and was $90 + tax, so… if we have enough interest to need another like that, we’d need to pick one up.

You can get a box of 60 from Amazon France right now for $2.33 each including shipping.  Also, a new case showed up at my local Walmart this weekend.  It was on an endcap, but not in the LEGO aisle.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Another idea – we could spend some of the time building / brainstorming on the DIG Into Reading build…

Want to build the “Into Reading” part of the sign?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

You can get a box of 60 from Amazon France right now for $2.33 each including shipping.

Saw that (well, hadn’t done the math), but do you think it’d get here by Sunday?  ; )

I’ll probably be near a Five Below & a Walmart tomorrow… could pick up another 30-fig box to give us 60 total to draft, but probably at more like $3.21 each (including 7% tax on that $90 price).  Don’t really wanna do that if we don’t need it, though – if I’m buying for myself and time is not of the essence, Amazon France is definitely the way to go.

Josh
    Keymaster

I have amazon prime and google translate…

This article unfortunately can not be shipped to the selected address. You can change the shipping address or remove this item from your order by changing the quantity to 0 and clicking on the button “Update” More
    If you change a quantity, click

i’m in for minifigs.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I have amazon prime and google translate… This article unfortunately can not be shipped to the selected address.

eh… I’m seeing €123.05  anyway, not €109.9 like Toys’n’Bricks had posted. (http://toysnbricks.com/box-of-60-lego-series-9-minifigures-for-e1099-ships-worldwide/)

Josh
    Keymaster

Josh, and everyone else, I’ll be looking for some reddish brown and white slopes! Also, I now have a serious obsession with convex and concave slopes! I cannnot seem to get enough of them, because I didn’t have any as a kid.

1x?  2x?

I’ll show up after church.

Dan
    Participant

How much per fig is getting into the minifig draft? I’d be interested if the total fell in the $20/$30 range.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I’ll show up after church.

Ditto.

How much per fig is getting into the minifig draft? I’d be interested if the total fell in the $20/$30 range.

at more like $3.21 each

^ That’s based on a box of 30 figs at $90 plus tax (90 x 1.07 = 96.3 / 30 figs = $3.21).  So, if each person is in for 10 figs, it’d be $32.10; if each person is in for 5 figs, it’d be $16.05… but it all depends on how many people are in for the draft.  If there is enough interest to do 60 figs, we can… but I have not been able to establish how many people are committing to draft, let alone how many figs each person thinks is reasonable (I’d say 10 makes sense – round number, divides evenly into 30 or 60…)  So if people’s budgets are $20-30, a buy-in of $32.10 for 10 figs is pretty close to that.  Sound good?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

So basically:

Anyone who wants to participate in a minifig draft on Sunday, please reply with:

A)  Confirmation of participation

B)  How many figs you want to draft

1)  We could say minimum buy-in is $16.05 for 5 figs (5 round draft), and if people want more figs they can buy in for two draft picks (or even more).  Or we could keep minimum buy-in at $32.10 for 10 figs (10 round draft).

I’m just brainstorming here for ways to make it accessible for people of varying budgets / interest levels, but also to keep it simple.

We do need to have a firm idea of interest level, though, before deciding on how many figs are involved – don’t really want to invest in a second box of 30 (total 60 figs / $192.60 investment) if only 2 or 3 people are even interested, and only looking for 10 figs…

Doug
    Participant

I’m in for 10 minifigs!

Rich Millich
    Participant

Okay, here’s what I’m bringin’.

* Me.

* About $30 to split between Jimmy John’s and whatever LEGO is going down. I’m not into figs unless they’re spacey, so expect me to trade what I draft immediately. I want the Jimmy John’s delivery guy to talk really fast.

* The FS-42G Sovereign and the XFS-01 Xantech Noctis so that I can get Evan to take pics with the light box. Both are “new” builds that no one has seen in real brick yet but me.

* A couple of small baggies of parts to swap with The Bin for the presentation quality parts I can scrounge from there. Hopefully I can find some curved slopes.

* A completed cockpit box (with minifig installed) to trade to anybody who wants to learn how I build my starfighters. I can and will happily tear down, show, rebuild all three starfighters to show different techniques.

* Two tablescrap microscale Mechs I built.

* Four minifigs to trade to Andrew if he shows: an Evil Knight, a Cyclops, and two thieves.

Doug, I’m coming into Oakland by bus. Where is the closest intersection on Forbes that has a stop, and how to I get to Porter Hall on foot from there?

Doug
    Participant

Doug, I’m coming into Oakland by bus. Where is the closest intersection on Forbes that has a stop, and how to I get to Porter Hall on foot from there?

If you take the 71B (recommended) get off at Morewood and Forbes and walk down Morewood until it terminates at 5th. Campus should be right in front of you, specifically Warner Hall (which is 31 on the map I sent out). That same map (attached to this forum) should get you to the classroom from that point.

If you take the 71A, you’re in for a slightly longer walk. You would disembark at the intersection of Forbes and Craig, take Craig to 5th ave and then turn left and walk down Forbes until you get to campus.

I could pick you up and take you to campus, but I might not be able to bring you home bc I may be going straight to volleyball after our meeting.

1x? 2x?

I’ll be looking for larger slopes, in both the 2 and 3 studs deep variety (i.e. 2x2x1 and longer, as well as 3x2x1 and longer).

Dan
    Participant

I’ll definitely be coming Sunday. I’ll bring some Blacktron II and a bunch of spare brick I’ve got. I think I’ll sit the minifig draft out as I’ve located a few nice castle sets in Germany that I’d like to add to my collection.

Dan
    Participant

Oh and I will bring pizza/Jimmy John’s money!

Josh
    Keymaster

That’s so nice of you to bring Pizza, Dan!  But who is jmmy john, and why do you have his money?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

That’s so nice of you to bring Pizza, Dan!  But who is jmmy john, and why do you have his money?

ROTFLOL.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dan
    Participant

Jimmy John used to be known as Timmy Time, but he changed his name after the whole Time Cruisers thing…

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Anyone who wants to participate in a minifig draft on Sunday, please reply with: A)  Confirmation of participation B)  How many figs you want to draft

* About $30 to split between Jimmy John’s and whatever LEGO is going down. I’m not into figs unless they’re spacey, so expect me to trade what I draft immediately.

So far, here’s who has confirmed interest:

Doug – 10 figs

Matt – 10 figs

Rich – hmm, not sure if that means 10 figs or what…

So, if others want to participate, better speak up! We have 30 figs for drafting right now (unless someone else already picked up a box to use), and if we’re buying more, we’d need to know ASAP in order to have them for Sunday.

Doug
    Participant

I just want to make sure that everyone is aware that although I’m bringing Instectoid parts, my supply is LIMITED.  It’s going to be first come first serve. I don’t want anyone fighting over my Instectoid parts which, again, I know are seriously in demand.

Also, Greg, I’m bringing your Springtime Scene sets.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I don’t want anyone fighting over my Instectoid parts which, again, I know are seriously in demand.

Not as in demand as your Aquazone parts… close, but not quite.

Zemata
    Participant

Hey I’m in.  Ill do 10 like everyone else.  Ill bring food money as well.   Doug what do you want for those insectoid parts?   this is new to me.  I mean its Lego there’s literally thousands of parts so I dont have a clue what to bring :I

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar