Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 451 through 475 (of 1,448 total)
  • Author
    Dan (Beast)
    Participant

Gotcha, I am out of the country right now, but I will try to make the next meeting.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Any of yinz Trekkies?

Very interesting read, I thought, from Wil Wheaton regarding this set of third party TNG minifigs:

http://wilwheaton.net/2017/12/because-so-many-of-you-asked/

And a bonus, from simpler times:

http://wilwheaton.net/2008/04/introducing-leg/

Greg Schubert
    Participant

It has been 15 every year.

Who is LUG treasurer? Josh noted how much we have in the LUG’s account in the January newsletter, but how much do we spend and on what?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Who is LUG treasurer? Josh noted how much we have in the LUG’s account in the January newsletter, but how much do we spend and on what?

So many questions. What are you, a District Attorney???

I believe we discussed creating an office of Treasurer, but I don’t recall anything being brought to fruition. We spend money on food, and sometimes on stuff like materials for displays, or new shelves for the Stud Dungeon. We vote informally via the forums and the “five ‘yea’s and no ‘nay’s and the motion passes” referendum.

Or something.

Tim

Josh is the unofficial Treasurer just because he keeps the funds in an account. If we ever organize into a legal entity, we could then get a bank account in the LUG’s name and then have a Treasurer. Oh geez, I just brought up the “Should we form an LLC/Corporation” topic! Run for your lives! :-O

Pete
    Participant

Josh is the unofficial Treasurer just because he keeps the funds in an account. If we ever organize into a legal entity, we could then get a bank account in the LUG’s name and then have a Treasurer. Oh geez, I just brought up the “Should we form an LLC/Corporation” topic! Run for your lives! :-O

Quit lawyering in Lego land. LOL

Dan
    Participant

If we ever organize into a legal entity

I thought we already were? I (think I) recall Josh mentioning it at a meeting.

We can talk about it Saturday!

David Bacon
    Participant

K-Mart is closing another 60+ stores in March – April. The one in Moon Twp, off of Beaver Grade Rd. is listed as closing. Might be a good time to get clearance Lego once they start slashing prices.

Pete
    Participant

Moon township has been closing for awhile now. By this time i think most of their stuff is gone.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I have no water.

Did the local water main break? Did your pipes freeze?

Rich Millich
    Participant

Keep the GOB studly.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> Did the local water main break? Did your pipes freeze?

No, and fortunately, no. I have water again. Let’s just say that I am not happy with the water company right now. And obviously I didn’t make the meeting.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

palisade brick … I learned a technique tonight

what is the technique? do tell!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I was curious if they actually added my competition entries into the LEGO Worlds software. I looked on youtube to see if a gamer had posted playing the Winter Wonderland section of LEGO Worlds and the second video that I checked had my building and my tree.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Josh
    Keymaster

zomg. i didn’t even know they were doing that. soooooooo cool

Josh
    Keymaster

did they ask you how you built the building

it’s accurate

Josh
    Keymaster

Greg Schubert
    Participant

They asked me for an LDD file, because most of the entries were done virtually, but I did not have one, so they figured it our on their own. 🙂 There is also a video that the contest winner posted of his own build in the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGkq73rDW0U

incidentally, my copy of LEGO Worlds is supposed to be delivered by DHL tomorrow. Of course, I don’t have a PS4 to play it on and even if I did the winter worlds is a apparently a seasonal thing that ended January 2nd. 😀

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Its interesting to me that LEGO had the basic idea for this game 20 years ago when they put out the LEGO Loco software. It was mostly for doing train layouts and placing pre-made buildings. The main difference is that the graphics were nowhere near what they can do today.

Josh
    Keymaster

Josh
    Keymaster
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

That’s sexist. Why is it always a princess that needs rescuing?

At least it’s Cbus, not Cleveland… but man, LEGO still hates PGH!

Pete
    Participant

What’s wrong with Cleveland? I would Love to see the Rock and Roll HOF in a miniland.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

They set their river on FIRE.

TWICE.

Pete
    Participant

It just show they are more Talented than Pittsburgh. Lol

Viewing 25 posts - 451 through 475 (of 1,448 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar