Summer Display – PA Trolley Museum

Home Forums LUG discussions Summer Display – PA Trolley Museum

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

Alright, closing in on this so I think I’ll post some finalized details

-The theme will be mainly town. However, we do have room to set up a table for people to display whatever MOCs they want.
    -Set up is on Friday, pretty much all day the doodle sign up can be found here: http://doodle.com/irqqmbkpw3yf9czs
    -I’ve built standard tables that will give us ~64 square feet of space to work with
    -Volunteers would be great, even if you just want to come down and stand around we’d love to see you!

Any questions you have PLEASE ask, I can’t address questions or concerns unless I know about them! Thank you!

Dan Waksman
    Participant

I’ll be available on Sunday afternoon and am looking forward to meeting some of you. I’ll update the doodle.

Kristen Sabin
    Participant

Evan and I will be available saturday and sunday to staff! ovo/ (Though I might ditch Evan on sunday if family plans get in the way.)

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

What time are people thinking about showing up tomorrow / what time does Laura want us there? I don’t wanna get there too early and wait around cause things aren’t ready yet, but I don’t wanna show up too late and everybody’s already gone. I also don’t wanna drive from McCandless to Washington during Fri rush hour if I can avoid it. Let me know, thanks.

Laura
    Participant

I plan on being at the museum ready to set up by noon. Everyone is welcome to stay until 5, maybe 6 if people are arriving later and need more time.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by Laura.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by Laura.
    Josh
    Keymaster

I’ll have both girls, so I don’t anticipate being around very long. I’ll probably get there sometime after 1.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Evan and I will be available saturday and sunday to staff! ovo/ (Though I might ditch Evan on sunday if family plans get in the way.)

I like your selective capitalization.

I’m going to say I’m questionable for tomorrow – I don’t really have much to contribute to setup, other than assistance (unless I whip up a little something tonight), so if I can get out of work early enough to make it worth the trip, I shall, but that’s not guaranteed. Should make Saturday afternoon though. Not sure about Sunday.

Zach Bauer
    Participant

I will bring some MOC vehicles on Saturday to put on the roads of our town if they are needed.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by Zach Bauer.
    Josh
    Keymaster

we got 12 support boxes and a few sets today. if anyone wants to sort a box, let me know and I’ll leave one there.

Dan, Dave, and Zach – I think you’re the only members that haven’t had the opportunity to open a mystery box yet – I’ll leave one for each of you to check out, and if you forget or don’t want to, you can do it some other time.

Dan Waksman
    Participant

Cool, thanks Josh. So, the mystery boxes are just misc pieces from Lego to be sorted?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Indeed they are. We set up the majority of the display today. It looks pretty good. It’s possible that my poor planning, bad design, and questionable engineering finally caught up with me today. The observation platform went down in flames this afternoon. I think I took it pretty well, I’ve already gotten three good displays out of it, I’ve been brainstorming redesign options for months, key parts survived for rebuild, and since I knew Matt’d already taken it down once before, it was really just a matter of time. It was bumped by Don (I could not figure out Don’s relationship with Laura, Uncle Don maybe?), who of course felt terrible, despite my insistence that it wasn’t a big deal and that it had been inevitable. It does mean it will not be part of the display this weekend though, unless by some miracle I rebuild it tonight.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Bonus pics. I tried to get a shot of the finished setup, but Laura was endlessly adding stuff and finally it was time for me to leave.

Attachments:
    Josh
    Keymaster

Thanks for taking the pics, Ben! Sorry about the lookout. Looks like it wasn’t too bad.

So, Kallie is pretty sick, and she’s kinda giving me a hard time about leaving her tomorrow…I am certainly going to be showing up late, and now, if at all. May bring a kid with me. I’ll be flaky tomorrow, sorry.

Might just be able to make it for tear down sunday. We’ll see. 2 of my sisters also had babies this week, so might be trying to see them or not…LIFE HAPPENS!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Nice pic names, Ben.

So, Kallie is pretty sick, and she’s kinda giving me a hard time about leaving her tomorrow…I am certainly going to be showing up late, and now, if at all. May bring a kid with me. I’ll be flaky tomorrow, sorry.

I will help you monitor the kids, if that helps… that said, if your wife needs you to dote on her, you’d better stay home.

2 of my sisters also had babies this week

WHAT?!?!?! Cheech had her babby and I wasn’t informed???!!!??? I thought we were friends, Gordy… I thought we were tight.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Hey Zach, I don’t know how I missed your introduction thread on the forums here, but I did, so I just got caught up. Laura has a LOT of vehicles and she went crazy filling up every available space this afternoon with them, so if you bring anything, I’m not sure there’ll be a space for it, although you can try. But don’t worry, this is a smaller display, there’ll be opportunities to your stuff in in the future – if you’d been around for the Ligonier Valley Train Show we definitely could’ve found a place for both vehicles and buildings on that one. And there certainly should be room at the upcoming Greenberg show this fall, if not something sooner.

I didn’t know Josh had sisters, but I’m gonna go ahead and assume he’s like Marshall Erikson on ‘How I Met Your Mother’ and is actually the short one in the family. Is Juliette excited about new cousins? And not that I am telling anybody anything that they couldn’t’ve guessed already, but Juliette and Madeline (sp?) were super duper adorable at the Trolley Museum today.

Btw, we’re not in the same room we were last fall, so anybody showing up tomorrow should go in the main entrance of the main building this time.

Zach Bauer
    Participant

Hey Ben, thanks for the update. Yeah I saw the vehicles in the pic and was planning to sit this one out. Thanks though.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I’m gonna go ahead and assume he’s like Marshall Erikson on ‘How I Met Your Mother’ and is actually the short one in the family.

Ben, we all know what happens when you assume… you’re exactly right. All of his sisters are at least 6’6″.

Tim

The observation platform went down in flames this afternoon. I think I took it pretty well, I’ve already gotten three good displays out of it, I’ve been brainstorming redesign options for months…

Look at it as an opportunity to expand/improve/redesign. The display looks awesome. Ben, I’mglad you could bring the top levels of the White Castle and work them in here.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Tim, you were mentioned yesterday. The display definitely looks good as-is, but there’s some empty space behind the rows of modulars, I said if Tim were in town, he comes in, plops down a couple skyscrapers, it looks great. I, unfortunately, do not have any Lego skyscrapers just lying around my house.

Josh
    Keymaster

I won’t be around during the day tomorrow – if anyone has any gallon sized baggies, I’m told Evan and Matt sorted one of the open support boxes today, but they didn’t have any bags to pack them away. I’ll bring some at the end of the day when I come to clean up.

Susie, you never opened a box either, right? I think Evan and Matt opened the 3rd box I opened, but I have one in the trunk I was too lazy to take out today, so you can have your turn too.

I felt bad Laura was solo in the morning today, but thanks to everyone that came out. Certainly a lighter crowd than the Santa Trolley show, but it was nice. I had time to build a playground from the LUG bin. https://www.flickr.com/photos/sixf00t4/14527224492/in/photostream/

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Ooh and Susie loves sorting too.

Attachments:
    test
    Participant

Ooh and Susie loves sorting too.

False. Thanks for thinking of me, Josh, but I’m a terrible sorter. I’m sure someone else will get more kicks out of it than I would.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by test.
    David H Donley
    Participant

If someone opened the support box that was going to me, little yellow heads are going to roll.

Kristen Sabin
    Participant

don’t worry, david. there are plenty of those boxes to go around. the box that was sorted was one that i had opened already. i remember because there was a huge boat hull in it

Dan Waksman
    Participant

Okay cool, cause I’m looking forward to seeing my first one!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar