Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 1,449 total)
  • Author
    Zach Bauer
    Participant

Here are some more.

Zach Bauer
    Participant

Here are some more. (terrible is the only way to describe this website’s design)

Zach Bauer
    Participant

Here are some more. (This website’s design is terrible!)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Zach Bauer
    Participant

Ok I give up lol

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Zach Bauer.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’ve also been meaning to post about this and I keep putting it off. I met Will at BFNE last month and he had a display similar to the one Greg posted there; it was a collab with several other people, but he was the organizer and primary builder. He scores high on the ‘easy to have a conversation with’ scale, and I mean an actual conversation, not just one of those people you run into at conventions who talk endlessly about their own Legos while you listen.

Eventually I’ll post something over on the BFNJ17 thread, cause he’s gonna do a similar display at that one and I talked to him about possibly joining in and I’ve done a couple test builds at my house despite being focused on other stuff for the time being. I don’t know if it’ll convince at any space builders in our group to come to that one, but I’ll put something about it there anyway.

Zach Bauer
    Participant

Eventually I’ll post something over on the BFNJ17 thread, cause he’s gonna do a similar display at that one and I talked to him about possibly joining in and I’ve done a couple test builds at my house despite being focused on other stuff for the time being. I don’t know if it’ll convince at any space builders in our group to come to that one, but I’ll put something about it there anyway.

Yes I can confirm that Will is great to talk with. Ben, keep me posted on BFNJ2017. It was a great show last year and I’d love to go again with anyone from the burgh. And if you decide to go and need a place to stay, you’ve got free lodging in NYC.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

BFNJ2017

the dates are Sep 23-24

Greg Schubert
    Participant

In case anyone was considering paying $200 to get a LEGO canvas bag, I got one on eBay and although it looks good, functionally it is disappointing. I much prefer the type of stiff canvas bag sold by LL Bean because the Bean bag stands up whether it is full or empty.

Pete
    Participant

Is it the same beige one pictured on the Lego calender. I bought a yellow one the last time i was at the Lego store.

Phil Breneman
    Participant

My family is vacationing in Maine and saw some fun Lego related prints at a shop in Bar Harbor. The photographer’s site is https://squareup.com/market/studio-36. I got a kick out of it and I have a severely underdeveloped sense of humor.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

a shop in Bar Harbor.

Was it at Sherman’s? We will be there in a week. 🙂 Sherman’s always has outdated & overpriced sets.

Phil Breneman
    Participant

Not Sherman’s, although we did spend a few minutes there and your description is appropriate. This shop was called A Little Mad.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Its time for more updates on the progress of the six foot LEGO Christmas tree. These are the two main projects into which I invested many hours since Memorial Day:

1) graduation speech, intro starts at 37:00

2) my son’s eagle scout project pergola

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

Very nice speech. The auditorium is lovely. I was listening to you and pondering how to recreate the background in Lego. Congrats on the award. Obviously, well deserved! And 10 points to Gryffindor for the HP voice work.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Tim.
    Josh
    Keymaster

very nice!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

how to recreate the background

That’s the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial building in Oakland, basically on the Pitt campus.

Tim

That’s the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial building in Oakland

Ah, ok. I’ve never been in that building. I was highly impressed that a high school would have such an ornate backdrop for its auditorium.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Rill nice auditorium, indeed. Interior and exterior would make a fantastic MOC.

Zach Bauer
    Participant

Congrats on the award, Greg! Speech was great.

And the pergola looks amazing! Tell your son an architect said it looks beautiful 😉 . Just what that otherwise awkward island in the parking lot needed.

Tim

Interior and exterior would make a fantastic MOC.

I just looked at a bunch of images on Google. Wow, this is definitely going on my list of Pittsburgh buildings to build. Time to start stocking up on tan brick again.

Slight threadjack: one of the pictures that came up was an interior picture showing the Hannibal Lecter cage from Silence of the Lambs. I knew that the scene was filmed in Pittsburgh, but never knew exactly where. I presume now it was at S&S? Can someone confirm?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Did… did you just #threadjack the threadjacking thread, @tim…?!?

(I was tempted to LMGTFY or GIYF you, but I didn’t…)

http://www.movie-locations.com/movies/s/SilenceOfTheLambs.html#.WUnP2hPysUE

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> Slight threadjack:

I like how Tim sort of feels the need to apologize for threadjacking, despite the fact that he’s in a thread named ‘Threadjacking’.

Tim

I like how Tim sort of feels the need to apologize for threadjacking, despite the fact that he’s in a thread named ‘Threadjacking’.

My parents raised me to be polite. 🙂

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I am going to make an official proclamation:

Frost’s basement Lego area is cooler than Greg’s basement Lego area.

The goal here of course is to have Greg respond with ‘Challenge accepted!’, leading to an epic battle of oneupmanship that eventually results in popular reality TV series such as Lego Basement Wars and Pimp My Lego Room. Make it so.

Pete
    Participant

I am going to make an official proclamation:

Frost’s basement Lego area is cooler than Greg’s basement Lego area.

The goal here of course is to have Greg respond with ‘Challenge accepted!’, leading to an epic battle of oneupmanship that eventually results in popular reality TV series such as Lego Basement Wars and Pimp My Lego Room. Make it so.

Ben play well

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 1,449 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar