The Adventures of…

Home Forums LUG discussions The Adventures of…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

#LUGDoug? #LUGBug? #woody?

I got this guy from RadSquirrel Woodworking and I’d like to try something out with him. I want each member to be able to take turns hosting him for a month or so. The idea will be to take picture with him and of him experiencing life with you. Take him to shows. Take him on vacation. He comes apart and he’s held together by magnets. He already has a nick or two, but the idea is to not permanently damage him or lose his parts. Think we can handle it?

I’d say you should have to be a member for at least a year, having participated in a staffing event and attended a quarterly meeting in order to be eligible to host him. Post pics on flickr and facebook so we can all keep up with what he’s up to.

I’ll keep the master list updated in this first post. Hosting member is responsible for working out hand over to the next person.

I’ll start. Who’s after me?

Also, any better names than LUGDoug?

Here’s the list:

1. Josh – Swap date 11/13/16
    2. Greg
    3. Pete
    4. Hannah
    5. Tom
    6. Paula
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Josh.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Josh.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Josh.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

…I miss Doug…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I volunteer to be second.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

I love this!! I definitely want to do it at some point, I’m looking to go to the New England area in March. Perhaps I could take him with? This is very similar to my #emmettakesoneurope (for those of you with instagram) thing I did when I studied abroad 🙂 #shamelessplug

Tom Frost
    Participant

I’m defenitely interested

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Interesting, this “Wooden Mega Figure” seems like a promo to us. There is no pricing online, but if you did far enough in the facebook comments you will find “Cost for a basic figure with a gloss finish will be $160.” His site says that it can take up to 5 months to get one.

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

LUGDoug journal entry: Nov 12, 2016 … its Fall and the overnight temperatures have started to dip below freezing. All the leaves seemed to drop at once. These leaves feel strangely familiar. My host family is fostering five kittens. Its a good thing I am not allergic … to cuteness.

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I had to go to school today. They were fish and plants and people installing speakers in the ceiling. Otherwise, it was pretty boring.

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

If you’re still doing this next spring, we could arrange for me to take him to BFNE, I’m already registered and paid for that one. I haven’t decided whether or not to go to BWC again, but it’s certainly possible, and I expect to be at BFVA as well. I’m sure I could take him to non-Lego stuff also, but it looks like you got that covered. Also, Juliette sez that you should have them make a wooden Clarence, so that this one has friends.

Paula
    Participant

If Doug is free in May, I may be going south! And I don’t mean Uniontown!

Josh
    Keymaster

if it wasn’t obvious, Greg now has LUGDoug. Greg, cool to share your pics on instagram? I want to make sure everyone knows that’s kind of a thing with hosting LUGDoug, that you’re willing to have your pics shared on social media.

Ben and Paula, I hear you talking specific dates, but that’s not how this works. Gotta sign up for a position and wait your turn. Once you confirm you want a turn, I’ll add you to the list.

Hannah is next, then Tom. That’s all I’ve seen in this thread so far. If either of you want to forfeit your slot to the next person, that’s fine too. Just post in here so we can make sure he goes to the next person.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Its fine to share my photos and I am happy to turn Doug over to Hannah whenever we can find a mutual opportunity. At least by the LUG party, if she is not studying for finals then. 🙂

Hannah Dow
    Participant

lol my last final is the day before the Q4 meeting! So, @greg I can get him at the meeting, I don’t think I’ll be available any time sooner. However, this means he’s coming with me for the entirety of my break lol yay! Christmas in Ohio!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Ben and Paula, I hear you talking specific dates, but that’s not how this works. Gotta sign up for a position and wait your turn. Once you confirm you want a turn, I’ll add you to the list.

I think it’s reasonable to sign up, then defer your “turn” (which roughly equates to a month, no?) until a time when you know you’ll be doing cool stuff (visiting LEGOLAND, going to a cool convention, etc.) – so long as the others who are awaiting turns are down with trading up/down in the draft order.

Paula
    Participant

Sure! Can I sign up?

Paula
    Participant

@philmatt24 Hey, I’m always doing fun stuff!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Hey, I’m always doing fun stuff!

I know you are, but some people aren’t as cool as you, so I’m just sayin’, they should plan accordingly if possible.

Josh
    Keymaster

Subject: Wooden Mega Figure Adventures

Message Body:
    Hi, Josh!
    I just saw your post about giving your Mega Figure an adventure with your LUG members. That’s awesome!! (I’m with Radsquirrel Woodworking, by the way!) We have a Facebook page for our customers who want to share pics of their doll around the world: Adventures of Wooden Mega Figure. Feel free to include pics there, too! THANKS!!
    Shauna

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster
    Paula
    Participant

I’m on the list! I can’t wait to have an adventure!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Hello all, so I won’t be able to make it on Saturday anymore because I unfortunately got called back home to Ohio early. Sooo someone can take my turn for Lug Doug, I’m sure I’ll have another opportunity next year! Hope ya have a great meeting

I could take lug doug to New York with me.

I think it’s reasonable to sign up, then defer your “turn” (which roughly equates to a month, no?) until a time when you know you’ll be doing cool stuff (visiting LEGOLAND, going to a cool convention, etc.) – so long as the others who are awaiting turns are down with trading up/down in the draft order.

…would it be worth setting up a Doodle or something to keep track of whose turn it is / put in for a specific month? I.E. if I’m planning to travel to Billund in June, could I put in for that month specifically? And maybe something like that would also help rearrange as needed if/when someone ends up not able to take their turn, like Hannah right now?

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Not sure what was decided upon at Q4, but if possible I’d like to book lil LugDoug for March 2-March 12. I’m going to Boston, Connecticut, and NYC with some friends that week and I think I could get some great pics! Mainly because one of my friends lives literally 3 minutes from the LEGO Headquarters in Enfield soooo perhaps try to get a photo op there 🙂 On a related note, is that where the infamous Kevin Hinkle works and any possibility of arranging a tour while in the area?

Pete
    Participant

Lug Doug has already been to Connecticut and NYC

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Lug Doug has already been to Connecticut and NYC

lol okay fine, so Boston, Pete. He could still accompany me to Boston 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar