[ES] Summer 2018 Display – PA Trolley Museum – June 22-24

Home Forums LUG discussions [ES] Summer 2018 Display – PA Trolley Museum – June 22-24

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    Sean Collins
    Participant

Looks great. I have not MILSed the space display. We can make a transition though. If you have time, you could build a landing pad for the Sparrow. When we get back from our trip, you’ll have to come over and we can mock up how things will fit together.

Lol i didnt even think about a landing pad or my sparrows.

As far as meeting up you know me im free. Ill have to bring my kids though.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

@hannah133 @rcgrier3406 @tfdesigns

I have organized stuff to send down. Bob is picking up the containers (two) on his way back from Josh’s house this afternoon. I am sending the following:

– The five vehicles and four robots I made for SWRandall’s. I have replaced the Nexo Knights with Mars Mission guys. Frost might have to use his expert Lego skills to repair them, since they break apart a little bit in transit.

– Five bags of green plates: three wedges, one curved, one 6×8. When you’re done with them you can just break them up and drop them in the bottom of the container, I’ll sort them later (I have still not sorted out my plates from ICF).

– 80 vertical pine trees, plus a bag of trunks. The pine trees are pre-stacked in sets of 20, so you can add or subtract to vary the heights as you wish. You can also just dump them in the bottom of the container afterwards and I’ll sort them later.

– Three large trees. They will require some minor assembly also, but they’re easy to figure out. When you’re done with them, I need you to put them back in their respective 3-gallon bags, otherwise they get tangled up in the container and parts get broken.

The other container is the smallest set of Travis-brick pine trees, the ones that are individually bagged with diagrams. If you want (and have time), you can consolidate them to make larger trees, just be aware that some of them will have umbrella stands inside the Travis bricks. In the rush of teardown, it’s unlikely you’ll have time to put the right tree back in the right bag, so again you can dump the parts in the main container and leave the empty bags and I’ll sort them out later. Just don’t put the wrong trees (or random parts) back in the bags, if they’re not empty, I won’t know which ones are correct and which ones aren’t.

That’s all I got for this one. If there’s any other requests you have until Bob gets here in 2 hours or so to make them.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

PS – Also included – instructions (three booklets, cause Lego couldn’t just put them all in one) for the Walking AT-AT. They’re for Pete. @pete

Bob Grier
    Participant

Ben, I’m leaving Josh’s now (5 pm), so I’ll probably be there around 5:30 ish.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Bob just picked up my stuff. So it’ll be there eventually.

Bob Grier
    Participant

Visitor entrance to the Ministry of Magic for the HP/London display. Shhh, don’t tell any Muggles!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Great job! You should post the reference photo too! 🙂

The 1×3 white arches are courtesy of a Taj Mahal set, no doubt 🙂

Tim

Very nice, Bob. I started Grimmauld Place last night. Got the sidewalk, basement windows, and stairs done. Hope to get the first floors done tonight.

Phil Breneman
    Participant

I finished my two baseplates for the amusement park. Nothing spectacular, but hopefully it will integrate into the other stuff. I am out of town (with essentially no cell phone or internet access) until Friday afternoon so I am not sure if I will get it to the museum Friday or first thing Saturday. Either way, please leave some space for it.

Attachments:
    Laura
    Participant

Guys, everything is looking amazing! Since we’re a week out I wanted to finalize some details. You guys working on the HP display seem to have everything under control, just a few questions.

-How many tables do you need?
    -How much space will the display take up?
    -Who on the schedule is going to be monitoring this display?

@tfdesigns
    what do you need? Should I put together a plan that includes the zoo and a ‘town’ display. I know you also mentioned doing a space display, what would you need for that display, table and staffing wise?

As I posted a while back we have 4 potential areas we can use for displaying, it doesn’t seem that PennLUG is going to be able to make it so I’m thinking we’ll have HP in the education room, the town in the events room and possibly put the space and any other displays in the shop area.

This is all subject to everyone’s thoughts, please let me know. Thanks!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Laura.
    Bob Grier
    Participant

Guys, everything is looking amazing! Since we’re a week out I wanted to finalize some details. You guys working on the HP display seem to have everything under control, just a few questions.

-How many tables do you need?
    -How much space will the display take up?
    -Who on the schedule is going to be monitoring this display?

@tfdesigns what do you need? Should I put together a plan that includes the zoo and a ‘town’ display. I know you also mentioned doing a space display, what would you need for that display, table and staffing wise?

As I posted a while back we have 4 potential areas we can use for displaying, it doesn’t seem that PennLUG is going to be able to make it so I’m thinking we’ll have HP in the education room, the town in the events room and possibly put the space and any other displays in the shop area.

This is all subject to everyone’s thoughts, please let me know. Thanks!

Hi @laura. We’re still working on finalizing the layout for HP/London, but as of right now we’re looking to use (8) LUG tables. In addition, Tim has build (2) “half tables” (4 baseplates wide by 2 baseplates deep) that we’ll be using for the “lowered” section of the river to accommodate Tim’s Knight’s Bus Bridge. In plan, the layout will be 4 LUG tables wide by 2 1/2 LUG tables deep or 13′-4 wide by 8′-4 deep just for the tables. Looking at the room sizes, the Education Room at 18′ x 10′ would be wide enough but not deep enough (no room for guests to walk around, or for LUG members), so I don’t think that will work for us. The Event’s room at 30′ x 14′ is certainly big enough, and we would only take up about half of the space leaving the other half for one of the other displays. The Shop Display area at 16′ x 16′ could work, but we’d only be able to let people walk around one side of the display. So, we’d prefer the Event’s Room if that’s at all possible.

For staffing, Hannah, Tim and I will cover this display. I just noticed that there was a gap in the schedule between the (3) of us for Saturday afternoon, so I just updated the Doodle to put myself in that time slot so I think we’re now fully covered.

Not sure who may be doing a “town” display. Pete, Greg and Neil are all contributing buildings and other stuff to be included in the HP/London display.

Josh
    Keymaster

does my 48×48 GOB headquarters fit anywhere?

I am planning on setting up until ~3p, if needed, and would think that I’m taking a load of tables and such down anyway.

Also, we have a few cars and people put together from the last build day that can be put out somewhere.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

GOB

I think we had to clarify before that GOB is generic office building and not the GOP/Republican headquarters, (although when I first saw it I thought it referred to the Guild of Bricks, which was a group of AFOL’s who sold MOC buildings on bricklink back when bricklink was first founded.)

Bob Grier
    Participant

does my 48×48 GOB headquarters fit anywhere?

I am planning on setting up until ~3p, if needed, and would think that I’m taking a load of tables and such down anyway.

Also, we have a few cars and people put together from the last build day that can be put out somewhere.

@joshhall
    , I’ve now included a spot for the GOB in the HP/London display, “so bring it on down”!!

Tom Frost
    Participant

@tfdesigns
    what do you need? Should I put together a plan that includes the zoo and a ‘town’ display. I know you also mentioned doing a space display, what would you need for that display, table and staffing wise?

@laura
    I’m thinking for staffing purposes, the space and town displays should share the event room. If we do a smaller town display including the amusement park stuff ( @pete are you bringing the carousel and ferris wheel?) and zoo, we could do maybe 7 or 8 tables. The space display is only going to be 3-4 tables. I was thinking we could also maybe have a free build area (kiddie pool) for kids in the event room with maybe a banquet table for kids to display their creations on. This way we could monitor all these areas with a minimum staff.

Pete
    Participant

I am bringing the ferris wheel and merry go round both on a 48X48 base. I am also bringing the tower bridge on a 128X32 base and big nen on a 64X32 base. If i need to bring some modulars I can do that to.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Sorry I’m late to chime in here, I am updating my doodle entry as I can work all day Saturday and Sunday now so the HP display should be fully covered between bob and myself. I can help wherever else needs staffing too.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Hannah Dow.
    Tim

Grimmauld Place is done. Here are two teaser pics.

Attachments:
    Bob Grier
    Participant

Grimmauld Place is done. Here are two teaser pics.

I like the little basement windows!! Nice touch!!

Hannah Dow
    Participant

That looks great, Tim!

Looking at Friday, I’m going to shoot to be there by 11am for setup barring traffic. See yall sorry *yinz* then 🙂

Tim

I should be down around 4:00-4:30 pm tomorrow. My weekend schedule also changed again and I should be able to make it down for at least a few hours on Saturday afternoon to help out. Looking forward to seeing the HP section all together.

Josh
    Keymaster

@laura – any word on getting a van or truck to get stuff from me?

My van was somewhat affected by the floods last night. long story. short of it is I want it to go to the shop tomorrow and I don’t see me getting much down there, if anything. I’ve got a lot of Neil’s building and obviously the tables.

Tim, if you have space, it might help to get at least some stuff on your way down.

Bob Grier
    Participant

@joshhall, my car is full at the moment, but I can swing back up to your place after I drop my stuff off at the Trolley Museum to pick up at lease some of the tables plus Neil’s buildings. I can make a second trip if need be. I’m planning to leave my place around 9 or 9:30, which would get me to the Trolley Museum around 10:30, and put me back at your place around 11:30. Let me know.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

I could also take a drive up to get a load if needed, realistically I could be unloaded by noon and then head your way. I’ll discuss it with bob tomorrow and see!

Josh
    Keymaster

That sounds great, Bob. I have an appt at 10am until 11am in mcmurray and i am going to drop my car off at the shop after that. the shop that I drop it off is 3 miles from my house, on east mcmurray. I’ll either run the 5k back to my house (which I usually do) or I might call you to see how your timing is, Bob, and hitch a ride back to the house.

we’ll have to do some real time logistics, and I’m sorry for that, but I appreciate you all coming together for this display! It looks like it will be one of the bigger/more MOC heavy town displays we’ve done.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 168 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar